Topic Stats

• 4,394 posts
  • 410 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by JustEverett
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 482 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200113-064944_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
color-dmd-hint (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 7.29.13 PM (resized).png
0D57BA5E-28A1-42D4-8C78-C7365E264654 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191220-023114_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
gottlieb short bus (resized).jpg
p (resized).jpg
2019-08-13 19_59_21-ColorDMD Pinball Displays - Home - Internet Explorer (resized).png
Hurricane (resized).png
284F9932-0003-4818-8C75-8FC6FAF19B24.jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 1.06.18 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 7.31.22 AM (resized).png
c-DMD_093  CSI- .jpg
Screenshot_20190701-055134_Facebook (resized).jpg
LAH ColorDMD (resized).jpg
20190620_192523 (resized).jpg

There are 4394 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 88.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nope. Said black and white sigma looks good for TZ but color would look cool also. TZ deserved the color treatment because it is a great game.
Tron is a layout rehash (twice over) with a much less inspired ruleset and crappy theme comepared to the previous iterations.
Tron is a waste of the time and effort of making it color, but for sure that title has tons of fans boys and they love to mod so it is a no brainer.

I was trying to see your side of things until you said the Tron ruleset was less inspired than the Congo ruleset. Then when you added "crappy theme" on top of that... well, sir, you are just crazy.

#102 3 years ago

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Tron is a layout rehash (twice over) with a much less inspired ruleset and crappy theme comepared to the previous iterations.
Tron is a waste of the time and effort of making it color, but for sure that title has tons of fans boys and they love to mod so it is a no brainer.

Dude...F you.

Totally worth the thread eject.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So it's a waste of effort, but lots of people like it and will buy it so it's not a waste of effort? Got it.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I was trying to see your side of things until you said the Tron ruleset was less inspired than the Congo ruleset. Then when you added "crappy theme" on top of that... well, sir, you are just crazy.

Well, it is pretty uninspired...

Tron = hit X shot X times to start x mode. Do all the modes for super fun mode time. Go chop more wood while trying to get to super fun mode time and get to it once in a blue moon while being bored with the other modes which are all chopping wood in nature. ohhh pretty el wires... purdy shiney things.

Congo = choose your own adventure of fun. What do you feel like doing today? Kill some greys, MAP your way to cool stuff, explore the mines, hit a wide aray of shots as you collect diamond and progress to other cool modes at the same time, how about a sweet volcano ramp, oh you like 4 different video modes, and some crazy hidden crap you will see years into owning the game... Yeah, I think we know which game is better

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So it's a waste of effort, but lots of people like it and will buy it so it's not a waste of effort? Got it.

yeah, the effort would be better spent on a cooler title if doing it for the sake of awesome pinball.

For the business decision, it seems people that own Tron also like to see how much crap they can put in the game so it is a no brainer for aftermarket sales.

#107 3 years ago

OK,I just got it!!! APOLLO 13!!! Cause Ralph is always gonna send Alice to the moon!!

#108 3 years ago

ONE of these days,O.din,4 our RBION!!!

#109 3 years ago

Well Whysnow I agree congo is a better game than tron.

But there are tons of others that won't agree.

also the film clips don't look as good colorized which is just my opinion. They look like censoring on TV, at least on IM. It's also not Colordmd's fault

But more games getting the colorDMD treatment the better.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Well Whysnow I agree congo is a better game than tron.
But there are tons of others that won't agree.
also the film clips don't look as good colorized which is just my opinion. They look like censoring on TV, at least on IM. It's also not Colordmd's fault
But more games getting the colorDMD treatment the better.

Until you see them you can't really say they don't look as good colorized. Just sayin As for me...

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, I think we know which game is better

I do know which is better - that's why I sold my Congo and still have my Tron. Tron is exciting to play - great theme, great callouts, great rules, buttery fast flow and the best music in a pinball game ever. Congo has a fun layout of course - but the music is crap, the theme is meh, Amy is lame, I'm not a fan of video modes and it doesn't have true "modes". It just wasn't exciting to play.

#112 3 years ago

Congo is a much better game for beginners, it's 10X easier than a poorly set up tron.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Well, it is pretty uninspired...
Tron = hit X shot X times to start x mode. Do all the modes for super fun mode time. Go chop more wood while trying to get to super fun mode time and get to it once in a blue moon while being bored with the other modes which are all chopping wood in nature. ohhh pretty el wires... purdy shiney things.
Congo = choose your own adventure of fun. What do you feel like doing today? Kill some greys, MAP your way to cool stuff, explore the mines, hit a wide aray of shots as you collect diamond and progress to other cool modes at the same time, how about a sweet volcano ramp, oh you like 4 different video modes, and some crazy hidden crap you will see years into owning the game... Yeah, I think we know which game is better

Well, I'm not exactly sure how you really feel about this comparison.......

