CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg
There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 103.
#2651 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Zitt, time to get cracking on your MDF STLE color dmd plate! I signed up on your site to be notified. Your set up best protects the color dmd and prevents light bleed. I’m in...

Yep I am in too

#2652 6 years ago

Here's the official Star Trek announcement...

AND OH, BY THE WAY, they've also announced that World Cup Soccer AND Godzilla are on the way IN ADDITION to Ghostbusters.

Screen Shot 2017-10-11 at 8.47.30 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-11 at 8.47.30 AM (resized).png

#2653 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

It is truly a sad day for Ghostbusters owners around the world. Let's all take a moment to reflect on the horrific injustice that has happened here.

They said they are working in it. You should be rejoicing. Most newer games have to wait much longer.

#2654 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

It is truly a sad day for Ghostbusters owners around the world. Let's all take a moment to reflect on the horrific injustice that has happened here.

Oh boo hoo! Get in line.

There are other more deserving games that we've been waiting for longer than GB has even been out.

#2655 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

They said they are working in it. You should be rejoicing. Most newer games have to wait much longer.

Maybe those others you're thinking of are being worked on too. It's all a matter of whether or not someone is willing to jump in - knowing that if there are big changes, they'll be on the hook for the additional work to fix things.

#2656 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

knowing that if there are big changes, they'll be on the hook for the additional work to fix things.

I don't think that Jackbot has to worry about changes.

#2657 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Here's the official Star Trek announcement...
AND OH, BY THE WAY, they've also announced that World Cup Soccer AND Godzilla are on the way IN ADDITION to Ghostbusters.

BAMM!!! WCS....my life is now complete!!! Thank you....

#2658 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Can I put a ColorDMD in GB and set it to green? Which version should you buy as I do not see a Spike version on the website?

You can but the cable to hook up has to be bought separately.. When I order for a game that's not ready I mention in the order which game the LCD is really for to get the right one.

#2659 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

BAMM!!! WCS....my life is now complete!!! Thank you....

Wow doesn't take much does it. Just kidding of course.

#2660 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I don't think that Jackbot has to worry about changes.

25905a94c1592d0105564793b255959a--school-counselor-office-school-office (resized).jpg25905a94c1592d0105564793b255959a--school-counselor-office-school-office (resized).jpg

#2661 6 years ago

When can you download the new Star Trek code?

#2662 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Probably not till after the show. Just keep an eye on here.

#2663 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Friday looks to be the target

#2664 6 years ago
Quoted from moTiv8:

On my LE there is a blue Shield installed from factory.
you need to buy a clear shield and spacers if you want to install a LCD.
if you want to install an LED you only need the clear shield.

That's likely after market as the stock LE is a Red DMD - not blue.
My Adapter kit includes the clear shield.

#2665 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Oh boo hoo! Get in line.
There are other more deserving games that we've been waiting for longer than GB has even been out.

Actually, there are NO games more deserving than Ghostbusters.

#2666 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Actually, there are NO games more deserving than Ghostbusters.

Right. If you put on your pinball blinders and choose to ignore the many other games awaiting ColorDMD firmware that have actual finished code; equally good or better dots; are more fun to play; and have been around longer than GB.

#2667 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Right. If you put on your pinball blinders and choose to ignore the many other games awaiting ColorDMD firmware that have actual finished code; equally good or better dots; are more fun to play; and have been around longer than GB.

Just ran through them again.

Answer: None.

Thank you very much! I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

#2668 6 years ago

I've had my colorDMD LCD in STLE for just over 2 years patiently waiting on this. I can't wait for the Friday download to get full color.

Thanks again Randy and the team who put this together and stuck with it.

#2669 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Just ran through them again.
Answer: None.
Thank you very much! I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Wrong.
Everyone would agree that Star Trek was in higher need because it was stated that we'd see color dots in 2015...
GB wasn't even a prototype on the drawing board in 2015.

You opinion / comedy act is not funny.

#2670 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Wrong.
Everyone would agree that Star Trek was in higher need because it was stated that we'd see color dots in 2015...
GB wasn't even a prototype on the drawing board in 2015.
You opinion / comedy act is not funny.

Hey dippy, we're talking post Star Trek's release.

Your lack of understanding is not funny.

#2671 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Hey dippy, we're talking post Star Trek's release.
Your lack of understanding is not funny.

Rather than pitching a fit... why don't you color a game.
You seem to have some sense of entitlement so wanted to be clear that you "fake horror" that Ghostbusters (your baby) doesn't yet have color dots rubs me... and others the wrong way. Why don't you wait 3 years like the rest of us.

I don't have a dog in that race... I'm out of games for ColorDMD to color - unless they move to 128x16.
I'm happy ColorDMD is working on GB... but it doesn't deserve any priority over any other games. The color Dot authors set the priority.

#2672 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Rather than pitching a fit... why don't you color a game.
You seem to have some sense of entitlement so wanted to be clear that you "fake horror" that Ghostbusters (your baby) doesn't yet have color dots rubs me... and others the wrong way. Why don't you wait 3 years like the rest of us.
I don't have a dog in that race... I'm out of games for ColorDMD to color - unless they move to 128x16.
I'm happy ColorDMD is working on GB... but it doesn't deserve any priority over any other games. The color Dot authors set the priority.

I'm not pitching a fit. I'm just chimed to agree with other GB owners that we'd like to be next.

You read FAR too much into my post, and somehow thought it was at Star Trek's expense, which it wasn't. I like Star Trek, and I'm glad it has finally been colored.

#2673 6 years ago

Take the bickering to PM fellas. Thank you.

