Topic Stats

• 4,394 posts
  • 410 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by JustEverett
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 482 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200113-064944_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
color-dmd-hint (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 7.29.13 PM (resized).png
0D57BA5E-28A1-42D4-8C78-C7365E264654 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191220-023114_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
gottlieb short bus (resized).jpg
p (resized).jpg
2019-08-13 19_59_21-ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Home - Internet Explorer (resized).png
Hurricane (resized).png
284F9932-0003-4818-8C75-8FC6FAF19B24.jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 1.06.18 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 7.31.22 AM (resized).png
c-DMD_093  CSI- .jpg
Screenshot_20190701-055134_Facebook (resized).jpg
LAH ColorDMD (resized).jpg
20190620_192523 (resized).jpg

There are 4394 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 88.
#301 3 years ago

Stupid Family Guy, do walking dead already.

#302 3 years ago

It's Sopranos. That doll is Gandalf. James Gandolfini played Tony Soprano, the mob boss who "ruled them all". The suffix "ini' in italian means "little". "Gandalf (Gandolf)"+ "ini"= little wizard.

Edit to add: The tiger clue is for Tony the Tiger (they're grrrreeeat!) leading to Tony Soprano. Not sure how the flower clue fits in. Maybe a show reference? I've never watched it.

#303 3 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Game of Thrones? lions and roses? Little wizard?

Can't do a game that isn't complete; if Spike at all .

#304 3 years ago
Quoted from CryHavoc:

It's Sopranos. That doll is Gandalf. James Gandolfini played Tony Soprano, the mob boss who "ruled them all". The suffix "ini' in italian means "little". "Gandalf (Gandolf)"+ "ini"= little wizard.

I like this!
But how do the first two clues fit?

Edit: I just saw your edit. "Tony the Tiger" of course!

#305 3 years ago

Notice how the word stern is not capitalized. Could that mean it is not a Stern game.

#306 3 years ago

Re the 2nd clue: Meadow Soprano was Tony's daughter.

#307 3 years ago

I was just reading that in Congo the mini (little) playfield has a gorilla batting the ball during wizard mode.

#308 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Re the 2nd clue: Meadow Soprano was Tony's daughter.

There you go. If it's not Sopranos I'll eat my hat.

#309 3 years ago

CryHavoc is the best theory so far, Sopranos it is.

#310 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

CryHavoc is the best theory so far, Sopranos it is.

So the clues mean:
Tony the "Tiger"
"Meadow" Soprano
and Gandalf plus ini = Gandolfini

....and Wizard means nothing because Tony certainly was not magical or that bright.

#311 3 years ago

Last clue better be Johnny Cakes or I'm out!!!

#312 3 years ago

You guys are Friggin' good at this!

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

You guys are Friggin' good at this!

Pirates of the Caribbean!

#315 3 years ago

You realize it has been recently colorized?

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I believe he does

#317 3 years ago

Here was my reply and the response I got when POTC was released.....

image_(resized).png

#318 3 years ago

Quoted from TheLaw:

I believe he does

I hope he does.

#319 3 years ago

Sopranos makes sense, I was told in January by someone who knows it was being worked on.

#320 3 years ago

Also, 2nd clue is meadowlands.. Meadowlands is where they dump at least a few bodies. Could also reference meadow soprano though.

#321 3 years ago

You guys are good.

Congrats to sopranos owners.

#322 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Also, 2nd clue is meadowlands.. Meadowlands is where they dump at least a few bodies. Could also reference meadow soprano though.

Don't forget "Meadow's Gold" if you want to get real obscure .

#323 3 years ago

He has one in his POTC.

#324 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

He has one in his POTC.

He was busting my chops because I may have whined about potc relentlessly until the day it was released

#325 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

He was busting my chops because I may have whined about potc relentlessly until the day it was released

I will be doing the same until color is released for Pinball Magic. Who can blame me for that?

#326 3 years ago

...slightly off topic, but I just put colorDMD in MET. It's my first, and it's AWESOME! Love it!

#327 3 years ago

H'raaaaay!
Good job, team, for working out the correct answer! And good job ColorDMD marketing team for a fun and challenging set of clues!

And congratulations to Sopranos owners!

Screen_Shot_2016-05-25_at_10.09.38_AM_(resized).png

#328 3 years ago

Congrats to the Sopranos owners...

I think I just heard my Congo say "how disappointing"

#329 3 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Congrats to the Sopranos owners...
I think I just heard my Congo say "how disappointing"

yup, I refuse to buy any more colorDMDs till Congo gets its color done (and done well)

#330 3 years ago

Fingers still tightly crossed corvette is somewhere being worked on

#331 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yup, I refuse to buy any more colorDMDs till Congo gets its color done (and done well)

I don't like Congo so I need to counter your boycott. I am going to continue buying ColorDMDs "until" they put out Congo.

