CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg

There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 103.
#1751 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Clues have become extinct. It's Jurassic Park. Cool.

Now THAT'S a clever guess.

#1752 6 years ago

They are just frozen for a while - Yea Baby !!!! (Austin Powers)

#1753 6 years ago

stuck in amber like dinosaur DNA

VFW thread:

>>Quoted from cfh:
did anyone notice the color DMD on Jurassic Park? Perhaps get the "eat the goat" mode? a little bloody....

>>>Epthegeek: OMG, SPOILERS.

#1754 6 years ago

Maybe they don't have time to make any announcements because they are getting SLAMMED with orders.

It's Royal Rumble.

#1755 6 years ago

Who Dunnit please.....

#1756 6 years ago

SLUGFEST !!!

#1757 6 years ago

Complicated animations = takes longer

Takes longer = more time between releases

Clearly Stern Star Trek !!!

#1758 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Complicated animations = takes longer
Takes longer = more time between releases
Clearly ST !!!

ST....yeah baby....or Mustang.

#1759 6 years ago

Oops... did it again... meant Stern Star Trek of course. Why does pinside not have this abbreviation.

#1760 6 years ago

I can't spin the silence into WWF Royal Rumble... so I'm just going to say it.

WWF Royal Rumble.

Maybe someone is listening...

#1761 6 years ago

It's been as quiet as a ghost town.

Ghostbusters!

#1762 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

stuck in amber like dinosaur DNA
VFW thread:
>>Quoted from cfh:
did anyone notice the color DMD on Jurassic Park? Perhaps get the "eat the goat" mode? a little bloody....
>>>Epthegeek: OMG, SPOILERS.

Fingers crossed!!!!

#1763 6 years ago

I made a Junk Yard tutorial video that shows off the ColorDMD. Enjoy!

1 week later
#1764 6 years ago

Let the hints begin. Screenshot_2017-05-26-06-06-10 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-05-26-06-06-10 (resized).png

#1765 6 years ago

Cool! "Exciting new releases"?!

ST and Mustang must finally be arriving!!!

#1766 6 years ago

My guesses are JP, WCS94 and ST.

#1767 6 years ago

Ya'll are like the Apple faithful before a Steve Jobs press conference. Getting all whipped up about fantastic crap you hope will be announced, so that when that information is wrong, the let down is EVEN WORSE.

#1768 6 years ago

A color DMD for T2 would awesome!

#1769 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Ya'll are like the Apple faithful before a Steve Jobs press conference. Getting all whipped up about fantastic crap you hope will be announced, so that when that information is wrong, the let down is EVEN WORSE.

Oh, I don't expect the folding screen technology for a few years.

#1770 6 years ago

Official Spike support w/ accompanying titles would be nice
*cough* Game of Thrones *cough*

#1771 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Translation: Get ready for Rescue 911 or equivalent

woo hoo

#1772 6 years ago

Im putting money on Jurassic Park.

Seems to have been leaked at a recent pin event I attended.

#1773 6 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Im putting money on Jurassic Park.
Seems to have been leaked at a recent pin event I attended.

That wasn't what you think it was, actually.

#1774 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Also, the ColorDMD announcement says "releases" (note it is plural).

#1775 6 years ago

Surprise! Their delay between the last release and their announcement of upcoming "releases" can only mean one thing: They've completed the remaining 82 (made up number) games left to be colorized! Oh happy day!

#1776 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Also, the ColorDMD announcement says "releases" (note it is plural).

That part isn't wrong. It would only be wrong if they only released one more game ever.

#1777 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That part isn't wrong. It would only be wrong if they only released one more game ever.

Don't talk like that. I must have a full collection of games with a ColorDMD. I don't want to resort to that 'other ' less fulfilling display.

#1778 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Surprise! Their delay between the last release and their announcement of upcoming "releases" can only mean one thing: They've completed the remaining 82 (made up number) games left to be colorized! Oh happy day!

I believe 82 is correct plus half sized DMD games.

#1779 6 years ago

Have they done Pinball Magic yet?
Really would like that title, but dont think they have touched Capcom titles?

#1780 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Have they done Pinball Magic yet?
Really would like that title, but dont think they have touched Capcom titles?

Capcom currently "works" in sigma, if you figure out the mounting yourself -- but it's not officially supported. The signal isn't 100% correct (I think some of the brightness levels aren't shown correctly), and because of the mounting situation, they're not officially supported for installing at this time.

Several people have worked out ways to run a display, but no games are colored. Yet.

#1781 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Capcom currently "works" in sigma,

Thanks for quick response. I will look into it.
LED panel in blue for now maybe.

#1782 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Translation: Get ready for Rescue 911 or equivalent
woo hoo

Full ColorDMD support for Gottlieb games would be a big deal from a technical standpoint and would open a lot of possibilities.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Don't talk like that. I must have a full collection of games with a ColorDMD. I don't want to resort to that 'other ' less fulfilling display.

I'll never have a full collection of games with ColorDMD. I like EM's too much.

Quoted from DCFAN:

I believe 82 is correct plus half sized DMD games

Correct - 86 all together. Just a reminder to all that the current list of yet-to-be-colorized games is on post #1 of this topic.

#1783 6 years ago

I tried the LED display in Pinball Magic and I found that I liked the LCD better. Starwriter did a great job coming up with a LCD mounting solution that also got rid of the big metal MPU mounting bracket. He would be happy to send you the drawings if you go with the LCD. I am partial having my LCD set for yellow. Light purple works good too in this game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-sigma-display-in-bbb-unofficial#post-3304549

PM2 (resized).pngPM2 (resized).png

#1784 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Full ColorDMD support for Gottlieb games would be a big deal from a technical standpoint and would open a lot of possibilities.

I think heard that the SPIKE setting also works with Gottlieb games but also has the minor flickering just like SPIKE and Capcom games. To me, that is a small price to pay to get rid of the boring orange. I have been trying to get some time to test out a LED Sigma in Al's Garage Band. I'll make it a point to do this on my 10 day vacation that started today. I have a Stargate, but I haven't had the nerve yet to remove the red film off the speaker panel insert. Al's has a clear speaker panel insert so I'm good there.

Quoted from TopMoose:

I'll never have a full collection of games with ColorDMD.

I meant to say I wanted my full DMD collection in color.

#1785 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Im hoping to start getting DMD's for my EM row.

Custom Roms, custom animations, custom EVERYTHING!!

#1786 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

LED panel in blue for now maybe.

The LCD display colors seemed to get a better color match to the colors on the game than the LED display.

#1787 6 years ago

The LCD display colors seemed to get a better color match to the colors on the game than the LED display.

Palettes kind of have to be tuned for each display to really make the colors right. That's not really done. But, for example, I colored TFTC on an LED display and tuned the palette so the colors looked good for the LED because that's what I had. It probably doesn't look exactly as intended on the LCD because of that. Not that it would look BAD, just different.

#1788 6 years ago

Please be JP, please be JP. I am so tempted to order right away just because they haven't had stock in a while I hope they have lots.

#1789 6 years ago

I think heard that the SPIKE setting also works with Gottlieb games but also has the minor flickering just like SPIKE and Capcom games. To me, that is a small price to pay to get rid of the boring orange. I have been trying to get some time to test out a LED Sigma in Al's Garage Band. I'll make it a point to do this on my 10 day vacation that started today. I have a Stargate, but I haven't had the nerve yet to remove the red film off the speaker panel insert. Al's has a clear speaker panel insert so I'm good there.

I meant to say I wanted my full DMD collection in color.

Please report back on this, I have a Stargate that I would LOVE to put one in, even if only Sigma for now.

#1790 6 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Yes yes.

Now about that ST and Mustang ColorDMD code ...

#1791 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I am so tempted to order right away

Highly advisable. Then there's no worry of a sellout ;P

#1792 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Please report back on this, I have a Stargate that I would LOVE to put one in, even if only Sigma for now.

Are you thinking about going with LED or LCD? I have a spare LED display right now that I would be able to test with.

#1793 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I am so tempted to order right away

Quoted from epthegeek:

Highly advisable. Then there's no worry of a sellout ;P

100% agree. Whip out that credit card now.

#1794 6 years ago

Are you thinking about going with LED or LCD? I have a spare LED display right now that I would be able to test with.

I'd go with whatever they support, but in general I buy the LCD except in cases where I have to go LED (CV, Safecracker). I like the alternate pixel modes.

#1795 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Palettes kind of have to be tuned for each display to really make the colors right. That's not really done. But, for example, I colored TFTC on an LED display and tuned the palette so the colors looked good for the LED because that's what I had. It probably doesn't look exactly as intended on the LCD because of that. Not that it would look BAD, just different.

By the way - fantastic job on TFTC - the colors are perfect via the LED...some colordmd'd pins look anachronistic, but your TFTC looks like the pin came that way....

#1796 6 years ago

Here's a hot clue for the next ColorDMD release: It's one I didn't do.

#1797 6 years ago

Oh, hey look, there's an ACTUAL new hint:

Screen Shot 2017-05-27 at 1.41.29 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-05-27 at 1.41.29 PM (resized).png

#1798 6 years ago

YaY! Star Trek!!!

#1799 6 years ago

It's a gomez, how many left to do?

#1800 6 years ago

Corvette, NBA, Playboy?
Isn't that a bit too easy though?

There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.