CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg
There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 103.
#2451 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

It's like the last code release for Star Trek. Vaporware until proven otherwise.
I may sound negative... and kinda am... It's just we've been waiting so long... I don't think we are ever going to see a Star Trek Update... much less a ColorDot upgrade.
I pop my head into this thread every once an a while... but never with the hopes that the hints will be Star trek related. I think the only way we'll see a ST ColorDMD hint... is if they've exhausted all other DMD options and there is no other games to do.

Man, that would be a shame, because ST has some awesome dot work.

Are we expecting another update from Stern for ST? I was assuming they were pretty well done at 1.61. I know I'm not close to seeing it all with my meager skills, I have made it to Kobayashi Maru a few times, but not even close to Enterprise Amok.

Keep the faith brother, we will have our day.

#2452 6 years ago

When 1.61 came out... It was reported that a final polish was in the works. But as we know, Stern has a piss poor track record.

I'm pretty sure it was a ploy to sell out their remaining runs.

#2453 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

When 1.61 came out... It was reported that a final polish was in the works. But as we know, Stern has a piss poor track record.

I like black hole award pops score 200,000 which does nothing lol

#2454 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Now Randy is just f...ing with the Star Trek fans. It's a wonder he doesn't try to work a star trek meme into every hint for here on out.

I can't imagine Randy teasing ST unless they are getting close with it.
Seeing what Randy has done in the past, I would not be surprised if he has been developing some additional coloring tools to get the more complicated DMD animations done for games that have been troublesome to color.

#2455 6 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Agreed. Thankfully though, the ColorDMD folks' track record is pretty strong. I think we'll see this eventually.

#2456 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Are we expecting another update from Stern for ST? I was assuming they were pretty well done at 1.61.

There is a major game breaking bug that only impacts the top players. I am pretty sure it will eventually get fixed, but super low priority. I would guess in a couple years, and no more than 5 Since KME was the person to uncover and reproduce the bug, hopefully he will have influence on getting it fixed. But I see things like this as "starter projects" for new hires. Or maybe an intern project.

#2457 6 years ago

I just saw this on Facebook and came here to see what everyone is saying. Randy is really having fun.

#2458 6 years ago

No annoucment yet? Game 65 here we go!

#2459 6 years ago

Not yet.

#2460 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I can't imagine Randy teasing ST unless they are getting close with it.
Seeing what Randy has done in the past, I would not be surprised if he has been developing some additional coloring tools to get the more complicated DMD animations done for games that have been troublesome to color.

Just messing with us, what a letdown. Dirty Harry it is.

#2462 6 years ago

"Go ahead... make our day."

#2463 6 years ago

p (resized).jpgp (resized).jpg

#2464 6 years ago

I really was hoping it was Star Trek.

#2465 6 years ago

Hooray and congrats, DH owners! It looks fantastic as always, Eric!

#2466 6 years ago

awesome!!!!!!!!!

#2467 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Just messing with us, what a letdown. Dirty Harry it is.

The clues were easier this time that it was going to be Dirty Harry. We did not even need a third clue to get it.
I was meaning I think ST is coming based on the 3rd clue being a tease since we could tell obviously the game was going to be Dirty Harry and tons of people have been begging for ST to be done.

#2468 6 years ago

Congrats to DH owners. Once again my money is safe.

#2469 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The clues were easier this time that it was going to be Dirty Harry. We did not even need a third clue to get it.

Did you miss the third clue? No problem, I saved it:
spockbird (resized).jpgspockbird (resized).jpg

I think Spock is saying Dirty Harry is #1.

2 weeks later
#2470 6 years ago

Randy stated "ColorDMD will be at Expo this year and we intend to preview at least one new title there!" on the Pinball Expo 2017 updates thread.

@epthegeek, another title of yours?

#2471 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Did you miss the third clue? No problem, I saved it:

I think Spock is saying Dirty Harry is #1.

Ahhh, the vulgar Vulcan.

#2472 6 years ago

Going to be a good show for ColorDMD.

#2473 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You know what else was a good show.... Star Trek. LOL, sorry, had to do it.

#2474 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I hope that means 3 titles being shown.

#2475 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I hope that means 3 titles being shown.

Why that number? Seems arbitrary. You know ColorDMD releases drop one at a time.

#2476 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Why that number? Seems arbitrary. You know ColorDMD releases drop one at a time.

spiderman and spiderman ve!

#2477 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Randy stated "ColorDMD will be at Expo this year and we intend to preview at least one new title there!"

At least 1 was stated by Randy. Since 3 is greater than 2, I like saying 3.

#2478 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

spiderman and spiderman ve!

That's a special case. We actually held the release of the original Spiderman until the VE was ready so as to avoid any possible friction with Stern by making the old game look better than the one currently selling (not that Stern ever said anything about it, just did things that way on the off chance that they would mind )

#2479 6 years ago

Only 8 Williams titles left. They've been on a roll with Williams lately.

Odds that those 8 will be cleared out before anything else is released?

#2480 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I would bet against it.

I think Randy likes to leave us all hanging...

#2481 6 years ago

yeah, I have the feeling that one or two of the stern titles will finally get completed before the B/W titles are closed out

#2482 6 years ago

It will be a significant milestone to close out the Bally/Williams titles. Something to be proud of.

That does leave an awful lot of Data East/Sega/Stern titles to keep them going for years.

I also have to think that they have ideas for something else down the road....a new revenue generator for existing customers....some kind of newer display that will make people want to upgrade. I'd be shocked if they haven't kicked some ideas around for how to stay in business after everything is colorized.

#2483 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

It will be a significant milestone to close out the Bally/Williams titles. Something to be proud of.
That does leave an awful lot of Data East/Sega/Stern titles to keep them going for years.
I also have to think that they have ideas for something else down the road....a new revenue generator for existing customers....some kind of newer display that will make people want to upgrade. I'd be shocked if they haven't kicked some ideas around for how to stay in business after everything is colorized.

Going the AFMr way of offering jumbo LCD screens with re-drawn, higher-res graphics would be awesome.

#2484 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Doubt it, they are sooner likely to colorize Orbitor than they are Who Dunnit.

#2485 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I hope Jackbot is coming soon but it was such a low production game it might be last of the 8.

#2486 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I hope Jackbot is coming soon but it was such a low production game it might be last of the 8.

Lower than Champion Pub? Congo? World Poker Tour? I don't think the size of the run absolutely determines the order.

And Jackbot would be nice to have in color.

#2487 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Well those HD displays would be a good way to go but then someone would have to completly redraw everything wouldn't they.

#2488 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well those HD displays would be a good way to go but then someone would have to completly redraw everything wouldn't they.

But it's one and done. An in a lot of cases, the elements on screen are moving and would only need to be drawn once, then moved for the next frame. Each frame would not need to be drawn from scratch.

I'm sure they could fetch a premium for high-res large format graphics (although that would require a new bezel, too) for older, popular B/W games.

#2489 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lower than Champion Pub? Congo? World Poker Tour? I don't think the size of the run absolutely determines the order.
And Jackbot would be nice to have in color.

2450 I think, how many for the other ones. I know the size of the run doesn't matter but there are so few JB's out there compared to those that the chances of owning a JB and coloring it are pretty slim.

#2490 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

2450 I think, how many for the other ones. I know the size of the run doesn't matter but there are so few JB's out there compared to those that the chances of owning a JB and coloring it are pretty slim.

Champion pub was just a few hundred over 1000, so probably 1/2 as much as Jackbot. Congo and WPT were less than JB.

#2491 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But it's one and done, and I'm sure they could fetch a premium for high-res large format graphics (although that would require a new bezel, too) for older, popular B/W games.

I thought the HD screen was the same size as a regular dmd.

#2492 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I thought the HD screen was the same size as a regular dmd.

In the case of AFMr, the screen on the SE and LE is about 40% bigger (wider/taller) than a regular dmd AND has re-drawn hi-res graphics. Looks fantastic.

#2493 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In the case of AFMr, the screen on the SE and LE is about 40% bigger (wider/taller) than a regular dmd AND has re-drawn hi-res graphics. Looks fantastic.

A year or two ago I thought someone showed a HD lcd screen that was the same size as a regular dmd. They said it had 4 or 8 times the rez or something like that.

#2494 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

A year or two ago I thought someone showed a HD lcd screen that was the same size as a regular dmd. They said it had 4 or 8 times the rez or something like that.

I'm sure they exist, but after seeing the oversized AFMr color ones, that's all I want on all my DMDs!

#2495 6 years ago

Slugfest !!! Come on color dmd

#2496 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I couldn't agree more...its a perfect size for pinball games.

#2497 6 years ago

Time for W?D. Still think Tony did it.

#2498 6 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Doubt it, they are sooner likely to colorize Orbitor than they are Who Dunnit.

They are drawn by a variety of contributors, many whom colorize games personal to them. It's clear Bally/Williams is the favorite. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the final 8 are completed within a year.

#2499 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

ColorDMD would definitely have to license the ROMS for that, then re-draw the dots at a higher bit rate. Same as MMR.

This could be one of the options they are considering for the future.

#2500 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

ColorDMD would definitely have to license the ROMS for that, then re-draw the dots at a higher bit rate. Same as MMR.
This could be one of the options they are considering for the future.

For original themes, would they? A LOT of Bally/Williams art for playfields, backglasses, etc was never registered.

There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/50 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.