CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg
There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 103.
#3051 6 years ago

Ha. That worked. So easy.

#3052 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

So many video modes it will take you forever.

#3053 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

So many video modes it will take you forever.

You mean 30 minutes. Eric is super fast at coloring games.

#3054 6 years ago

SLUGFEST ?????

#3055 6 years ago

Big buck hunter!

#3056 6 years ago

Been kinda hoping for this title.

#3057 6 years ago

new hint!

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#3058 6 years ago

The Black Crowes, perhaps too obvious to be Black Rose?

#3059 6 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

The Black Crowes, perhaps too obvious to be Black Rose?

I'll take Black Rose (LED) for $370, Jim.

#3060 6 years ago

Sweet, I just picked up a Black Rose two weeks ago. Good timing!

#3062 6 years ago

And that is a bummer. I hope to pick one up at some point in time.

#3063 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

And that is a bummer. I hope to pick one up at some point in time.

Yeah and here at this time I have the money. Just watch when I DON'T have the money it'll come out.

#3064 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah and here at this time I have the money. Just watch when I DON'T have the money it'll come out.

just buy one and put it in there until its released? if you have the money now and that is what you want to have with it

#3065 6 years ago

Will we be given the answer to “Geometry Escape” when this is officially announced?

It’s giving me more anxiety not getting the answer to that than knowing what 72 is going to be (and I have a Black Rose with Color DMD already installed and waiting)

I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to get that puzzle figured out.

#3066 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Spend it now!! Buy a Sigma display and enjoy any single color you want the display to be while you wait on the full color ROM.

#3067 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

just buy one and put it in there until its released? if you have the money now and that is what you want to have with it

I know but I want full color NOW.

#3068 6 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

Will we be given the answer to “Geometry Escape” when this is officially announced?
It’s giving me more anxiety not getting the answer to that than knowing what 72 is going to be (and I have a Black Rose with Color DMD already installed and waiting)
I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to get that puzzle figured out.

Perhaps "escape" is noted so that Polygon is a play on "Polly gone" for Polly in Black Rose. Not sure. Perhaps the angles, colors, etc. are red herrings?

#3069 6 years ago

Yarrrrrrr.

#3070 6 years ago

So glad I installed a Sigma display in my Black Rose a few weeks ago..!

#3071 6 years ago

For those in the know, is there any reason why Capcom games would be difficult to colorize?

#3072 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

For those in the know, is there any reason why Capcom games would be difficult to colorize?

Just haven't gotten to it yet. Needs a bit of work to get the signal 100% right. There's also the issue of mounting a display in those games. It's either a very fancy new bracket to be able to mount all the bits to, or you have to mount the display with the board essentially out of reach inside a metal box so updating and adjusting is impossible. We (some friends and I) mounted an LCD in a Big Bang Bar just to experiment with it. Turns out the LCD fits fine, but we had to re-loacate the ColorDMD board on some adhesive standoffs to be able to reach the buttons. Another bunch of guys engineered new mounting boards for all the capcom parts, but that's not an official ColorDMD product at this point.

TLDR: Randy has to tweak things for the signal to be 100% and the mounting is problematic.

#3073 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Just haven't gotten to it yet. Needs a bit of work to get the signal 100% right. There's also the issue of mounting a display in those games. It's either a very fancy new bracket to be able to mount all the bits to, or you have to mount the display with the board essentially out of reach inside a metal box so updating and adjusting is impossible. We (some friends and I) mounted an LCD in a Big Bang Bar just to experiment with it. Turns out the LCD fits fine, but we had to re-loacate the ColorDMD board on some adhesive standoffs to be able to reach the buttons. Another bunch of guys engineered new mounting boards for all the capcom parts, but that's not an official ColorDMD product at this point.
TLDR: Randy has to tweak things for the signal to be 100% and the mounting is problematic.

you are welcome to Airborne when the time comes.

That game has GREAT animations!

#3074 6 years ago

Pinball Magic

#3075 6 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Pinball Magic

Yes. I am waiting. There is a bit of flickering with the current Sigma, but at least I can choose any color I want.20170923_084923 (resized).jpg20170923_084923 (resized).jpg20170923_084254 (resized).jpg20170923_084254 (resized).jpg20170923_085233 (resized).jpg20170923_085233 (resized).jpg

#3076 6 years ago

Black Crows/Black Rose. Nicely done, Dmod

#3077 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Black Crows/Black Rose. Nicely done, dmod

Black Crowes. You're welcome.

#3078 6 years ago

It's officially official! Congrats Black Rose owners!

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 12.05.45 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-03-05 at 12.05.45 AM (resized).png

That's 72 games down, 72 more to go! Congrats to the whole ColorDMD team for reaching this landmark!
Also, it's hard to believe, but there are only 5 B/W games left on the list!

