CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg
There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 103.
#1451 7 years ago

... Or they could be trolling us and it's Lethal Weapon 3.

#1452 7 years ago

Lethal Weapon could be it while trolling the TWD/ST owners. That would suck

#1453 7 years ago

Every picture *did* have lethal weapons in them.

#1454 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's confirmed! LW3!

#1455 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

And there were three of them...

#1456 7 years ago

There were 3 Austin Powers movies. AP it is.

#1457 7 years ago

I sure wish someone colouring TFTC would PM and give me a timeline of when to expect it.

#1458 7 years ago

If it's TWD I'll be interested in how the colour works. I think the red works really well with TWD and of all the pinballs I own it's the one I'm not foaming at the mouth for colordmd, all the other machines that I own that take colordmd have it.

The clues are epic this time though good job

#1459 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

If it's TWD I'll be interested in how the colour works. I think the red works really well with TWD and of all the pinballs I own it's the one I'm not foaming at the mouth for colordmd, all the other machines that I own that take colordmd have it.

Buy one anyway & just set it to Sigma/red until you're ready for the onslaught of more colours.

#1460 7 years ago

Wow the walking dead color looks amazing....

#1461 7 years ago

Yes it does look good! Definitely going to buy. It had an option on their site for speaker shields and standoff screws. Totally optional or do I need those? First colordmd for me...

#1462 7 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

A lot of people said the same thing about BSD. Color is just better.

#1463 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Yes it does look good! Definitely going to buy. It had an option on their site for speaker shields and standoff screws. Totally optional or do I need those? First colordmd for me...

If you have the newer metal style backbox then you need the standoffs and clear shield.

#1464 7 years ago

Hooray! Congrats at long last, Walking Dead owners!

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 7.46.51 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-07 at 7.46.51 AM (resized).png

#1465 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Hooray! Congrats at long last, Walking Dead owners!

They are gonna sell a bunch of these, congrats TWD owners.

#1466 7 years ago

Are all TWD pro models the same? The speaker/dmd part is metal, so I'm assuming I need that extra kit.

#1467 7 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Are all TWD pro models the same? The speaker/dmd part is metal, so I'm assuming I need that extra kit.

Yep.

#1468 7 years ago

Congrats TWD owners. It looks great. Now onto AP!

#1469 7 years ago

I've just updated the yet-to-be-colorized list on post 1 and have a question for the group:

Does Sega Harley Davidson have different animations than Stern Harley Davidson? I've never played either, but know that they spanned the transition when Sega became Stern. Aren't they basically the same game?

#1470 7 years ago

ORDERED!!!!!

#1471 7 years ago

Nice work, Eric.

#1472 7 years ago

Question I have for the ColorDMD experts. I put a ColorDMD in my TWD game like a year ago or so and have had it in there since on just Sigma,does these new hardware specs and whatnot coming out affect what I'll be able to install on my existing one as it relates to Walking Dead, I don't have to buy a newer one do I? I'm hoping not cause that would really suck!

#1473 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Question I have for the ColorDMD experts. I put a ColorDMD in my TWD game like a year ago or so and have had it in there since on just Sigma,does these new hardware specs and whatnot coming out affect what I'll be able to install on my existing one as it relates to Walking Dead, I don't have to buy a newer one do I? I'm hoping not cause that would really suck!

TWD rom will work in all existing ColorDMD displays.

#1474 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I've just updated the yet-to-be-colorized list on post 1 and have a question for the group:
Does Sega Harley Davidson have different animations than Stern Harley Davidson? I've never played either, but know that they spanned the transition when Sega became Stern. Aren't they basically the same game?

Same game, can use the same roms. Not sure if they tweaked it for 2nd and 3rd editions.

#1475 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

TWD rom will work in all existing ColorDMD displays.

Might want to have a look at Eric's bio, specifically "Wisconcin's" area.

#1476 7 years ago

Video from TWD released and it looks great! Nice work!

#1477 7 years ago

i don't know if this has been posted before. i was wondering which model LCD/LED would be best for the 'smoothing' mode? also, how easy is it to set the dmd to smoothing vs dots? i'm considering ordering for TWD and MET. Also, my MET is a wood dmd board, not metal, does this matter?

thanks!

