pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 7.59.58 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 7.36.04 AM (resized).png
E6672D00-F8E8-4F14-BF13-076DB25B7ACA (resized).jpeg
color-dmd-hint (resized).png

There are 4,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 99.
#1001 5 years ago

I found my scores plummeted first as I was too busy watching the animations...... it's like there was nothing there before. So amazing of a job on this title! Props to the programmer of this conversion, well done!

#1002 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Will ColorDMD be having a Holiday sale?

There hasn't been any past history of any sale. Buy it Now!! Oops. wrong trademark.

#1003 5 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

I found my scores plummeted first as I was too busy watching the animations...... it's like there was nothing there before. So amazing of a job on this title! Props to the programmer of this conversion, well done!

Ditto!!!

#1004 5 years ago

Got color? Just installed my new LED ColorDMD. Can't say my scores will be improving with color.
POTC (resized).jpg

#1006 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Got color? Just installed my new LED ColorDMD. Can't say my scores will be improving with color.

The only ColorDMD I have a gripe with is PotC. They went crazy on the coloring choices. The Kracken green and bright blue is just too weird. There are other weird choices, too. An unusual miss, IMO, which is sad because easily 85% of it is solid.

#1007 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-aargh-game-36-be-ere
Post #34 is where the colorist talks about the colors he choose.

#1008 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-aargh-game-36-be-ere
Post #34 is where the colorist talks about the colors he choose.

Yeah, but green and bright blue Kraken is just nonsense. The Kraken plastics on the game are green and dark green, which would have been perfectly acceptable. There's creative license and then there's whatever you call a green and bright blue Kraken.

Like I said, PotC is the only Color DMD I've seen/owned that I have a problem with, mostly because it's so far out of bounds artistically. I'll definitely think twice about getting any others done by the same person.

All that said, Randy at colorDMD did tell me they would "take a look at making some adjustments In the future." and asked for a scan of the game plastics as a color guide. It couldn't hurt to email him if the Kraken coloring bugs you, too, to say you'd support a change to a more rational coloring scheme. His email is [email protected]. Maybe if he hears from enough customers, they'll "front burner" the change.

#1009 5 years ago

Oh, don't shoot the messenger.

#1010 5 years ago

new clue!
I'm going with BSD. "bats"

Capture (resized).JPG

#1011 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

new clue!

Has BatsMan been done yet?

#1013 5 years ago

negon's bat TWD

#1017 5 years ago

One more page before my self imposed whining guesses are allowed (doesn't look like a soccer ball anyway.... )

#1018 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

new clue!

Ill hope its "Lucille"!

#1019 5 years ago

Wishing World Cup Soccer would be colored already.

#1020 5 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Be nice to see Dirty Harry get done. Family Guy is definitely a welcome addition

I second it!

#1021 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Wishing World Cup Soccer would be colored already.

Likewise

#1022 5 years ago

TWD

images (resized).jpeg

#1023 5 years ago

Would love to see them tackle one of the big DMD Segas. Seems like the LCD is made for it.

GO BATMAN FOREVER!!!!!!

#1024 5 years ago

Wow an announcement and no MK6pin screaming for Family Guy
Christmas has come early!

#1025 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Let's hope it IS The Walking Dead so those folks stop guessing it every time a new clue comes up.

(It's probably not TWD. I like Sethman's BSD guess best because it's the type of lateral thinking that we've seen from ColorDMD in the past.)

#1026 5 years ago

That would be my guess also. They'd sell a million of them....oh the gore of it all.

#1027 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Ahh...good to be loved!!! I was merely whining for the masses..too funny..

#1028 5 years ago

I seem to recall at least one of the movies having bats. There is even shoot the bats mode in the game. Sigma locked and loaded. Please!!! I need color!! Sigma Stern IJ (resized).png

#1029 5 years ago

Hmmmmmm........................
After thinking it over really long....................................
Definitely.....................................

TWD

#1031 5 years ago

If it's TWD, i'm speculating it'll be Chroma only, opening up ST for imminent release too.

#1032 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

If it's TWD, i'm speculating it'll be Chroma only, opening up ST for imminent release too.

Personally, I don't see this release being TWD.

I'm curious. Why would you think that the TWD would only be available with the Chroma board? Family Guy was just released and there is firmware to run it on the original LCD ColorDMD as well as the new Chroma board.

#1033 5 years ago

Bats = Austin Powers. That was easy.

#1034 5 years ago

Bat rhymes with GAT - galactic away team shot = Star Trek

#1035 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Now THAT'S a stretch.

#1036 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Yes, but GAT also rhymes with SCAT so maybe it is Rescue 911.

#1037 5 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Yes, but GAT also rhymes with SCAT so maybe it is Rescue 911.

AND the initials G.A.T. rhyme with my initials, G.A.C. I want Austin Powers. There you have it... plain as the nose on your face. Austin Powers it is.

#1038 5 years ago

I'm with gac on this one. He has a solid point.

#1039 5 years ago

Man I need to spend like 4K in color DMDs to catch up. When I buy my next one (Christmas). I am going to have a tough time deciding which game to put it in.... Unless TWD or ST is released than it will be pretty easy.

#1040 5 years ago

I just got 2 more, one is going in family guy, the other in whatever the next game is AP or TWD.

#1041 5 years ago

Bats?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this be for Tales from the Crypt!

#1042 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Bats?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let this be for Tales from the Crypt!

Very respectable whining!!!...played that game some time back....a lot of fun!,,,

#1043 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Very respectable whining!!!...played that game some time back....a lot of fun!,,,

ColorDMD would be the ultimate mod for TFTC. Literally 30 minutes ago was drinking and staring at my TFTC that is fully disassembled, playfield on a rotisserie, and realized I want to keep it instead of selling as planned. Almost two years ago we traded our other modded TFTC for a BSD and this one has been in the workshop getting passed over for other projects.

#1044 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sometime ago .... Wow time flies when your playing your color DMD Family guy!

#1045 5 years ago

Like my buddy MK6pin .... Bring on the TFTC ....lol

image (resized).jpeg

#1046 5 years ago

New clue, wolf in sheep's clothing.

BSD

Capture (resized).PNG

#1047 5 years ago

Personally, I don't see this release being TWD.
I'm curious. Why would you think that the TWD would only be available with the Chroma board? Family Guy was just released and there is firmware to run it on the original LCD ColorDMD as well as the new Chroma board.

I'd agree, not TWD this time.

Just as SM needed the extra memory in the v1.3B board, i'm speculating the Chroma board has increased resources (processing & memory) available over the v1.3 boards, which may be an enabler to getting TWD and ST working - they're both quite complex, TWD more so. Sometimes i feel like the TWD dots have been created specifically to fox the ColorDMD coding folks! All opinion and speculation, but TWD is my only game remaining without an Color DMD, so i'm naturally very interested in any progress.

#1048 5 years ago

I'd agree, not TWD this time.

but..but.. its the same scheme. and.."the sheep has guts, and their (almost) hanging out!!"

dont open (resized).jpg

#1049 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

but..but.. its the same scheme. and.."the sheep has guts, and their (almost) hanging out!!"

managing my own expectations!

#1050 5 years ago

managing my own expectations!

But showing bats and a wolf seems too straightforward for ColorDMD.. have they started losing their smartass grip on clues? :O

There are 4,944 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 99.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside