Topic Stats

• 262 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

colordmd_acdc.png
acdc-color-compare.gif
image-895.jpg
image.jpg
eb2.gif
11029481_1011811882181134_6660999426907850475_n.png
IMG_2095 - Copy.JPG
IMG_2096.JPG
IMG_2097.JPG
IMG_2094 - Copy.JPG
93cf6368-135e-4876-a583-6197a52ec223.png
l2.jpg
l1.jpeg
71771-that-belongs-in-a-museum-gif-I-UqaM.gif
AExZB6I.gif
frog.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bstyles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from Gibo:

Ok I will say it,with all due respect with so many popular games yet to be done why waste your resources on a game that your competition is already doing???

As a consumer, I would like to see competition. Competition keeps prices in check.

Admittedly, I own more than 15 ColorDMD displays. ColorDMD has a proven track record of being a simple & clean install and, in my experience, the product has been bullet-proof. Mike D's product advertises a lot of end-user customization capabilities, and his business model promises a site where user-contributed colorization files could be shared.

Maybe there's room for both products in the market. Maybe what we have the beginning of here is IOS vs Android. One is very conforming and the other offers a higher degree of personalization. Or as both products continue to evolve it may be more like comparing Xbox vs Playstation, meaning that the hardware and power arguments are not relevant.

It was bound to happen that there would be overlap on the titles colorized. Now we have our first example. Disclaimer: as of this post, neither manufacturer's product has been released yet.

The landscape is sure to change over the next 24 months, however, right now calling Mike D's product 'competition' to ColorDMD is like ..... well..... calling JJP competition to Stern.

-Brian

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bstyles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside