CCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg
09177252-89B6-4998-A1E8-979F6A9153C0 (resized).jpeg
20200426_124722 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_124802 - Copy (resized).jpg
20200426_131522 - Copy (resized).jpg
95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg
There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 103.
#5051 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Verify the Red stripe on the large ribbon cable is in the correct orientation.

This should be correct I believe. What do you think?

6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpeg6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpegCCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpegCCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
#5052 2 years ago

I'd double check that white ribbon cable to the left of the big one. Make sure its seated in the holder all the way.

#5053 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I'd double check that white ribbon cable to the left of the big one. Make sure its seated in the holder all the way.

I will check it. Pretty sure it’s seated though
because if it wasn’t I don’t think I would get any display from the DMD menu.

#5054 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I'm sure Randy or someone with a little more knowledge will chime in. There's also a troubleshooting guide on ColorDMDs site.

#5055 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

This is right - the connection from the little board to the LCD is good if the menu works. If you get no game video it has to be the cable between the CPU and the little board.

#5056 2 years ago

I appreciate all the help. I will plug in the old display just to check the cable as the old display was working. I will get a new cable if needed and check with Randy for other ideas. I have gone through the trouble shooting guide. I am sure this will get fixed so not too worried.

Thanks!

#5057 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Only issue is when you open the door, it kills the power. That’s how I hooked it up. Cannot wait for the ROM.

Just ordered color LED earlier today. Does this mean whenever coin door is opened the interlock switch needs to be pulled to have DMD display anything when going into menus etc...?

#5058 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I appreciate all the help. I will plug in the old display just to check the cable as the old display was working. I will get a new cable if needed and check with Randy for other ideas. I have gone through the trouble shooting guide. I am sure this will get fixed so not too worried.
Thanks!

Just tried downloading and installing the file from the site on our test game here. That worked fine so the file is OK.

Was video working on your display with the factory SIGMA ROM? If so, the most likely cause for your issue is an incomplete file download or install. File size for the CHROMA.ROM download should be 15,232KB. KISS is a large file and takes a few minutes to install. If the installation ended prematurely (or the file download was incomplete/corrupt) it will show the correct ROM file in COLORDMD INFO but will not work properly (and could result in no video).

I’d recommend trying a fresh download and installation using a name brand drive (Lexar, SanDisk, etc) that’s 32GB or less.

If that doesn’t solve the problem, try downloading and installing the SIGMA ROM and make sure that still works. Check to make sure you're still getting video with the factory display.

----

PS. If the coin door opens during file installation, it will cut power to the display and prematurely end the installation. Make sure the coin door remains closed during install.

#5059 2 years ago

Will try a different stick to load the firmware and report back later tonight….won’t get to this until I get home from work. Hopefully will have good news tonight!

#5060 2 years ago

Thanks again for doing this one!

Here is a few hires.

IMG_9391 2 (resized).jpegIMG_9391 2 (resized).jpegIMG_9395 (resized).jpegIMG_9395 (resized).jpeg
#5061 2 years ago

Finally....time tonight to dowload and install....major excitement!!!!

#5062 2 years ago

What is he licking up

#5063 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:What is he licking up

Hahaha, gross

#5064 2 years ago

OK..so I loaded the firmware again and this update looks like it is good. Went into the menu then exit….the display came up with Heaven’s on Fire Champion in white but it was static…thinking the ribbon cable may be the issue…I reseated the ribbon cable on the Spike board and I got a color animation up but it was static and not moving. Reseated both the connector several more times and it’s random if I get a static color animation on the display or some garbage. No matter what I do all I get is a static animation on the display and not a moving one. I have never had a bad ribbon cable before but I suppose it happens. Is there anything else I should check out?

#5065 2 years ago

Smooth load, looks amazing!! Huge thanks to Randy and team to finally bring this amazing title to life with a true "must have" mod.

The Pinball universe is now spinning on axis again. Really do appreciate everyone that put the time and effort into this...THANK YOU!!!!

Will spend quality time on the game this weekend to enjoy the show!! ......mark

#5066 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

OK..so I loaded the firmware again and this update looks like it is good. Went into the menu then exit….the display came up with Heaven’s on Fire Champion in white but it was static…thinking the ribbon cable may be the issue…I reseated the ribbon cable on the Spike board and I got a color animation up but it was static and not moving. Reseated both the connector several more times and it’s random if I get a static color animation on the display or some garbage. No matter what I do all I get is a static animation on the display and not a moving one. I have never had a bad ribbon cable before but I suppose it happens. Is there anything else I should check out?

Still seems strange. Try installing the SIGMA ROM. If that works it’s not the cable.

#5067 2 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Still seems strange. Try installing the SIGMA ROM. If that works it’s not the cable.

Ok..I had more time this evening. I put the original Stern display back in and it works so the cable is good. Reinstalled the ColorDMD and powered on the game and as before nothing in the display. I pressed the menu button and the menu came up. As you suggested I went and tried to load the Sigma ROM. The update looked like it was working but after about 15 min it never went to done. Now the menu screen won’t come up. Any ideas? Appreciate the help!

#5068 2 years ago

If the PROG LED is blinking, it’s an error code. Repeated single blink means a file with the exact name CHROMA.ROM was not found. Make sure there are no extra characters in the file name (ex CHROMA(1).ROM).