I'm no fanboy, but TRON kicks the shit out of Congo...all good though...to each their own....

#114 3 years ago

Different stroks for different folks, but congo kills tron everyday. cOngo is so good the layput was copied by tron and they messed it up

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Different stroks for different folks, but congo kills tron everyday. cOngo is so good the layput was copied by tron and they messed it up

Too funny!!!...all good w me ( thumbs up because I enjoyed the post, not because I agreed... )

#116 3 years ago

So the real question is what was the better movie... Congo or Tron Legacy....

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So the real question is what was the better movie... Congo or Tron Legacy....

Last Action Hero

#118 3 years ago

Tron beoches, Tron

image_(resized).jpg

#119 3 years ago

th_(resized).jpg

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

th_(resized).jpg

You're the wind beneath my wings honey bunny

#121 3 years ago

Confirmed!

Congrats, Tron owners!

Screen_Shot_2016-02-17_at_8.37.26_AM_(resized).png

#122 3 years ago

The video is up!

1 week later
#123 3 years ago

A new clue went up recently on Facebook:

"He's so happy that ColorDMD will be back in stock soon and is announcing another title."

[photo of STTNG's Lt. Data laughing. I'm away from my computer and can't do a copy/paste right now. Little help?]

STTNG was done a while ago. Any ideas? Stern's Star Trek might be too obvious. Something robot-related like Transformers? Perhaps this is their way of saying that they're releasing the first DATA EAST title! Fingers crossed for Bullsie!

#125 3 years ago

Confirmed? If so, Hooray for GnR! It should be amazing.
But I was hoping for a little more mystery and suspense.

#126 3 years ago

How does that fit with today's clue?

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

You've never heard hulk hogan refer to his arms?

#128 3 years ago

Al Bundy call them that also.

Anyone remember Married With Children?

(but I think the expression started from the Popeye cartoon)

popeye-guns-loaded_(resized).png

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You've never heard hulk hogan refer to his arms?

Never watched it, so nope.

#130 3 years ago

You guys beat me to it - Hulk Hogan flexing = "guns". Can't wait to see what the clue will be for "roses."

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Hulk Hogan showing his biceps (in other words... guns).

So, Data East plus guns = GNR ?

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Hulk Hogan showing his biceps (in other words... guns).
So, Data East plus guns = GNR ?

Maybe. JP, LAH and LW3 are also gun-related DE pins, but GNR is a likely candidate.

#133 3 years ago

Data is pointing East, Hogan is a racist, GNR had issues with using a certain word in a song.

so it has to be GNR or am I overlooking it.

#134 3 years ago

Crossing my fingers it's GNR! iiii]; )'

#135 3 years ago

I was told about 2 months ago that gnr was in the works so it has to be. The clues all point to data east guns and roses too. Very cool.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I was told about 2 months ago that gnr was in the works so it has to be. The clues all point to data east guns and roses too. Very cool.

How did you hear about it 2 months ago? Got an inside source?

#138 3 years ago

Did you hear that POTC is next?

#139 3 years ago

Today's clue: two photos of Rose Byrne.

Data (East)
Guns
Roses

Seems pretty clear - Congrats GNR owners!

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Seems pretty clear

Holy understatement, Mr Brownstone.

#142 3 years ago

Are you doing an impersonation of a sloth?

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Are you doing an impersonation of a sloth?

Ha! I'm on vacation this week and checking in on my iPad whenever I can.

#144 3 years ago

The video looks sweet!

#145 3 years ago

Color looks great but the dots in general don't look great on a GnR. As it seems a popular pin I expected a little more.

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Color looks great but the dots in general don't look great on a GnR. As it seems a popular pin I expected a little more.

Color improves any game, but I think you're right - there's not a lot to work with on this one. Maybe the band portraits could have used some more shading. But they got the dark red color of the logo exactly right!

#147 3 years ago

Screen_Shot_2016-03-11_at_2.06.49_PM_(resized).png

#148 3 years ago

It's only a week since their last release and we're getting more hints! Of course the early hints are obscure, but I have two theories:

Batman
Cartman
Law man
... Spider-Man?

-or-

Batman
South Park
Dirty Harry

= B.S.D.

#149 3 years ago

It's obvious that these are all Family Guys.

#150 3 years ago

BSD would be amazing if true!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs
There are 4394 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 88.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside