• Latest reply 3 years ago by tilted81
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-14 at 20.22.50 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Going to buy a color DMD for one of these. Which one is better suited for a color DMD??? Thanks

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Going to buy a color DMD for one of these. Which one is better suited for a color DMD??? Thanks

You only need the color red for BSD lol.
Haha I can only tell you that color dmd looks awesome in a Shadow, never seen a BSD with color dmd so can not compare.

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-14 at 20.22.50 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-04-14 at 20.22.50 (resized).jpeg
#3 3 years ago

You know if you buy just one, you can try the same one in both machines, and see how you like each, it's just a software update. Or just leave it in one for a while, then switch it. They're both WPC games.

If I had to choose, Shadow is a better upgrade...

#4 3 years ago

BSD looks incredible in color. Just make sure you buy the replacement cover without the red screen

#5 3 years ago

Both look great, but I’d give the edge to Shadow.

#6 3 years ago

That’s an lcd color dmd in the that shadow. I believe you have to use an led color dmd in bsd, due to the love never dies flashers...
I also heard you can strip the red tint off of your original display panel w/ acetone I think it was? I never ended up doing it to mi e when I had but was very tempted. Miss my bsd

#7 3 years ago

Looks like LCD will work in BSD too, there's some special mounting instructions

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-bram-stokers-dracula-pinball-machine/

Special Mounting Instructions

** INSTALLATION OF A COLORDMD IN BSD PINBALL MACHINES REQUIRES REMOVAL OR REPLACEMENT OF THE ORIGINAL FACTORY SPEAKER PANEL PLASTIC **

Reproduction speaker panel plastics with clear windows can be obtained from Classic Arcades website or ebay store.

LCD must be mounted alongside LOVE NEVER DIES flashers using lowest set of mounting holes on the bracket. LCD will stick above the speaker panel and obstruct opening/closing backbox door. Speaker panel must be lowered to open/close the door.

#8 3 years ago

I stand corrected then. Still a good conversation to have as it may have saved some headache. The dots in BSD are far superior to the shadow. I loved the Dripping effect.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-bsd-or-shadow?hl=aflacjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.