(Topic ID: 6123)

color DMD display

By Wise_Guy

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

My friends buddy made this what do you guys think? He is showcasing it at the expo in SF thats going on right now.

http://colordmd.com/Home.html

#2 12 years ago

I think its pretty crazy.. the video on AFM looks insane!!

#3 12 years ago

looks great. Do they have to customize them for each pin or does "one size fit all"

#4 12 years ago

to much deja vu on this color dmd. lets see a set price and see them in production

#6 12 years ago

I heard from my friend that "one size fits all" that he built some program that takes the info and decodes it to a color display... I could be wrong though as it could be game specific...

Quoted from Donnyman:

to much deja vu on this color dmd. lets see a set price and see them in production

I will find out how much he wants for them and when they will be available and let u guys know..

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

I will find out how much he wants for them and when they will be available and let u guys know..

Really interested to find out..Thanks Wiseguy

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Looks like many of these questions were answered at PPE ...

Average price??

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinmike:

Average price??

If I understand correctly, $399 a pop.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

If I understand correctly, $399 a pop.

Kinda pricey but i'm sure its worth it.

#12 12 years ago

I played it today...
    Pretty much AWESOME!
    Very easy on the eyes too...
    The wallet, not so much.
    I would say MB, MM and TOTAN, would be no-brainers for this technology.

#13 12 years ago

agreed from what i've seen. that would complete the legacy of monsters of rock!

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I played it today...
    Pretty much AWESOME! []
    Very easy on the eyes too...
    The wallet, not so much.
    I would say MB, MM and TOTAN, would be no-brainers for this technology.

Oh Man! I bet that was exciting NP

#15 12 years ago

399 per pin ouch! To think that's what i spent on my first pin. Course that was right after the pilgrims came off the mayflower.

I ws thinking SM, LOTR, CV, shadow and Tron would look real cool too. Between this and subwoofers there goes the college funds.

#16 12 years ago

AFM 1st then MM he is doing 2nd then TAF 3rd is what he is doing for color DMD

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

Great choices. Thanks for the knowledge.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from Wise_Guy:

I can't wait for them to come out with others as well! It sure lucked pretty sweet in AFM. It is definitely pricey but a great mod if you can afford it.

#20 12 years ago

I would love to have one for LOTR...
    But a part of me would miss the orange.
    Hopefully, if they do decide to code one up, they leave the blood in on the decapitations.
    Not like the Mortal Kombat "sweat-swap", ala SNES.
    That would be lame.

#21 12 years ago

I want one for STTNG

#22 12 years ago

Holy Crap That color DMD is groovy.I want one.It looks very game specific.To bad.At 400.00$ I would like to swap it out and try it on specific Pinball machines in my collection to see if I liked It on different machines before ordering more than one. Any how I would still like one for my ATTACK from MARS !!!

#23 12 years ago

I haz a want! I think Mario would look way cooler in color!

#24 12 years ago

Agreed. It would really benefit from it.

#25 12 years ago

It would be cool if the let the pinball community help out with the coding, kinda like what http://www.classicplayfields.com/ does with their "Artists" who design the plastics and playfields.

#26 12 years ago

I got a chance to play the color DMD AFM today and holy effin' crap, it's the most impressive mod I've seen on any pin ever. It absolutely transforms the game. It's kinda crazy money but if I had an AFM, I'd have to plunk the $399.

#27 12 years ago

If it comes out for my TOTAN, Then I will put my rare Orange LED DMD on ebay to cut some losses

Nevermind, I guess it's not that rare http://pinballcontrollers.com/index.php/products/led-dmds

#28 12 years ago

I heard you "code" the colors yourself. (software included) Well that is if no one has done it for us yet. However, something tells me I'll be coding for SMB:MW Happily I might add!

#29 12 years ago
    Quoted from way2muchkc4u:

I heard you "code" the colors yourself. (software included) Well that is if no one has done it for us yet. However, something tells me I'll be coding for SMB:MW Happily I might add!

Sounds like it could be fun. I'll bet that would open up the possibility of sharing color files with others... So you could dowload someone else's if they did it better.

Though, I would hope it was cheaper than $400 if you have to do all the work yourself.

Maybe the company will just sell the DMD and make all the software available on their website.

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Sounds like it could be fun. I'll bet that would open up the possibility of sharing color files with others... So you could dowload someone else's if they did it better.

Though, I would hope it was cheaper than $400 if you have to do all the work yourself.

Maybe the company will just sell the DMD and make all the software available on their website

yeah 400$ is a big chunk of change AND we get to do the work.... However I can think of a few pins that will be done week one by fans alone. Lets see TZ, TAF, DM!! Oooo the list!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-display and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.