By TopMoose

1 year ago

Stats

• 2,935 posts
  • 332 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 minutes ago by agodfrey
  • Topic is favorited by 63 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 324 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

fbebece1-cb67-4051-aff4-d9f2491f8ad0 (resized).png
6e356096-4a5d-4aa6-a2d6-61d6cc00e511 (resized).png
94089b01-e0ae-4659-b5bc-ffee7bf7674a (resized).png
35c218f9-7ee1-4598-96c0-b1bc3054be44 (resized).png
8b742bc4-5bde-449c-a110-8e5512123309 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-01-18 at 7.40.17 AM (resized).png
26AB4F31-AFE0-4D7C-A0F3-6B76163E5DB8 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_2018-01-17-03-43-38 (resized).png
2018-01-16 06_46_56-(19) ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Home - Internet Explorer (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 11.49.56 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 11.48.33 AM (resized).png
20170830_201708 (resized).jpg
Lost_pinball (resized).jpg
11410878_m (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20171219_203027.jpg

There are 2935 posts in topic. You are on page 57 of 59.
#2802 38 days ago

Yah I would like to see a video of the LCD and LED. I'm torn which one would be best with the animation of GOT

#2803 38 days ago
Quoted from adams_arcade:

Yah I would like to see a video of the LCD and LED. I'm torn which one would be best w :-)ith the animation of GOT

When in doubt, buy the LCD.

#2804 38 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

When in doubt, buy the LCD.

I do like my BSD and GNR with the LED....the small movies in GOT makes me think LCD though

#2805 38 days ago
Quoted from adams_arcade:

I do like my BSD and GNR with the LED....the small movies in GOT makes me think LCD though

When the game is in color, there is no wrong choice.

#2806 38 days ago

Any IM / SM / TF owners care to share how video clips look like on their LCD with Dots XL and scan mode? Would love to see the difference, as I'm trying to decide whether to go LCD or LED myself.

#2807 38 days ago
Quoted from japespin:

Any IM / SM / TF owners care to share how video clips look like on their LCD with Dots XL and scan mode? Would love to see the difference, as I'm trying to decide whether to go LCD or LED myself.

I would stick with LCD. WAY more flexibility. LED is good for applications where you HAVE to do it so it fits, but that's about it, IMO.

#2808 38 days ago

Not sure why so many are still on the fence, many many of us have said LCD reigns superior. If you keep debating about it they will sell out and you will have to wait for the next stock cycle. Get off your ass and order one already.

#2809 38 days ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Not sure why so many are still on the fence, many many of us have said LCD reigns superior. If you keep debating about it they will sell out and you will have to wait for the next stock cycle. Get off your ass and order one already.

Alright, alright. I ordered an lcd. I picked fast shipping. Hopefully it comes while I’m on Christmas vacation.

#2810 38 days ago
Quoted from Dmod:

New Game of Thrones displays include a short adapter cable that plugs into the power distribution board at the lower right corner of the backbox to obtain 12V. The other side of the adapter connects to the standard SAM/WS cable kit.
This adapter is all that's needed to power newer LED and LCD displays with Chroma controller boards.
Older displays with Rev 1.3B boards need both 5V and 12V. Pinball Life and Mezel Mods both sell DC/DC converters for SPIKE games that convert 48V from the game to 5V/12V needed to power the ColorDMD and other game mods.

So can I buy an LCD for my gb and the cable used for got will work?

#2811 38 days ago
Quoted from tp:

So can I buy an LCD for my gb and the cable used for got will work?

Yes, because Ghostbusters uses the same power distribution board.

KISS and WWE have an earlier version of the power distribution board which does not support the 12V output. For these games a different power solution is needed to obtain 12V.

#2812 38 days ago
Quoted from Dmod:

KISS and WWE have an earlier version of the power distribution board which does not support the 12V output. For these games a different power solution is needed to obtain 12V.

so does that mean we are less likely to get a KISS version? that would be a shame, but I understand that it might not be worth doing a design just for those two pins (especially considering WWE was apparently a bust and there probably aren't a ton out there)

#2813 38 days ago
Quoted from resipsa:

so does that mean we are less likely to get a KISS version? that would be a shame, but I understand that it might not be worth doing a design just for those two pins (especially considering WWE was apparently a bust and there probably aren't a ton out there)

Solutions for these games are available from Pinball Life and Mezel Mods. One involves a simple fused cable that pulls 12V from a node board. Another uses a DC/DC converter to locally generate 12V/5V from the 48V supply.

#2814 38 days ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Solutions for these games are available from Pinball Life and Mezel Mods. One involves a simple fused cable that pulls 12V from a node board. Another uses a DC/DC converter to locally generate 12V/5V from the 48V supply.

Great; so when can I order my kiss color DMD?

#2815 38 days ago
Quoted from resipsa:

Great; so when can I order my kiss color DMD?

KISS would be awesome if done.....

Once the last update drops, I think KISS's popularity will increase as many have written it off and in reality it's as fun as any game Stern have done, but it does need a fair bit of polish etc.

#2816 37 days ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Thanks colordmd!!! Ordered late last night and items already shipping!! Every machine I own will now have a LCD in it. Best mod ever!!

