CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg
There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 103.
#1201 7 years ago

Has to be Avatar. Pandora's box is in the "straight out of wooly" picture. Pandora is a "blue" moon in the movie avatar.

#1202 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

new hint, with text: STRAIGHT OUTTA WOOLY!
Hmm..Straight outta Compton = black people = NBA Fastbreak?

Whoa, boobs. Clearly it's Stern Playboy.

#1203 7 years ago

And with this clue, you can bank on it that it's Avatar. This pic is probably the most well known avatars here on Pinside of Aurich.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1204 7 years ago

Panthers are cats and they're bad this year. Gotta be Bad Cats.

#1205 7 years ago

It's The Walking Dead!

#1206 7 years ago

The Walking Dead, clues were too easy, just like the previous 50 times when it was Walking Dead

#1207 7 years ago

It took me about 15 seconds. I saw the clue and thought "why a photo of Aurich?" Then I realized, duh, it's his... Avatar! So is Aurich the colorist on this one or did they just pick a familiar face?

Congrats in advance, Avatar owners!

#1208 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

It took me about 15 seconds. I saw the clue and thought "why a photo of Aurich?" Then I realized, duh, it's his... Avatar! So is Aurich the colorist on this one or did they just pick a familiar face?

Oh man ....don't tell me I HAVE TO buy ANOTHER one.

#1209 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Then how does Avator fit in with the first and second clues?

#1210 7 years ago

Wait... the first two letters in "Aurich" are the same as in "Austin" AND they both have 6 letters. Just doesn't get any more obvious than that. Austin Powers for the win.

#1211 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

The first clue was a picture of the Blue Moon brewing company, and the planet in Avatar, Pandora, is the color blue. The second clue featured a picture of pandora's box on the WOOLY playfield.

#1212 7 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

The first clue was a picture of the Blue Moon brewing company, and the planet in Avatar, Pandora, is the color blue. The second clue featured a picture of pandora's box on the WOOLY playfield.

Got it, so The Walking Dead it is, wonder what is going to be after that.

#1213 7 years ago

In clue 2, it says PANDORA on the PF next to the targets..

#1214 7 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

In clue 2, it says PANDORA on the PF next to the targets..

Oh shoot ok so it's definitely Vacation America!

IMG_5211 (resized).JPGIMG_5211 (resized).JPG

#1215 7 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Wait... the first two letters in "Aurich" are the same as in "Austin" AND they both have 6 letters. Just doesn't get any more obvious than that. Austin Powers for the win.

apparently the two thumbs down voters never heard of

#1216 7 years ago
Quoted from gac:

apparently the two thumbs down voters never heard of

Or read about the proper usage of the penis pump

#1217 7 years ago

All I can confirm is I definitely didn't color this title.

#1218 7 years ago
Quoted from kst8cat:

I think Pandora in Avatar is a moon which better explains the first clue. Not sure though. It's been forever since I watched that movie.

#1219 7 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

All I can confirm is I definitely didn't color this title.

Did Randy license ur avatar?

#1220 7 years ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Did Randy license ur avatar?

Yes, he texted me this morning asking for it, and I sent a contract over.

#1221 7 years ago

Avatar was correct. This one was pretty easy as of the second and third clues IMO. Looks like this will be a nice one, very complicated and it was 3 years in the making!

#1222 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Avatar was correct. This one was pretty easy as of the second and third clues IMO. Looks like this will be a nice one, very complicated and it was 3 years in the making!

Now my LE will REALLY be bling'd out. Now for the critical choice LED or LCD.

#1223 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now my LE will REALLY be bling'd out. Now for the critical choice LED or LCD.

It's a lot of movie clips. Do those look better with any of the smoothing options?

#1224 7 years ago

Hah. Misreading for the win. Wrath of Olympus is three years in the making -- not Avatar ColorDMD.

#1225 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's a lot of movie clips. Do those look better with any of the smoothing options?

No - but they look great with Dots or DotsXL. They look great with LED displays, too. I put an LED in my Tron last nite. At first I wasn't feeling it - it was too dark ...but I bumped the contrast up from 5 to 7, and wow, it sings!!! The colors are super vivid and the video footage looks really awesome. Remember, dots are a style...that style looks better than trying fake it and take it away with smoothing. Smoothing just makes it look like blurry movie footage. Dots looks like stylized movie footage (and looks more like the movie IMO)

#1226 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Hah. Misreading for the win. Wrath of Olympus is three years in the making -- not Avatar ColorDMD.