#1478 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i don't know if this has been posted before. i was wondering which model LCD/LED would be best for the 'smoothing' mode? also, how easy is it to set the dmd to smoothing vs dots? i'm considering ordering for TWD and MET. Also, my MET is a wood dmd board, not metal, does this matter?
thanks!

The LCD model is the only one with smoothing.
To change between the smoothed SCAN or HIRES to DOTSXL, etc. is just a matter of pressing the buttons on the user control buttons on the back of the display once you have it installed and the software loaded.

#1479 7 years ago

thanks!

Quoted from DCFAN:

The LCD model is the only one with smoothing.
To change between the smoothed SCAN or HIRES to DOTSXL, etc. is just a matter of pressing the buttons on the user control buttons on the back of the display once you have it installed and the software loaded.

This is correct. But if I may add a little.

The LED version can only give you "dots" because that is all they are. discrete dots. So they are dot matrix displays themselves, just with more than one color.

So yes, if you want any of the smoothing modes (scan, 8-Bit or Hi-Res) or also the larger dots (DotXL and Tile) you need the LCD.

The video looks like it was taken in DotsXL. My personal favorite for most games. In DotsXL the dots are larger so there is less white space between them, but they are still round.

The controls on the back of the ColorDMD consist of 4 buttons (and a USB port). Real easy to enter menu, up/down setting, Save and Exit.

#1480 7 years ago

i'm considering ordering for TWD and MET. Also, my MET is a wood dmd board, not metal, does this matter?

You should be ok with your MET, but with the metal dmd holder for TWD you need the additional kit available on their website. BTW the colordmd for MET is one of the best, simply amazing in color.

#1481 7 years ago

excellent, thank you DCFan, taxman, and Beeble!

#1482 7 years ago

Is there any possibility of putting the LCD version in a Safe Cracker, or only the LED display?

Hoping it's getting full color some day soon either way.

#1483 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Is there any possibility of putting the LCD version in a Safe Cracker, or only the LED display?
Hoping it's getting full color some day soon either way.

Safecracker would have to be LED only, due to space.

#1484 7 years ago

Okay, what's next? Game of Thrones?

#1485 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Eric's bio still has the typo in it on the FB page for walking dead:

"or rolling with Wisconcin's infamous "Ballers for Dollars" crew"

#1486 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That will not be a bad thing at all. At least it would be colorized.

#1487 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's the joke. Wheel of Fortune is probably Stern's most unfinished game that will never be completed. Sold like crap, has terrible resale value.

God I hope I can find a cheap WOF someday. I'd love one!

#1488 7 years ago

WOF is the only title in my collection without a ColorDMD option right now. Since the code is so unfinished it should be simple to do right

#1489 7 years ago

I predict that Wheel of Fortune will get colorized before any Gottlieb game.

#1490 7 years ago

If anybody wants to loan me a WOF, I'd do it. Kinda like that game.

#1491 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If anybody wants to loan me a WOF, I'd do it. Kinda like that game.

I'd lend you "Mustang" if you lived closer Great job on TWD

#1492 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

God I hope I can find a cheap WOF someday. I'd love one!

That's what I thought. Didn't last a year. Had a hard time unloading it for $2500.

#1493 7 years ago

SLUGFEST

#1494 7 years ago

Will ColorDMD officially support Gottlieb? If so, Stargate would be an AWESOME candidate.

#1495 7 years ago

Would love a Royal Rumble CDMD.

#1496 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Will ColorDMD officially support Gottlieb? If so, Stargate would be an AWESOME candidate.

Once there is an official Gottlieb Sigma kit, that will be your sign.

#1497 7 years ago

Come on T2 or WCS !!!!

#1498 7 years ago

As much as I like the idea of color for my T2, I just don't see that much in terms of graphics that would be colorized as there just isnt that much there. Am I wrong about this?

#1499 7 years ago
Quoted from gac:

As much as I like the idea of color for my T2, I just don't see that much in terms of graphics that would be colorized as there just isnt that much there. Am I wrong about this?

There aren't that many graphics, but I'd still put a ColorDMD in T2. I'm tempted to put a Sigma in just to get rid of the red dots (I'm using a red filter).

#1500 7 years ago

What would you use with a sigma if not red? I'm currently using a red filter also. Just curious.....

There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/30?hl=billpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.