#2817 33 days ago

It would be great if we could get some detailed instructions on how to install this into GOT with the supplied cable. Having the SAM instructions from the ColorDMD website and an extra cable for Spike applications is leaving some guess work. I just installed on my GOT and I have nothing, just a black screen.

#2818 33 days ago

OK, I'm good now. I didn't change anything, just re-seated all the connections and now have a nice gold colored Sigma display! Looking forward to the code!

#2819 33 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, I'm good now. I didn't change anything, just re-seated all the connections and now have a nice gold colored Sigma display! Looking forward to the code!

20171219_203027.jpg

#2820 33 days ago

The preview video is up for Game of Thrones and it's awesome. Fantastic work, Dave!

» YouTube video

#2821 33 days ago

Woah. That looks sick! The scene with the guy lying behind the grass looks fantastic!

#2822 33 days ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Woah. That looks sick! The scene with the guy lying behind the grass looks fantastic!

And since you see that scene a LOT, even better news!

#2823 33 days ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

I've personally installed over two dozen of the ColorDMDs at the VFW museum, and I use various settings depending on the title.
I find that any of the titles with video rips (Iron Man, TF, Spidey, etc.) do not look good in either HiRes or Scan mode. The interpretation algorithm seems to process the video strangely, and your eye picks up the oddness right away.
Best settings are either DotsXL or Tile. This allows some black space between the pixels, and your mind automatically fills in the gaps with what you expect to see.
As always, YMMV.
Later,
EV

This is spot on. I was playing with the settings on mine last night after I installed in GOT premium. The HiRes, which I am usually a fan of, looks terrible. But dotsxl or even tile look amazing. I'm seeing detail in the faces that I've never been able to see before. Can't wait to see it in color!

#2824 32 days ago

What setting is the preview video in? Is it even an LCD or is it an LED?

#2825 32 days ago
Quoted from Monk:

Pretty sure it's just the video file from the computer they colored it on. They're not shooting video of the screen displaying the color video.

#2826 32 days ago
Quoted from Monk:

It's directly filmed from an LCD running in DOXL mode.

#2827 32 days ago
Quoted from Dmod:

It's directly filmed from an LCD running in DOXL mode.

I stand corrected!

#2828 32 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Pretty sure it's just the video file from the computer they colored it on. They're not shooting video of the screen displaying the color video.

If that were the case it would look even nicer! These are tough to film. All the teaser videos going all the way back to AFM were filmed using an actual ColorDMD, mostly LCD and several times with LED.

#2829 29 days ago

What's left?

#2830 29 days ago

I500
NASCAR
The two I have that aren’t colorized.

#2831 29 days ago
Quoted from hank527:

What's left?

Here's the post from the beginning of the year with what's left. Scratch off the ones that have been done this year.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-which-colordmd-do-you-want-poll-included#post-3564664

#2832 29 days ago
Quoted from hank527:

What's left?

I'm keeping a running tally on post 1 of this thread.

2 weeks later
#2833 8 days ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I500
NASCAR
The two I have that aren’t colorized.

I second the Nascar. The only game out of the 17 I own that needs coloring.

#2834 8 days ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I'm keeping a running tally on post 1 of this thread.

I'm hoping for Jack Bot.

#2835 8 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm hoping for Jack Bot.

Yesplease.

#2837 8 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

A 3d tl would be nice too.

Given the small run, you're probably asking way too much. ColorDMD and I'd be fine.

#2838 7 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Given the small run, you're probably asking way too much. ColorDMD and I'd be fine.

One can dream can't one.

#2839 7 days ago

There's a whole other topic about what titles you want colorized.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-which-colordmd-do-you-want-poll-included#post-3564664

This one is about guessing what the ColorDMD Facebook clues mean.

#2840 7 days ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Even better, the newer 2018 thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-which-colordmds-do-you-want-poll-included

#2841 7 days ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Well we gotta do something until the next clue comes out.

#2842 7 days ago

New clue!

pasted_image (resized).png

#2843 7 days ago

Drop the "ET" and replace the "L" with an H an it's GHOST!!!! Ghostbusters confirmed. Sweet.

haha - stretch i know....

#2844 7 days ago

It's so simple they practically gave this one away. Inconceivable!

It's my extreme intellect that allows me to choose the right game.

Clearly they don't want us to think it is Ghostbusters. But in fact it really is Ghostbusters. Inconceivable!

#2845 7 days ago

The original Facebook post did not include the correctly licensed image. Fixed...

11410878_m (resized).jpg

#2846 7 days ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The original Facebook post did not include the correctly licensed image. Fixed...

Thought you were going deep on that one to mock up and unlicensed ghosted watermark on a licensed image to reinforce that this is Ghostbusters...

#2847 7 days ago

GB confirmed!!!!! (here's to hoping)

#2848 7 days ago

No, its Junkyard!

#2849 7 days ago

Those letters can be rearranged to "TEST LOG".

#2850 7 days ago

Great clue! So many options!

Maybe it's a road-themed game like Harley Davidson, Indy 500 or NASCAR.
Maybe "lost" is the operative word and it's Lost World or Lost in Space.

Other options? Can't wait for the next clue!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 14.95
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 9.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Biltmore Forrest , NC
$ 229.99
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
$ 74.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Ann Arbor, MI
$ 12.95
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2935 posts in topic. You are on page 57 of 59.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside