Twister 5 (resized).png
Twister 3 (resized).png
Twister 2 (resized).png
Twister 1 (resized).png
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Curious if anyone is aware of a color DMD alternative for Sega games? Thought it would look nice in my Goldeneye and Apollo 13. I did some research but came up empty.

#2 6 years ago

Apollo 13
http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-apollo-13-pinball-machine/

Goldeneye is not colorized yet.

Displays will be in a week or so, right now they are out of stock

Quoted from jake35:

Curious if anyone is aware of a color DMD alternative for Sega games? Thought it would look nice in my Goldeneye and Apollo 13. I did some research but came up empty.

#3 6 years ago

Thanks!

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Goldeneye is not colorized yet.

Even so, Sigma displays work in them now and you can choose what single color you want the display to be while you wait for it to be colorized.

#5 6 years ago

Pictures of LCD in a Sega Godzilla, using green till a full colour available!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#6 6 years ago

I put a Sigma LCD display in Twister 3 years ago.
Twister 1 (resized).pngTwister 1 (resized).pngTwister 2 (resized).pngTwister 2 (resized).pngTwister 3 (resized).pngTwister 3 (resized).pngTwister 5 (resized).pngTwister 5 (resized).pngTwister 6 (resized).pngTwister 6 (resized).pngTwister 7 (resized).pngTwister 7 (resized).pngTwister 8 (resized).pngTwister 8 (resized).png"We got cows!"Twister 10 (resized).pngTwister 10 (resized).png

Twister 4 (resized).pngTwister 4 (resized).png

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Even so, Sigma displays work in them now and you can choose what single color you want the display to be while you wait for it to be colorized.

Yep , sigma set to green in a Champion Pub.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

Yep , sigma set to green in a Champion Pub.

Nice Sega game you have there.

#9 6 years ago

"We got cows!"

So, you can put that in now, and when full color becomes available do you just do an update and you're good to go?

#10 6 years ago

Nice Sega game you have there.

I know, I know , just showing another example showing a sigma display.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

So, you can put that in now, and when full color becomes available do you just do an update and you're good to go?

Yes

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Yes. That is what is awesome about the Sigma display!!! Get rid of that old orange plasma display and choose any single color you want the DMD display to be while you wait on full color for your game.

Do you have one in Star Wars already?

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

I know, I know , just showing another example showing a sigma display.

I'll derail this thread some more then. PM2 (resized).pngPM2 (resized).png

#14 6 years ago

Screenshot_2017-05-26-06-06-10 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-05-26-06-06-10 (resized).png

#15 6 years ago

Yes. That is what is awesome about the Sigma display!!! Get rid of that old orange plasma display and choose any single color you want the DMD display to be while you wait on full color for your game.
Do you have one in Star Wars already?

Negative. I have the color LED display. Can I put a sigma display into my Royal Rumble?

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Negative. I have the color LED display. Can I put a sigma display into my Royal Rumble?

Yes you can. The DE Sigma kit does come with a power tap that will supply power to the ColorDMD, shown in step 5 of the hardware instructions.

http://www.colordmd.com/installation/ColorDMD%20LED%20Installation%20Instructions%20DE%20SEGA%20Rev1.PDF

http://shop.colordmd.com/led-replacement-display-sigma/

Is this the kit you purchased? If you bought the kit using the Star Wars selection, it will be the same kit as the DE LED Sigma kit. It will work in both Star Wars and WWFRR.

1 month later
#17 6 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Did you pick one up for Apollo 13 yet?

4 months later
#18 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Pictures of LCD in a Sega Godzilla, using green till a full colour available!

Full color now available for Godzilla!! http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-godzilla-pinball-machine/

3 months later
#19 6 years ago

"We got cows!"

PinballManiac40, do you still have the Twister pin and if so how could I get ahold of this LCD display? Purchased a Twister and picking it up this week. thanks in advance for any help!

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from woody6092:

PinballManiac40, do you still have the Twister pin and if so how could I get ahold of this LCD display? Purchased a Twister and picking it up this week. thanks in advance for any help!

Congrats on your purchase. I sold the game and put the display into another game. Buy the Sigma ColorDMD for SAM/Whitestar kit. It should fit just fine. Though there is some backbox light coming in from the sides of the display because of how far back the display is from the speaker panel. Though, it didn't bother me enough to do anything about it since it could only be seen from an angle. Those images were taken on the HiRes setting and light blue, which fit the game quite nicely. Hopefully full color is coming for the game this year.
http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/

1 week later
#21 6 years ago

Congrats on your purchase. I sold the game and put the display into another game. Buy the Sigma ColorDMD for SAM/Whitestar kit. It should fit just fine. Though there is some backbox light coming in from the sides of the display because of how far back the display is from the speaker panel. Though, it didn't bother me enough to do anything about it since it could only be seen from an angle. Those images were taken on the HiRes setting and light blue, which fit the game quite nicely. Hopefully full color is coming for the game this year.
http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-sigma/

Thanks so much for the info!!! Greatly appreciated!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from woody6092:

Thanks so much for the info!!! Greatly appreciated!

You got the game and a display?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet Parts
Gameroom Mods

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-for-sega-machines?hl=woody6092 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.