#332 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I don't like Congo so I need to counter your boycott. I am going to continue buying ColorDMDs "until" they put out Congo.

I am not worried. Congo is coming and we both know that we are both going to eventually buy them to install in basically every game, lol.

#333 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not worried. Congo is coming and we both know that we are both going to eventually buy them to install in basically every game, lol.

I said I was going to continue until they put out Congo, but I didn't say I was going to stop afterwards.

I think I am at 14 and I need a couple of more. I had to pull one out of AC/DC to test POTC. And once you see it in color there is no going back.

#334 3 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Say, Taxman, are you working on one right now? You don't have to give a title (but I see you own a Junk Yard).

#335 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Say, Taxman, are you working on one right now? You don't have to give a title (but I see you own a Junk Yard).

I have a lot of games that are not setup. I own 41 games with 22 setup in the house and 3 in the Sanctum. Junk Yard is one of the many games I have bought and never setup since I bought it (am I suppose to say that in the confession thread?). I used to own one, felt bad that I sold it so when one came up for sale last year I grabbed it but no room to set it up. But I have thought about it. There are a lot of real nice clean animations in the title that would look good great color. If Randy contacted me and said he wanted me to do it I would make room and do it.

I've done stranger things. Did you know the reason I "bought" Popeye was just because I wanted to color it? (another confession)

#336 3 years ago

It's less of a clue than an announcement, but this happened yesterday...

Screen_Shot_2016-05-31_at_7.50.32_AM_(resized).png

#337 3 years ago

Churning them out at a mad pace. The next clue is up!

A reference to he hills of the Congo?
Something about Big Buck Hunter?

Barb Wire and Stern Playboy seem a little too on the nose.

Screen_Shot_2016-06-04_at_2.26.01_PM_(resized).png

#338 3 years ago

I just remembered that David Duchovny was in season 2 of "Twin Peaks." Maybe The X-Files is up?

#339 3 years ago

SM and SMVE, they are twins right. I hope so.

#340 3 years ago

Does anyone else think some of the colorizing on PotC is kind of...weird? It's the first one I've seen where I say "that's not right" on some of the sequences. Like the Kraken with green tentacles with blue highlights? Looks totally wrong. Same issue with the Kraken where it explodes - green/blue tentacles and bright pinky purple blood? No. The light blue lines would have been better in a darker green or black. As it is now, it looks weird in both those sequences. Also, the Skull with the headband is kind of a mess, especially on the one where its looking down a little.

Like I said, I've got a few ColorDMDs, and I lust after many more, but this is the first one where I wasn't totally onboard with the color choices.

#341 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Churning them out at a mad pace. The next clue is up!
A reference to he hills of the Congo?
Something about Big Buck Hunter?
Barb Wire and Stern Playboy seem a little too on the nose.

Yes!! Finally congo!!

#342 3 years ago

Cactus Canyon ! Show some love for the last Bally

#343 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Does anyone else think some of the colorizing on PotC is kind of...weird? It's the first one I've seen where I say "that's not right" on some of the sequences. Like the Kraken with green tentacles with blue highlights? Looks totally wrong. Same issue with the Kraken where it explodes - green/blue tentacles and bright pinky purple blood? No. The light blue lines would have been better in a darker green or black. As it is now, it looks weird in both those sequences. Also, the Skull with the headband is kind of a mess, especially on the one where its looking down a little.
Like I said, I've got a few ColorDMDs, and I lust after many more, but this is the first one where I wasn't totally onboard with the color choices.

I agree, the choice of colors is not so great.

#344 3 years ago

Next clue: Leia and Luke. "What were you expecting?"

Famous pairs? Siblings? Again, this is too on the nose to be DESW.
Any ideas about how this relates to clue #1?

Screen_Shot_2016-06-06_at_8.59.11_AM_(resized).png

#345 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Famous pairs? Siblings? Again, this is too on the nose to be DESW.
Any ideas about how this relates to clue #1?

Aren't they twins?

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

The person who colorized it thought if he colorized it properly to the movies, it would be a lot of boring brown in most of the frames. I wouldn't have minded that actually.

#347 3 years ago

Aren't they twins?

Yes! Both clues are about twins - good job!

Maybe they're releasing the "twin" games Family Guy and Shrek?

ed: the written part of the clues feature words starting with EX - "expo" and "expect." Maybe that's something to consider?

#348 3 years ago

The Twins is a location in the Game of Thrones. I'm skeptical that it would get done this soon, though. I mean they JUST announced sigma for Spike.

#349 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Yes! Both clues are about twins - good job!
Maybe they're releasing the "twin" games Family Guy and Shrek?

A double release would be sweet.

#350 3 years ago

T2?
Twins starts with a T and is two.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.95
There are 4394 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 88.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside