95CA7F01-71E2-414C-A673-62F4DA8FFBA7.jpeg
2B9DFEFF-CB61-4E50-894D-CBF498288786.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-04-01 at 6.11.23 AM (resized).png
April 1 (resized).png
SI SI (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 12.03.10 PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20211221-140645_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

There are 5,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 102.
#5051 4 months ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Verify the Red stripe on the large ribbon cable is in the correct orientation.

This should be correct I believe. What do you think?

6B369A0B-83D4-465D-B1E9-45E9C42AC611 (resized).jpegCCC4C131-2F30-4BF2-9BEE-569B32098D9C (resized).jpeg
#5052 4 months ago

I'd double check that white ribbon cable to the left of the big one. Make sure its seated in the holder all the way.

#5053 4 months ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I'd double check that white ribbon cable to the left of the big one. Make sure its seated in the holder all the way.

I will check it. Pretty sure it’s seated though
because if it wasn’t I don’t think I would get any display from the DMD menu.

#5054 4 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I'm sure Randy or someone with a little more knowledge will chime in. There's also a troubleshooting guide on ColorDMDs site.

#5055 4 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

This is right - the connection from the little board to the LCD is good if the menu works. If you get no game video it has to be the cable between the CPU and the little board.

#5056 4 months ago

I appreciate all the help. I will plug in the old display just to check the cable as the old display was working. I will get a new cable if needed and check with Randy for other ideas. I have gone through the trouble shooting guide. I am sure this will get fixed so not too worried.

Thanks!

#5057 4 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

Only issue is when you open the door, it kills the power. That’s how I hooked it up. Cannot wait for the ROM.

Just ordered color LED earlier today. Does this mean whenever coin door is opened the interlock switch needs to be pulled to have DMD display anything when going into menus etc...?

#5058 4 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I appreciate all the help. I will plug in the old display just to check the cable as the old display was working. I will get a new cable if needed and check with Randy for other ideas. I have gone through the trouble shooting guide. I am sure this will get fixed so not too worried.
Thanks!

Just tried downloading and installing the file from the site on our test game here. That worked fine so the file is OK.

Was video working on your display with the factory SIGMA ROM? If so, the most likely cause for your issue is an incomplete file download or install. File size for the CHROMA.ROM download should be 15,232KB. KISS is a large file and takes a few minutes to install. If the installation ended prematurely (or the file download was incomplete/corrupt) it will show the correct ROM file in COLORDMD INFO but will not work properly (and could result in no video).

I’d recommend trying a fresh download and installation using a name brand drive (Lexar, SanDisk, etc) that’s 32GB or less.

If that doesn’t solve the problem, try downloading and installing the SIGMA ROM and make sure that still works. Check to make sure you're still getting video with the factory display.

----

PS. If the coin door opens during file installation, it will cut power to the display and prematurely end the installation. Make sure the coin door remains closed during install.

#5059 4 months ago

Will try a different stick to load the firmware and report back later tonight….won’t get to this until I get home from work. Hopefully will have good news tonight!

#5060 4 months ago

Thanks again for doing this one!

Here is a few hires.

IMG_9391 2 (resized).jpegIMG_9395 (resized).jpeg
#5061 4 months ago

Finally....time tonight to dowload and install....major excitement!!!!

#5062 4 months ago

What is he licking up

#5063 4 months ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:What is he licking up

Hahaha, gross

#5064 4 months ago

OK..so I loaded the firmware again and this update looks like it is good. Went into the menu then exit….the display came up with Heaven’s on Fire Champion in white but it was static…thinking the ribbon cable may be the issue…I reseated the ribbon cable on the Spike board and I got a color animation up but it was static and not moving. Reseated both the connector several more times and it’s random if I get a static color animation on the display or some garbage. No matter what I do all I get is a static animation on the display and not a moving one. I have never had a bad ribbon cable before but I suppose it happens. Is there anything else I should check out?

#5065 4 months ago

Smooth load, looks amazing!! Huge thanks to Randy and team to finally bring this amazing title to life with a true "must have" mod.

The Pinball universe is now spinning on axis again. Really do appreciate everyone that put the time and effort into this...THANK YOU!!!!