#3079 6 years ago

Black Rose awesome! You know what else is awesome....

"In addition to Black Rose, Eric has been hard at work on another title that will be revealed later this week and previewed at the Texas Pinball Festival in March!"

#3080 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Also, it's hard to believe, but there are only 5 B/W games left on the list!

What's left? Jack*Bot, Hurricane, Who Dunnit, NBA Fastbreak, ... and, uh, Ticket Tac Toe?

#3081 6 years ago
Quoted from ts4z:

What's left? Jack*Bot, Hurricane, Who Dunnit, NBA Fastbreak, ... and, uh, Ticket Tac Toe?

From the OP:
Hurricane; Jack-Bot; NBA Fastbreak; Party Zone; WHO dunnit

#3082 6 years ago

Capcom PM

#3083 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Great Job Eric P! Congrats on your 15th Title!

#3084 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Great Job Eric P! Congrats on your 15th Title!

Not gonna lie; wasn't fun to work on. Technical frustrations and REALLY crude pixel art to color on. Took longer to do than it should have because I kept dragging my feet on it.

#3085 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Not gonna lie; wasn't fun to work on. Technical frustrations and REALLY crude pixel art to color on. Took longer to do than it should have because I kept dragging my feet on it.

which was harder/worse? Gilligan's or Black Rose to colorize

#3086 6 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Black Rose awesome! You know what else is awesome....
"In addition to Black Rose, Eric has been hard at work on another title that will be revealed later this week and previewed at the Texas Pinball Festival in March!"

Bill, you tease us.

ColorDMD drop us next title hint!!!

Eric, thank you for all your hard work.

#3087 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

which was harder/worse? Gilligan's or Black Rose to colorize

Black Rose. By a mile. The displays on Gilligan are pretty basic.

The transitions in the attract mode were a huge problem. Took me 3 weeks to come up with a way to do those that worked well. That sucked. The explosions when the 'replay' awards and ship sinking animations play were very problematic. The game doesn't make much use of the 3 shades of brightness, most things are full bright for the foreground and dim for the back. None of this matters to the consumer. I just hope it looks good enough that Black Rose owners are happy with it. Ericpinballfan did beta testing on it and seems happy with it.

Re: that other thing, I've been dropping hints all over the place. Probably more than Randy wishes I would. heh! See you at TPF!

#3088 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Black Rose. By a mile. The displays on Gilligan are pretty basic.
The transitions in the attract mode were a huge problem. Took me 3 weeks to come up with a way to do those that worked well. That sucked. The explosions when the 'replay' awards and ship sinking animations play were very problematic. The game doesn't make much use of the 3 shades of brightness, most things are full bright for the foreground and dim for the back. None of this matters to the consumer. I just hope it looks good enough that Black Rose owners are happy with it. Ericpinballfan did beta testing on it and seems happy with it.
Re: that other thing, I've been dropping hints all over the place. Probably more than Randy wishes I would. heh! See you at TPF!

Eric out did himself on this one and deserves a Twipy award for dedication to pinball!
The explosion transitions are awkward and he was able to isolate and color them. This game looks amazing in color and brings it new life and much better to play. The video modes are over the top and Polly is just beautiful.
Randy gets some street cred to with figuring out registration issues and eliminating some blinking.
FYI, Ive mounted a few of these LED displays now. Very easy, dont let it dissuade you from buying one. Control board comes off easy and monitor comes with 4 stand-offs to mount to back of white swing door.
I reccomend 1/4 inch or 3/8 sticky back rubber seal around face of display. Prevents GI light bleed on display.
Ill post some pics later today.

#3089 6 years ago

I used a really thick 1" 'expanding' weatherstripping foam on Gilligan and Black Rose.

#3090 6 years ago

I'm sure there's a theme in here somewhere.

BR_Swim (resized).PNGBR_Swim (resized).PNG

#3091 6 years ago

the colordmd team is re-doing fish tales?

#3092 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the colordmd team is re-doing fish tales?

Uh no. Another new title coming up for TPF.

#3093 6 years ago

I thought Dmod was a referring to Jaws becoming a game.

#3094 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Baywatch, Waterworld? hmm.... can't wait until the next hint.

#3095 6 years ago

Hoping for Austin Powers or WWFRR. Come on baby.......

#3096 6 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hoping for Austin Powers or WWFRR. Come on baby.......

Don't give up hope!

#3097 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Now if that shark had a frickin' laser beam on it's head.

#3098 6 years ago

Ghostbusters! Woohoo!

#3099 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Slow, repeated minor 2nds in the basses.

#3100 6 years ago
Quoted from ts4z:

The complete list of uncolorized games can be found on post #1 of this topic, sorted by manufacturer.

There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/62?hl=billpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.