CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg
There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 103.
#2802 6 years ago

Yah I would like to see a video of the LCD and LED. I'm torn which one would be best with the animation of GOT

#2803 6 years ago
Quoted from adams_arcade:

Yah I would like to see a video of the LCD and LED. I'm torn which one would be best w :-)ith the animation of GOT

When in doubt, buy the LCD.

#2804 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

When in doubt, buy the LCD.

I do like my BSD and GNR with the LED....the small movies in GOT makes me think LCD though

#2805 6 years ago
Quoted from adams_arcade:

I do like my BSD and GNR with the LED....the small movies in GOT makes me think LCD though

When the game is in color, there is no wrong choice.

#2806 6 years ago

Any IM / SM / TF owners care to share how video clips look like on their LCD with Dots XL and scan mode? Would love to see the difference, as I'm trying to decide whether to go LCD or LED myself.

#2807 6 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

Any IM / SM / TF owners care to share how video clips look like on their LCD with Dots XL and scan mode? Would love to see the difference, as I'm trying to decide whether to go LCD or LED myself.

I would stick with LCD. WAY more flexibility. LED is good for applications where you HAVE to do it so it fits, but that's about it, IMO.

#2808 6 years ago

Not sure why so many are still on the fence, many many of us have said LCD reigns superior. If you keep debating about it they will sell out and you will have to wait for the next stock cycle. Get off your ass and order one already.

#2809 6 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Not sure why so many are still on the fence, many many of us have said LCD reigns superior. If you keep debating about it they will sell out and you will have to wait for the next stock cycle. Get off your ass and order one already.

Alright, alright. I ordered an lcd. I picked fast shipping. Hopefully it comes while I’m on Christmas vacation.

#2810 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

New Game of Thrones displays include a short adapter cable that plugs into the power distribution board at the lower right corner of the backbox to obtain 12V. The other side of the adapter connects to the standard SAM/WS cable kit.
This adapter is all that's needed to power newer LED and LCD displays with Chroma controller boards.
Older displays with Rev 1.3B boards need both 5V and 12V. Pinball Life and Mezel Mods both sell DC/DC converters for SPIKE games that convert 48V from the game to 5V/12V needed to power the ColorDMD and other game mods.

So can I buy an LCD for my gb and the cable used for got will work?

#2811 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

So can I buy an LCD for my gb and the cable used for got will work?

Yes, because Ghostbusters uses the same power distribution board.

KISS and WWE have an earlier version of the power distribution board which does not support the 12V output. For these games a different power solution is needed to obtain 12V.

#2812 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

KISS and WWE have an earlier version of the power distribution board which does not support the 12V output. For these games a different power solution is needed to obtain 12V.

so does that mean we are less likely to get a KISS version? that would be a shame, but I understand that it might not be worth doing a design just for those two pins (especially considering WWE was apparently a bust and there probably aren't a ton out there)

#2813 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

so does that mean we are less likely to get a KISS version? that would be a shame, but I understand that it might not be worth doing a design just for those two pins (especially considering WWE was apparently a bust and there probably aren't a ton out there)

Solutions for these games are available from Pinball Life and Mezel Mods. One involves a simple fused cable that pulls 12V from a node board. Another uses a DC/DC converter to locally generate 12V/5V from the 48V supply.

#2814 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Solutions for these games are available from Pinball Life and Mezel Mods. One involves a simple fused cable that pulls 12V from a node board. Another uses a DC/DC converter to locally generate 12V/5V from the 48V supply.

Great; so when can I order my kiss color DMD?

#2815 6 years ago
Quoted from resipsa:

Great; so when can I order my kiss color DMD?

KISS would be awesome if done.....

Once the last update drops, I think KISS's popularity will increase as many have written it off and in reality it's as fun as any game Stern have done, but it does need a fair bit of polish etc.

#2816 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Thanks colordmd!!! Ordered late last night and items already shipping!! Every machine I own will now have a LCD in it. Best mod ever!!

#2817 6 years ago

It would be great if we could get some detailed instructions on how to install this into GOT with the supplied cable. Having the SAM instructions from the ColorDMD website and an extra cable for Spike applications is leaving some guess work. I just installed on my GOT and I have nothing, just a black screen.

#2818 6 years ago

OK, I'm good now. I didn't change anything, just re-seated all the connections and now have a nice gold colored Sigma display! Looking forward to the code!

#2819 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

OK, I'm good now. I didn't change anything, just re-seated all the connections and now have a nice gold colored Sigma display! Looking forward to the code!

20171219_203027.jpg20171219_203027.jpg

#2820 6 years ago

The preview video is up for Game of Thrones and it's awesome. Fantastic work, Dave!

#2821 6 years ago

Woah. That looks sick! The scene with the guy lying behind the grass looks fantastic!

#2822 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Woah. That looks sick! The scene with the guy lying behind the grass looks fantastic!

And since you see that scene a LOT, even better news!

#2823 6 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

I've personally installed over two dozen of the ColorDMDs at the VFW museum, and I use various settings depending on the title.
I find that any of the titles with video rips (Iron Man, TF, Spidey, etc.) do not look good in either HiRes or Scan mode. The interpretation algorithm seems to process the video strangely, and your eye picks up the oddness right away.
Best settings are either DotsXL or Tile. This allows some black space between the pixels, and your mind automatically fills in the gaps with what you expect to see.
As always, YMMV.
Later,
EV

This is spot on. I was playing with the settings on mine last night after I installed in GOT premium. The HiRes, which I am usually a fan of, looks terrible. But dotsxl or even tile look amazing. I'm seeing detail in the faces that I've never been able to see before. Can't wait to see it in color!

#2824 6 years ago

What setting is the preview video in? Is it even an LCD or is it an LED?

#2825 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Pretty sure it's just the video file from the computer they colored it on. They're not shooting video of the screen displaying the color video.

#2826 6 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

It's directly filmed from an LCD running in DOXL mode.

#2827 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

It's directly filmed from an LCD running in DOXL mode.

I stand corrected!

#2828 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pretty sure it's just the video file from the computer they colored it on. They're not shooting video of the screen displaying the color video.

If that were the case it would look even nicer! These are tough to film. All the teaser videos going all the way back to AFM were filmed using an actual ColorDMD, mostly LCD and several times with LED.

#2829 6 years ago

What's left?

#2830 6 years ago

I500
NASCAR
The two I have that aren’t colorized.

#2831 6 years ago

Here's the post from the beginning of the year with what's left. Scratch off the ones that have been done this year.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-which-colordmd-do-you-want-poll-included#post-3564664

#2832 6 years ago

I'm keeping a running tally on post 1 of this thread.

2 weeks later
#2833 6 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

I500
NASCAR
The two I have that aren’t colorized.

I second the Nascar. The only game out of the 17 I own that needs coloring.

#2834 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I'm keeping a running tally on post 1 of this thread.

I'm hoping for Jack Bot.

#2835 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm hoping for Jack Bot.

Yesplease.

#2837 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

A 3d tl would be nice too.

Given the small run, you're probably asking way too much. ColorDMD and I'd be fine.

#2838 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given the small run, you're probably asking way too much. ColorDMD and I'd be fine.

One can dream can't one.

#2839 6 years ago

There's a whole other topic about what titles you want colorized.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2017-which-colordmd-do-you-want-poll-included#post-3564664

This one is about guessing what the ColorDMD Facebook clues mean.

#2840 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Even better, the newer 2018 thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2018-which-colordmds-do-you-want-poll-included

#2841 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Well we gotta do something until the next clue comes out.

#2842 6 years ago

New clue!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2843 6 years ago

Drop the "ET" and replace the "L" with an H an it's GHOST!!!! Ghostbusters confirmed. Sweet.

haha - stretch i know....

#2844 6 years ago

It's so simple they practically gave this one away. Inconceivable!

It's my extreme intellect that allows me to choose the right game.

Clearly they don't want us to think it is Ghostbusters. But in fact it really is Ghostbusters. Inconceivable!

#2845 6 years ago

The original Facebook post did not include the correctly licensed image. Fixed...

11410878_m (resized).jpg11410878_m (resized).jpg

#2846 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The original Facebook post did not include the correctly licensed image. Fixed...

Thought you were going deep on that one to mock up and unlicensed ghosted watermark on a licensed image to reinforce that this is Ghostbusters...

#2847 6 years ago

GB confirmed!!!!! (here's to hoping)

#2849 6 years ago

Those letters can be rearranged to "TEST LOG".

#2850 6 years ago

Great clue! So many options!

Maybe it's a road-themed game like Harley Davidson, Indy 500 or NASCAR.
Maybe "lost" is the operative word and it's Lost World or Lost in Space.

Other options? Can't wait for the next clue!

There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.