#2674 6 years ago

Haas anyone installed Star Trek yet? I just did and it's completely jacked up! When I start a mode, it shows the initial animations up until where it shows the mode name (i.e. Space Jump) and then it freezes here until some non-mode event occurs (2x completed at the rollover lanes, earn a medal, start multiball, etc.). None of the mode animations show. In only one mode was there anything other than the mode title and that was Prime Directive, and those screens had colors all over the place and were even more broken.

In essence, the display is currently useless. Everything worked fine in Sigma mode for the last couple years before the new ROM install.

Any thoughts?

#2675 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Haas anyone installed Star Trek yet? I just did and it's completely jacked up! When I start a mode, it shows the initial animations up until where it shows the mode name (i.e. Space Jump) and then it freezes here until some non-mode event occurs (2x completed at the rollover lanes, earn a medal, start multiball, etc.). None of the mode animations show. In only one mode was there anything other than the mode title and that was Prime Directive, and those screens had colors all over the place and were even more broken.
In essence, the display is currently useless. Everything worked fine in Sigma mode for the last couple years before the new ROM install.
Any thoughts?

bummer! maybe ask over in the star trek owners thread as well

#2676 6 years ago

Make sure you’re running 1.61 not an earlier one.

#2677 6 years ago

Confirmed.
V1.3A hardware does not take the color dots correctly for Stern Star trek.
The green "done" led comes back on after a power cycle. I suspect either the source file is corrupt... or there is something else going on. It looks to me that some of the animations are missing.

#2678 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Confirmed.
V1.3A hardware does not take the color dots correctly for Stern Star trek.
The green "done" led comes back on after a power cycle. I suspect either the source file is corrupt... or there is something else going on. It looks to me that some of the animations are missing.

For older LCD displays, you should be downloading ColorDMD.rom from this support page http://colordmd.com/support_firmware_colordmd.html

When you press the far right menu button, do you see ST or similar name by 3.0? I don't have one to know what the name should be.

#2679 6 years ago

I’m just stoked WCS on the horizon....this is going to be killer!!

#2680 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I’m just stoked WCS on the horizon....this is going to be killer!!

W?0 Dunnit?

#2681 6 years ago

Just know Randy said in development.....fireworks!!!

#2682 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Any thoughts?

same exact issues here.

#2683 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Any thoughts?

When you press the far right menu button, do you see ST or similar name by 3.0? I don't have one to know what the name should be.

#2684 6 years ago

The WCS demo looked great as well!!

20171012_201053 (resized).jpg20171012_201053 (resized).jpg

#2685 6 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Thanks for posting that. Looks great! Hopefully someone can grab some video.

#2686 6 years ago

The freezing issue on Star Trek for Rev 1.2 and 1.3x boards has been corrected and is now available for download. A file was out of date on the build. Sorry for the problem.

#2687 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The freezing issue on Star Trek for Rev 1.2 and 1.3x boards has been corrected and is now available for download. A file was out of date on the build. Sorry for the problem.

Thanks!!

#2688 6 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

YES!!!

#2689 6 years ago

My vote is Who Dunnit!

#2690 6 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

Easily one of the best!!!

#2691 6 years ago
Quoted from Flowst:

My vote is Who Dunnit!

What's this about voting? What did I miss?

#2692 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

What's this about voting? What did I miss?

Wishful thinking.

#2693 6 years ago

Haha, very true. Putting positive thoughts out there hoping for karma to influence the color DMD geniuses.
I certainly hope you all get the displays you wish for of course.

Playing pinball on a monochromatic display is like watching black and white TV.

#2694 6 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Haha. Glad I'm lazy and waited until today.

ST is my favorite yet. It's really really awesome on hi rez. I cannot recommend this upgrade enough.

I took extra time to mount as I put black electrical tape around the standoffs. Not getting any bleed and it costs about 2 cents.

IMAG0759 (resized).jpgIMAG0759 (resized).jpg

#2695 6 years ago

If we are voting.....
Who Dunnit please and,
Black Rose....after adding Gilligan's island in color with the LED display, cant wait to do the same with BR.

#2696 6 years ago

Hank527, that ST looks amazing.

#2697 6 years ago
Quoted from Flowst:

Playing pinball on a monochromatic display is like watching black and white TV.

A lot of Pinsiders really can't relate to that but I sure can.

1 week later
#2698 6 years ago

Godzilla is official! Here's the announcement:

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 7.44.23 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-24 at 7.44.23 AM (resized).png

1 week later
#2699 6 years ago

So I just installed a new ColorDMD LED panel for ST:Pro. On first power up, I changed the mounting to SAM, saved & exited. Then I followed the firmware install instructions exactly. File name is "chromo.rom". After pressing the left button for 5 seconds, screen goes blank. Supposed to wait ~30 sec. and come back on. It doesn't come back on. FM version does say ST3.0. I can access the main DMD menu(although mounting option is no longer there). Otherwise, it just stays blank and never shows the game.

I triple checked the cables and nothing is loose at all. Power is plugged in exactly according to instructions. Have no clue what's going on here. Need help!

#2700 6 years ago
Quoted from PWhiz:

So I just installed a new ColorDMD LED panel for ST:Pro. On first power up, I changed the mounting to SAM, saved & exited. Then I followed the firmware install instructions exactly. File name is "chromo.rom". After pressing the left button for 5 seconds, screen goes blank. Supposed to wait ~30 sec. and come back on. It doesn't come back on. FM version does say ST3.0. I can access the main DMD menu(although mounting option is no longer there). Otherwise, it just stays blank and never shows the game.
I triple checked the cables and nothing is loose at all. Power is plugged in exactly according to instructions. Have no clue what's going on here. Need help!

Do you have the latest version of game firmware? Could it be the colorDMD download was corrupt?

There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/54?hl=billpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.