Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Erik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1115.JPG
    IMG_1114.JPG
    IMG_1112.JPG

#1 11 years ago

As the topic says. It arrived, it was easy to install (took about 5 minutes, 4 screws and a few cables) and it is really awesome. Even though it is an LCD, it does not look washed out. The images are very sharp and the blacks are black enough that you cannot notice it has changed to an LCD. It uses way less power than the plasma DMD also.

Even better, I had an old WPC 95 A/V board that was busted. It needed the HV section of the video rebuilt. But it was reworked before so it had no hope of being fixed. After installing the color DMD, I put that old board back in the machine and everything works great with it. The Color DMD does not need the HV output of the A/V board so the fact that those circuits are broken don't matter. So now I have a spare WPC95 A/V board and DMD left over on top of it!

#2 11 years ago

Please post a few pictures.

#3 11 years ago

Pics or you are playing Shrek...

#4 11 years ago

Ok it's hard to capture the nice colors on the DMD in these pictures, but here we go:

IMG_1112.JPGIMG_1112.JPG IMG_1114.JPGIMG_1114.JPG IMG_1115.JPGIMG_1115.JPG

#5 11 years ago

Very Nice! And the color DMD is also nice!

#6 11 years ago

Could be just me, but I can see a BIG difference. Compare just the top pic here. "Say NO to Drugs" is CLEAR as crystal. The MM's "Kings of the Realm" next to it almost looks blurred in comparison.
    Same story on the other 2 pics, looks REALLY crisp. NICE!

-j

#7 11 years ago

Nice!

Any brightness settings?

Are you finding it is not too bright? Very tempted as it makes my AFM look dated!

#8 11 years ago

That looks awesome, thanks for posting the pics....

#9 11 years ago

Oh, you can see it. Wow! It sure stands out in the crowd. The other pins are pleading "Me Next!".

#10 11 years ago

That looks awesome!

#11 11 years ago

Wow what a crisp clear difference. Now all I need it an AFM machine to put one in.

#12 11 years ago

Big difference I bet you were pumped to get that installed as soon as possible. Looks great thanks for sharing the pics with us. Also like how you did the LEDs in the back of the playfield well played!

#13 11 years ago

I tried to get one and they sold out way too quickly. I was even on the mailing list and I still missed out. I hope that they're back in stock soon. I really want to do a review for the podcast.

#14 11 years ago

so cool!!
    and the color dmd is nice too...

#16 11 years ago

Very nice

#17 11 years ago

Awesome, hopefully they do more conversions soon.

#18 11 years ago

Definitely a winner! Looks like you'll be springing for a few more of these in the not too distant future...

#19 11 years ago

Do you think ColorDMD will eventually allow the color images to be reproduced in The Pinball Arcade or PinMAME?

#20 11 years ago

Congrats. Now instead of still shots, post a video!

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Definitely a winner! Looks like you'll be springing for a few more of these in the not too distant future...

Other than MM, what's next?

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Other than MM, what's next?

That very subject is speculated about in this thread ...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-wh20

#23 11 years ago

MM, then TAF, and speculation after that but surely MB next???

#24 11 years ago

Look great! I'm ready for MM toget it

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Look great! I'm ready for MM toget it

Is Chris installing one for you?

#26 11 years ago

Really looks nice Markmon!! Enjoy

#27 11 years ago

Looks GREAT! Hopefully, now that they have made one, they can speed up the process and make them for at least a few different games a year. I would probably buy one for LOTR and SM.

#28 11 years ago

I'd be in for LOTR and TAF

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-arrived-it-is-awesome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.