Will spend quality time on the game this weekend to enjoy the show!! ......mark

#5066 4 months ago
Quoted from Pickle:

OK..so I loaded the firmware again and this update looks like it is good. Went into the menu then exit….the display came up with Heaven’s on Fire Champion in white but it was static…thinking the ribbon cable may be the issue…I reseated the ribbon cable on the Spike board and I got a color animation up but it was static and not moving. Reseated both the connector several more times and it’s random if I get a static color animation on the display or some garbage. No matter what I do all I get is a static animation on the display and not a moving one. I have never had a bad ribbon cable before but I suppose it happens. Is there anything else I should check out?

Still seems strange. Try installing the SIGMA ROM. If that works it’s not the cable.

#5067 4 months ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Still seems strange. Try installing the SIGMA ROM. If that works it’s not the cable.

Ok..I had more time this evening. I put the original Stern display back in and it works so the cable is good. Reinstalled the ColorDMD and powered on the game and as before nothing in the display. I pressed the menu button and the menu came up. As you suggested I went and tried to load the Sigma ROM. The update looked like it was working but after about 15 min it never went to done. Now the menu screen won’t come up. Any ideas? Appreciate the help!

#5068 4 months ago

If the PROG LED is blinking, it’s an error code. Repeated single blink means a file with the exact name CHROMA.ROM was not found. Make sure there are no extra characters in the file name (ex CHROMA(1).ROM).

If you send an email to [email protected] I can help you get it going.

#5069 3 months ago

Just wanted to follow up and give a BIG thanks to Randy at Color DMD…I just want to echo what many have said before but they are one of the few companies that stand behind their product and provide excellent customer service.

As far as the problem we are not sure what caused it. The ribbon cable is good and not the issue. Randy had me go through a series of steps and determined the problem was on the board for the display. New board is installed and it works perfect!

The color animations look awesome!!!

#5070 3 months ago

Another huge thank you to Randy and team for doing such a great job ( and putting up w my whining while I waited, lol).

Definitely fits this game so well.....played a bunch last night and the screen now looks as it should. COLOR!!! ( dots xl on this one for me big time)

Well worth the wait!!!

3 weeks later
#5071 87 days ago

So, whats left?

#5072 87 days ago
Quoted from hank527:

So, whats left?

The first post on page one has the list of what’s left…28 games I believe left to get the color treatment. It gets updated with every release.

1 week later
#5074 72 days ago

The Rolling Stones sold some games. I would think many want it colorized.

#5075 72 days ago
Quoted from hank527:

I want it colorized!

1 month later
#5076 22 days ago

Mystery castle dmd color is really on the way ?
Cant wait

#5077 22 days ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I want it colorized!

me too

#5078 22 days ago
Quoted from hank527:

me too

#5079 22 days ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Mystery castle dmd color is really on the way ?
Cant wait

Based on what?

#5080 21 days ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Am I really the first person to comment on the image recently posted to Color DMD's Facebook page? Wow.
Yes, it's a week away from the Super Bowl, so they could just be celebrating the big game, but they do have a habit of dropping hints to their next release.
NFL?
Apollo 13?
Twilight (end)Zone?
Let the speculation begin!
[quoted image]
List of yet-to-be-colorized games, updated 4/1/2022
STERN (8 games)
Harley Davidson; Heavy Metal; NBA; NFL; Sharkey's Shootout; Striker Extreme; The Rolling Stones; Wrestle-mania
SEGA (3 games)
Harley Davidson; The X-files; Viper Night Drivin'
CAPCOM (2 games)
Airborne, Flipper Football
ALVIN G (3 games)
Al's Garage Band goes on a World Tour; Mystery Castle; Pistol Poker
PREMIER/GOTTLIEB (11 games)
Barb Wire; Frank Thomas' Big Hurt; FREDDY, Nightmare on Elm Street; Mario Andretti; Rescue 911; Shaq Attack; Street Fighter II; Super Mario Bros.; Tee'd Off; Waterworld; World Challenge Soccer
SPOOKY (1 Game):
America's Most Haunted
117 games colorized, 28 games to go!

Based on the fist post update...

#5081 21 days ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Based on the fist post update...

It was always on the list to do. I was hoping you saw a hint at the next release.

Any DMD game will have a chance to get done as long as someone is willing to colorize it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blackwood, NJ
$ 133.00
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
$ 16.00
There are 5,081 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 102.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!