CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg
There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 103.
#551 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

The physical size of the LCD is too tall to fit. The LED display coming out will be able to fit so you will only have colored DOTS once those particular games are colorized.

Data East games have to be modded to accommodate the LCD. This can't be done with the showcase?

#552 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

This can't be done with the showcase?

Nope. The DMD barely fits height-wise.

#553 7 years ago

DMD sits very far forward in the Sega showcase machines.Sega_DMD_showcase_(resized).pngSega_DMD_showcase_(resized).png

#554 7 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Cirqus???
YES!!!!!

I have three games left to color. CV TAF NGG. Cirqus is the easy choice to do first.Bring it on!

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

When the ColorDMD LED display is ready for sales, will we see several games get released with color around the same time that are not capable of fitting a ColorDMD LCD?

Dumb question alert. Will the Color DMD LED still be compatible with the catalogue of existing games?

Color DMD is awesome, and my only minor complaint is that's it not very bright. An LED monitor compatible with existing games would have my money right away.

#556 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Dumb question alert. Will the Color DMD LED still be compatible with the catalogue of existing games?
Color DMD is awesome, and my only minor complaint is that's it not very bright. An LED monitor compatible with existing games would have my money right away.

From what I've heard it's supposed to be. I guess we will see soon.

#557 7 years ago

Release Family Guy or deal with the consequences.

stewie_(resized).jpgstewie_(resized).jpg

#558 7 years ago

One of these displays is not like the others, which one is different do you know, can you tell which thing is not like the others, I will tell you if it so.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#559 7 years ago

If it really is CV, following on from RCT, then the ColorDMD [hard] clue solving fun has definitely come to an end. Both far too obvious!

#560 7 years ago

There was a color LCD in CV at Cal extreme. Looks amazing! Makes the game and makes me want a Circus Voltaire.

#561 7 years ago

Someone on here routered out a slot in a Sega showcase for the LCD to stick up through, to install a SmartDMD or DMD Extender. Not really the mod for the average guy, but it is possible.

#562 7 years ago

Do you have any LCD ColorDMD's?

No, I've been waiting for the LED.

#563 7 years ago

Ok. Hint #2 from earlier today. Would be a fantastic debut having 2 releases at once.
Can you say R-G-B ?

RGB_(resized).pngRGB_(resized).png

#565 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

They will be, but may not be right out of the gate. We'll see what is announced about that soon enough. I'm betting it will be Monday.

#566 7 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

One of these displays is not like the others, which one is different do you know, can you tell which thing is not like the others, I will tell you if it so.

Ok...I'm resorting to begging now....PLEASE let FGY be next!!!

#567 7 years ago

Ok. Hint #2 from earlier today. Would be a fantastic debut having 2 releases at once.
Can you say R-G-B ?

I guess FGY again......squeaky wheel approach....

#568 7 years ago

Here it comes!! I see the store is changing for the LED displays!!

#569 7 years ago

Untitled_(resized).jpgUntitled_(resized).jpg

#570 7 years ago

I AM drooling here ................

#571 7 years ago

$369

#572 7 years ago

It's here it's here! And $30 cheaper than an LCD! Looks like it supports G&R and Tommy at the moment - no sign of CV just yet.

Now I can't wait for the "should I get LCD or LED?" posts and the angry arguments that follow.

Screen_Shot_2016-08-01_at_11.44.14_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-08-01_at_11.44.14_AM_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-08-01_at_11.45.11_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-08-01_at_11.45.11_AM_(resized).png

#573 7 years ago

Definitely a no brainer if it supports past games. Hopefully we'll see an update.

#574 7 years ago

So do i understand correctly....LED can NOT do hires or scan modes?

#575 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That is correct. Dots only (DOTSXL also will not be supported) since the LED DMD is a matrix of single RGB LEDs.

#576 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

...or tile, or 8 bit, or different sized dots. It's just a bunch of multicolor LEDs, so the dot size and shape is fixed.

#577 7 years ago

I definitely still prefer the ColorDMD LCD, but this is a great option to modernize games where the ColorDMD LCD will not fit.

#578 7 years ago

That is correct. Dots only (DOTSXL also will not be supported) since the LED DMD is a matrix of single RGB LEDs.

Then yes, a no brainer for me....I love scan mode, so I'll stick w the current offering......

#579 7 years ago

Party Zone and Gilligan's here we come!!!

#580 7 years ago

The dots are much brighter on the LED screens. It more properly mimics the look of a DMD, only with multi-color.

People need to see them in person to judge.

As a person who would leave the LCD set to dots anyway, this is a viable alternative.

#581 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Then yes, a no brainer for me....I love scan mode, so I'll stick w the current offering......

I'll be sticking with LCD displays as long as the games I want color for will fit without much hassle of hardware modification. I love the HiRes setting.

I have no choice with Black Rose, Slugfest and Rocky and Bullwinkle to go with the LED because of height issues. But that is ok since the games will get color.

#582 7 years ago

If you only care about colored DOTS, then LED is the way to go.

#583 7 years ago

I saw this on a CV at pin a go go the colors were crazy bright,

It's makes CV look incredible, the game itself has gorgeous colors this just makes it that much bethere

When can I order ????

#584 7 years ago

If you only care about colored DOTS, then LED is the way to go.

Does the LED display allow for user controlled brightness? If not then I could see that being another reason to go with LCD.
I have seen blue XPIN LED displays that were so bright and harsh I could not comfortably play the game.

#585 7 years ago

Slugfest !!!!

#586 7 years ago

Come color dmd ! Slugfest would look great, American flag , red white & blue !!!

#587 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Does the LED display allow for user controlled brightness? If not then I could see that being another reason to go with LCD.
I have seen blue XPIN LED displays that were so bright and harsh I could not comfortably play the game.

That's assuming ColorDMD sets them too bright.

#588 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I saw this on a CV at pin a go go the colors were crazy bright,
It's makes CV look incredible, the game itself has gorgeous colors this just makes it that much be there
When can I order ????

I played that game a bunch while at pin a go go. Looked soooo nice.

#589 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Come color dmd ! Slugfest would look great, American flag , red white & blue !!!

oh you want some of this do ya?Slugfest_1_(resized).pngSlugfest_1_(resized).pngSlugfest_2_(resized).pngSlugfest_2_(resized).pngSlugfest_4_(resized).pngSlugfest_4_(resized).pngSlugfest_3_(resized).pngSlugfest_3_(resized).png

#591 7 years ago

Wha?! Dropping new titles without fanfare? I hope they haven't given up on teasing us with clues.

#592 7 years ago

T3 clue was the 3 RGB tees or tees x 3 Get it?

#593 7 years ago

smokin_(resized).jpgsmokin_(resized).jpg

#594 7 years ago

T3 clue was the 3 RGB tees or tees x 3 Get it?

Wow. I did not.

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Wow. I did not.

Posted half way up this page. I copied it from their FB page.

#596 7 years ago

Posted half way up this page. I copied it from their FB page.

Yeah I saw the pic but I didn't get the reference to T3. I thought it was just a hint to the LED panels.

1 week later
#597 7 years ago

New clue!

This time it's The Greatest.
Just to remind the class, the famous "Rumble in the Jungle" of 1974 took place in Zaire, formerly known as...

Screen_Shot_2016-08-15_at_8.47.01_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-08-15_at_8.47.01_AM_(resized).png

#598 7 years ago

Champions pub?

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Champions pub?

really_snl_0_1458835236_(resized).jpgreally_snl_0_1458835236_(resized).jpg

There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/12?hl=starwriter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.