Thanks for clarifying

#1227 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No - but they look great with Dots or DotsXL. They look great with LED displays, too. I put an LED in my Tron last nite. At first I wasn't feeling it - it was too dark ...but I bumped the contrast up from 5 to 7, and wow, it sings!!! The colors are super vivid and the video footage looks really awesome. Remember, dots are a style...that style looks better than trying fake it and take it away with smoothing. Smoothing just makes it look like blurry movie footage. Dots looks like stylized movie footage (and looks more like the movie IMO)

I have an LED in my T3 and really like it and am leaning that way for Avatar cuz in the movie the colors are so vivid and the LED would REALLY bring them out.

#1228 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have an LED in my T3 and really like it and am leaning that way for Avatar cuz in the movie the colors are so vivid and the LED would REALLY bring them out.

Yeah, I agree...the blues and reds are so stunning with the LED display...on Tron, the movie footage looks more drab on the LCD...but on the LED it really pops...the blues, oranges...they feel more like the movie on the LED. Perhaps that's due to the "true black" levels, and Tron has a lot of black backgrounds...so now the characters and colors pop even more.

#1229 7 years ago

Tron is the only ColorDMD I have installed that I would consider swapping over to LED.

#1230 7 years ago

Avatar video preview looks really good. I hope Randy can squeeze in another before the end of the year. 2016 has been a great year for ColorDMD releases.

#1231 7 years ago

I have one LED and probably 10 LCDs. The LED is in FGY. Meh.

#1232 7 years ago

I'm about to buy my first Colour DMD but can't decide on LCD or LED. The machines it will go into are TZ, CFTBL or STTNG.

Can anyone advise?

#1233 7 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

I'm about to buy my first Colour DMD but can't decide on LCD or LED. The machines it will go into are TZ, CFTBL or STTNG.
Can anyone advise?

http://www.colordmd.com/led.html

#1234 7 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Can anyone advise?

100% personal preference

#1235 7 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Can anyone advise?

If you don't want any features and you only like dots go with LED.
If you like the other features/modes go with LCD. In my opinion having the different modes is so much better thus making me not a fan of LED. Tile mode for example, it fills the screen much more than dots.

#1236 7 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Can anyone advise?

Technically, the same power adapter will also work with Scared Stiff, though the connector to get the power from will be different than TZ, CFTBL or STTNG.

I'm sure that helps your decision. haha

#1237 7 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Can anyone advise?

Maybe try a couple of each. If you're buying one and more later, get the LCD to try the different modes and if you find a game you prefer in dots, buy a LED later.

#1238 7 years ago

I hope Randy has another release coming before the end of an amazing year for ColorDMD.

#1239 7 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Can anyone advise?

I prefer the LCD because of the high rez mode

#1240 7 years ago

I bought a Met and I think Randy subconsciously planted the idea in my head that a Met without color was doing it a disservice. That bastard.

#1241 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I prefer the LCD because of the high rez mode

Same here.

#1242 7 years ago

I bought a Met and I think Randy subconsciously planted the idea in my head that a Met without color was doing it a disservice. That bastard.

He's not wrong. Metallica without a Colordmd is a damn crime.

#1243 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

He's not wrong. Metallica without a Colordmd is a damn crime.

Correction....any game without a ColorDMD is a crime and is boring!!

#1244 7 years ago

Colordmd at my house arcade get played the most and by guests. Black and white TV went out of style in the 70's. For instance, Gilligan's Island changed from B and W to color in season 3, see how much better it was??..Wink Wink...Randy..catching my drift..Ill loan you the machine if you need it.!

#1245 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Colordmd at my house arcade get played the most and by guests. Black and white TV went out of style in the 70's. For instance, Gilligan's Island changed from B and W to color in season 3, see how much better it was??..Wink Wink...Randy..catching my drift..Ill loan you the machine if you need it.!

BUT Black Rose never been in color and never been anything other than orange. Time to bring true color to Black Rose, Queen of the high seas!!

#1246 7 years ago

. Time to bring true color to Black Rose, Queen of the high seas!!

" Let's get him boys"

#1247 7 years ago

I want to see a Gottlieb colored!

#1248 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I want see everything get colored.

#1249 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I want see everything get colored.

Can't get any better than that!!

#1250 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Get on that, will ya?

There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.