(Topic ID: 251430)

Color DMD Best Bang For Buck

By sbmania

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I thought I would share my experience installing color dmd in various games, and my reaction to the end result. Feel free to share your experiences.
    I recently installed one in monster bash and the result was outstanding! Lots of colors-really excellent! In addams family however, the result was just ok. Better than the standard dots but nothing really great. Sopranos looks nice, better than addams, but still just a little better than standard.
    On the other hand, both Frankenstein and baywatch are great! Absolutely game changing and well worth the money!! Amazing how much better they look with color dmd.
    So that's my limited experience. All games look good, but some are really a new game with color whereas others are more average. If you're on a limited budget and can't afford to colorize every game you own, which games do you guys think are best bang for buck?

#2 4 years ago

I think I would put them in all games for $200-250. $400 just seems too much...but anyway, STTNG, Dr Who, Congo, they look great in every game I’ve tried

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-best-bang-for-buck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.