CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg
There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 103.
#2501 6 years ago

Are we getting any hints before expo?

#2502 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

ColorDMD would definitely have to license the ROMS for that, then re-draw the dots at a higher bit rate. Same as MMR.
This could be one of the options they are considering for the future.

I wonder what it take to do the dots for a new game.

#2503 6 years ago

i hope they will show ST at the Expo

#2504 6 years ago

Official spike support would be a welcome announcement. Along with a title or two to show off in brilliant color

#2505 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For original themes, would they? A LOT of Bally/Williams art for playfields, backglasses, etc was never registered.

You don't have to register something in order to have a copyright. It just makes it easier to prove.

#2506 6 years ago

Next hint just posted on ColorDMD's Facebook feed, gotta be Ghostbusters:

ColorDMD1 (resized).pngColorDMD1 (resized).png

#2507 6 years ago

Likely a hint for this:

#2508 6 years ago

color_dmd_hint (resized).jpgcolor_dmd_hint (resized).jpg

Playboy?

#2509 6 years ago

As much as I want this to be Ghostbusters, I have a feeling it's a cruel, misleading hint!

#2510 6 years ago

Maybe it's not the wording but the background picture we should be looking at.

#2511 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

so, it's going to be a colordmd for colordmd? maybe it's an upgrade to allow all of the first gen titles to look as good as some of the more recent b/w stuff

or better yet, maybe colordmd is releasing their dev kit into the wild and allowing everyone to custom colorize their games

#2512 6 years ago

only thing I can come up with is nothing...

We need another clue Randy.

#2513 6 years ago

We came, we saw, we kicked a soccer ball. Easy, WCS is coming!

#2514 6 years ago

Has Austin Powers been done yet...

#2515 6 years ago

Nothing in background. I used my C.S.I. skills and found nothing to report. All evidence leads to this guy being very happy. Ghostbusters here we come. I have been waiting for a long time on this one. GB is a great game and now looking to get even better. Thank you Color DMD.

if7;lp (resized).jpgif7;lp (resized).jpg

#2517 6 years ago

FG already done

#2518 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

When has it not been?

Edit: haha, I quoted the wrong post. Meant to do this one:

Quoted from yzfguy:

As much as I want this to be Ghostbusters, I have a feeling it's a cruel, misleading hint!

#2519 6 years ago

Veni, Vidi, Vici....Who went to Harvard?

#2520 6 years ago

what Movie?

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

#2521 6 years ago

Trading places of course!

#2522 6 years ago

We Came....WC ...World Cup 94

#2523 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

We Came....WC ...World Cup 94

Unfortunately, I think you are right.

#2524 6 years ago

Ball in center of ColorDmd Logo
People from around the world came to Chicago to attend the '94 World Cup

Chicago Pinball Expo happens this week.
Can't think of a better place for a reveal of...

WCS '94

#2525 6 years ago

Sweet, I was already working on that for pin2dmd so I'd love to see how it turned out on colordmd

#2526 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Sweet, I was already working on that for pin2dmd so I'd love to see how it turned out on colordmd

Good luck with the fireworks on that knockoff stuff.

#2527 6 years ago

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 12.11.52 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-10-09 at 12.11.52 PM (resized).png

#2528 6 years ago

"We didn't Kick Ass" Next clue.

#2529 6 years ago

We kicked the ball. WCS 94

#2530 6 years ago

WE BOLDLY WENT! STAR TREK!

#2531 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Lets not get side tracked and start slinging mud for no reason. I am genuinely interested in the release.

#2532 6 years ago

"We came, we saw, he died," she joked when told of news reports of Qaddafi's death by an aide in between formal interviews. Hillary Clinton

Anything pinball we can take from that? He's Dead Jim? Star Trek?

#2533 6 years ago

the first letters from 'we saw' backwards is "SW"
obviously the colorDMD guys have figured out how to better colorize the new stern LED panel games and star wars is going to be the first one!

#2534 6 years ago

Would be glorious!

6ee417325843d9709a4050a5baa75d95--valar-morghulis-memes (resized).jpg6ee417325843d9709a4050a5baa75d95--valar-morghulis-memes (resized).jpg

#2535 6 years ago

" We Scored!!!" = WCS???? Reasonable guess........

#2536 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Lets not get side tracked and start slinging mud for no reason. I am genuinely interested in the release.

No reason? You came into a ColorDMD thread talking about another product.

#2537 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Quoted from epthegeek:

Quoted from Taxman:

wow. egos get so easily bruised here. I'll bet it wouldn't have gone any further had epthegeek not used the word "knockoff" in his comment
just like when the whole smartdmd vs. colordmd "discussion" was going on, all of the colordmd artists were quick to come in and sh*t on everyone else's efforts (and in mike's thread as well no less

WCS is a title that a lot of people have been waiting for, and for someone to show what they were able to accomplish (for a title that still hasn't been announced), but curious to see what the colordmd artists bring to the table isn't what I would call downplaying or dissing the colordmd product

the colordmd artists have done some wonderful colorizations but need to grow some thicker skin and shrug off the whole "holier than thou" attitude

now, let's get back on topic

edit:
corrected the possessive typo in "egos"

#2538 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

wow. ego's get so easily bruised here. I'll bet it wouldn't have gone any further had epthegeek not used the word "knockoff" in his comment
just like when the whole smartdmd vs. colordmd "discussion" was going on, all of the colordmd artists were quick to come in and sh*t on everyone else's efforts (and in mike's thread as well no less
WCS is a title that a lot of people have been waiting for, and for someone to show what they were able to accomplish (for a title that still hasn't been announced), but curious to see what the colordmd artists bring to the table isn't what I would call downplaying or dissing the colordmd product
the colordmd artists have done some wonderful colorizations but need to grow some thicker skin and shrug off the whole "holier than thou" attitude

There is no apostrophe in "egos"

#2539 6 years ago

Has GB been done yet?

#2540 6 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Has GB been done yet?

No. No spike support yet.

#2541 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

No. No spike support yet.

There's spike "support" - you can put a sigma display in a spike game. There are no games colored yet for Spike, but only because they're not done yet, not because they couldn't be.

#2542 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

wow. ego's get so easily bruised here. I'll bet it wouldn't have gone any further had epthegeek not used the word "knockoff" in his comment

JM, I thought we were over this but if not we can hug it out again over a beer at Expo.

#2543 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I don't remember coming in and sh1tt1ng on anyone's efforts. I do know that it was more than just colordmd artists that were though so careful with the 32 pixel brush there

I'm still just amazed at the number of colorized games that are now done just a few years after I started coloring DW. Looking forward to this next release though, even if it isn't mine

#2544 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There's spike "support" - you can put a sigma display in a spike game. There are no games colored yet for Spike, but only because they're not done yet, not because they couldn't be.

Correct...sort of, but you'll need to buy the cables you need to install it from a 3rd party vendor.

#2545 6 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

I mentioned I was also coloring it for the other Dmd with color to give context as to why I'm excited. I'm not part of this "mines better yours sucks" crowd. We both did T2 , colordmd did it better and you did a great job with it. Why can't I be excited to see how someone else colored a game I was working on too?

I wasn't being coy or faceteous, I am sincerely excited to see the work, I only posted WHY I was excited. I didn't post any links to threads or anything else so I never thought it'd be a big deal. So yes, he is slinging mud for no reason .

#2546 6 years ago

Hope it is WCS since I recently sold mine and won't be tempted to spend any cash unnecessarily. Saving up my pinball mod money for when Baywatch is finished being colored instead.

#2547 6 years ago

The hints make me think the next colorized pin is ST. I think ColorDMD is referencing their own victory by developing and releasing such a highly anticipated title. Veni, vidi, vici.

#2548 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

yep I have pink dots with a CDMD in my GB

#2549 6 years ago

Right..... No multicolor support for spike yet. Believe me, I want there to be... GB is my only game without a colordmd. (except space Odyssey ). I can't wait for GB to come to life in color.

#2550 6 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Correct...sort of, but you'll need to buy the cables you need to install it from a 3rd party vendor.

I made an adapter. It was 2 wires and 2 connectors. Took 5 minutes

There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/51?hl=tres and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.