If you send an email to [email protected] I can help you get it going.

#5069 2 years ago

Just wanted to follow up and give a BIG thanks to Randy at Color DMD…I just want to echo what many have said before but they are one of the few companies that stand behind their product and provide excellent customer service.

As far as the problem we are not sure what caused it. The ribbon cable is good and not the issue. Randy had me go through a series of steps and determined the problem was on the board for the display. New board is installed and it works perfect!

The color animations look awesome!!!

#5070 2 years ago

Another huge thank you to Randy and team for doing such a great job ( and putting up w my whining while I waited, lol).

Definitely fits this game so well.....played a bunch last night and the screen now looks as it should. COLOR!!! ( dots xl on this one for me big time)

Well worth the wait!!!

3 weeks later
#5071 1 year ago

So, whats left?

#5072 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

So, whats left?

The first post on page one has the list of what’s left…28 games I believe left to get the color treatment. It gets updated with every release.

#5073 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

So, whats left?

Big Hurt. Let's go.

1 week later
#5074 1 year ago

The Rolling Stones sold some games. I would think many want it colorized.

#5075 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

I want it colorized!

1 month later
#5076 1 year ago

Mystery castle dmd color is really on the way ?
Cant wait

#5077 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I want it colorized!

me too

#5078 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

me too

#5079 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Mystery castle dmd color is really on the way ?
Cant wait

Based on what?

#5080 1 year ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Am I really the first person to comment on the image recently posted to Color DMD's Facebook page? Wow.
Yes, it's a week away from the Super Bowl, so they could just be celebrating the big game, but they do have a habit of dropping hints to their next release.
NFL?
Apollo 13?
Twilight (end)Zone?
Let the speculation begin!
[quoted image]
List of yet-to-be-colorized games, updated 4/1/2022
STERN (8 games)
Harley Davidson; Heavy Metal; NBA; NFL; Sharkey's Shootout; Striker Extreme; The Rolling Stones; Wrestle-mania
SEGA (3 games)
Harley Davidson; The X-files; Viper Night Drivin'
CAPCOM (2 games)
Airborne, Flipper Football
ALVIN G (3 games)
Al's Garage Band goes on a World Tour; Mystery Castle; Pistol Poker
PREMIER/GOTTLIEB (11 games)
Barb Wire; Frank Thomas' Big Hurt; FREDDY, Nightmare on Elm Street; Mario Andretti; Rescue 911; Shaq Attack; Street Fighter II; Super Mario Bros.; Tee'd Off; Waterworld; World Challenge Soccer
SPOOKY (1 Game):
America's Most Haunted
117 games colorized, 28 games to go!

Based on the fist post update...

#5081 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Based on the fist post update...

It was always on the list to do. I was hoping you saw a hint at the next release.

Any DMD game will have a chance to get done as long as someone is willing to colorize it.

3 months later
#5082 1 year ago

Can we get some Rolling F’ing Stones!

#5083 1 year ago

I think everyone gave up? No news for a long time. I guess anyone who knows how to color these games isn't passionate enough about the remaining uncolored titles to bother with them.

#5084 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I think everyone gave up? No news for a long time. I guess anyone who knows how to color these games isn't passionate enough about the remaining uncolored titles to bother with them.

I'm still passionate about it

#5085 1 year ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

I'm still passionate about it

I know personally you did a lot of work on Maverick! I know you have worked on several other games as well. We appreciate it!

#5086 1 year ago

Was Kiss the last title? The Rolling Stones would be cool. But heck every title is pretty cool.

#5087 1 year ago

Have to get Stones done. Please!

#5088 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I know personally you did a lot of work on Maverick! I know you have worked on several other games as well. We appreciate it!

And I appreciated the help in tracking down those missed frames in Maverick!!

#5089 1 year ago
Quoted from nerbflong:

And I appreciated the help in tracking down those missed frames in Maverick!!

It was my 1st pin and one of my all time favorites so I appreciate you making it perfect!

#5090 1 year ago

I was about to borrow a RS to work on it and the guy who owned it moved. Womp womp. (Maybe somebody else is working on it by now, I’m not up to date on things).

#5091 1 year ago

If KISS can get colored ANY dmd title can get colored.

#5092 1 year ago

Stones has some cool dots that would definitely be awesome to have colorized.

2 weeks later
#5094 1 year ago

Wow, that's great news! I'm very excited about this. One of my favorite games! Happy it got done.

1 week later
#5095 1 year ago

Any rumors of NFL from stern will make it to color anytime soon?

#5096 1 year ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

Any rumors of NFL from stern will make it to color anytime soon?

Zero rumors, but it could happen just as any other game can that hasn't been done yet.

#5097 1 year ago

A rumor has to start somewhere, why not here? I heard that Stern NFL may be colorized soon.

#5098 1 year ago

Any chance of WWE getting done? Would love it in my LE. Fingers crossed.

#5099 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

Any chance of WWE getting done? Would love it in my LE. Fingers crossed.

Since it has a DMD, it shall get done. Time frame??? Who knows.

1 month later
#5100 1 year ago

Looks like you can take Waterworld off the list....

There are 5,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 103.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-hint/page/102?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.