IMG_2097.JPG
IMG_2094 - Copy.JPG
93cf6368-135e-4876-a583-6197a52ec223.png
l2.jpg
l1.jpeg
71771-that-belongs-in-a-museum-gif-I-UqaM.gif
AExZB6I.gif
frog.jpg
There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 9 years ago

Pretty low misadvertising.

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I have 10.5K into my IJ, quit your bitchin'

71771-that-belongs-in-a-museum-gif-I-UqaM.gif71771-that-belongs-in-a-museum-gif-I-UqaM.gif

Quoted from zucot:

Dont wanna lose my jackpot light board.

I think it will still fit under the DMD, not sure if colorDMD will be able to include lights in the code since the DMD should reach the holes. If, it doesn't fit because of the connectors, I think we just need to solder on some extenders to move the plug out of the way of the DMD. Prob will need a heat shield between the board and DMD?

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

You don't have too. Just take the spacers out and use small hex screws. That is what I did.

See beginning of video

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I haven't read one way or the other, about the possible support of jackpot lighting.

Since it requires a physical modification of the speaker panel, the ColorDMD board might not.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

You don't have too. Just take the spacers out and use small hex screws. That is what I did.

FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

» YouTube video
See beginning of video

They have (3) different NOS light boards. One is much longer and has different connector locations. The board itself will fit with no problem. Its the connector/wire that causes issues.

the one I have will fit with no problem. Since it uses integrated LEDs and the connector is off the boardthe one I have will fit with no problem. Since it uses integrated LEDs and the connector is off the board

The other 2 that I know of have twist sockets and the connector is directly off the board and will cause some clearance issues.The other 2 that I know of have twist sockets and the connector is directly off the board and will cause some clearance issues.

So it really depends on what board you have.

#157 9 years ago

Finally a color dmd title releasing for a game I still own. I'm also worried about the jackpot light board, i forget which board I have in there, but I feel like it's the pinbits one. I have a line out in my TZ but was waiting for a colordmd to hopefully come out so I can just buy that. Now I can put IJ's dmd into TZ and use the new colordmd for IJ. Very excited!

#158 9 years ago

Ordered!

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

Finally a color dmd title releasing for a game I still own. I'm also worried about the jackpot light board, i forget which board I have in there, but I feel like it's the pinbits one. I have a line out in my TZ but was waiting for a colordmd to hopefully come out so I can just buy that. Now I can put IJ's dmd into TZ and use the new colordmd for IJ. Very excited!

If you have issues where the twist sockets fit but the connector doesn't. You could de-solder the pins and solder in your own cable.

However, if the twist lamp sockets also don't fit. I guess you can just pick up the one that will - http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16824

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

If you have issues where the twist sockets fit but the connector doesn't. You could de-solder the pins and solder in your own cable.
However, if the twist lamp sockets also don't fit. I guess you can just pick up the one that will - http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16824

Thanks for the tip. I will wait to check it out when the new dmd arrives, now I'm thinking I might not have the pinbits one, so I might be fine by just removing the spacers. Either way I will make it work. That one from Marco looks familiar.

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from BriGuy5:

Thanks for the tip. I will wait to check it out when the new dmd arrives, now I'm thinking I might not have the pinbits one, so I might be fine by just removing the spacers. Either way I will make it work. That one from Marco looks familiar.

I think we definitely will need to add a heat shield. I think DMD's always used cardboard, so anything should work I think???

#162 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chris

They have (3) different NOS light boards. One is much longer and has different connector locations. The board itself will fit with no problem. Its the connector/wire that causes issues.
the one I have will fit with no problem. Since it uses integrated LEDs and the connector is off the board
The other 2 that I know of have twist sockets and the connector is directly off the board and will cause some clearance issues.
So it really depends on what board you have.

l1.jpeg 7 KB

l2.jpg 24 KB

I believe I have the one pictured at the top.

The bottom pinbits one can be modified similar to DrWho's light board.
Pins would need to be removed and new wire adaptor made.
LEDs would need to be removed from there base and soldered directly to the board.

#163 9 years ago

From the email I got this morning:

93cf6368-135e-4876-a583-6197a52ec223.png93cf6368-135e-4876-a583-6197a52ec223.png

They chose......wisely

#164 9 years ago

as previous post states, they chose wisely. looking forward to seeing this in a pin

#165 9 years ago

Or you could modify the Jack-Pot Light Board like I did for a Friends Dr. Who.

I've seen a similar modification done for the TAF Light Boards for the ColorDMD's.

I have 90 deg. .156 headers on order to finish making it as slim as possible - if that doesn't fit I'll hardwire it to a .156 Header like the Marco JP LB has it

Pin - K

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/products.html

IMG_2097.JPGIMG_2097.JPGIMG_2094 - Copy.JPGIMG_2094 - Copy.JPGIMG_2095 - Copy.JPGIMG_2095 - Copy.JPG

#166 9 years ago

I'm in! This is my fourth color DMD and also the one I most wanted. I wish they weren't so expensive, but they do make a considerable difference to most pins. I like my STLE, but...

#167 9 years ago

Like everyone else, I am very excited for this one. Can't wait to see it in action!

Big props out to the ColorDMD guys! I am sure this was not an easy game to give the color treatment. I would go as far as saying it probably is the most difficult of all the 90's B/W titles. RS and JD have tons of animations too, but no video modes.

#168 9 years ago

I'm glad everyone that owns an Indiana Jones is finally getting their color DMD. Now can the rest of us get our Dredd? Please!!!

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm glad everyone that owns an Indiana Jones is finally getting their color DMD. Now can the rest of us get our Dredd? Please!!!

Man, I've got to believe that TZ is coming soon.

I can't think of another game with that big of a production run and popularity.

Pete

#170 9 years ago

TZ looks great in black and white. Just like the TV show.
Judge Dredd needs bloody living color!

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Judge Dredd needs bloody living color!

I don't disagree...and yes, I'd rather have JD.

I'm just saying that I can't think of a game that is "bigger" than TZ when you look at production numbers, value, and overall popularity. It's the last of the "elite" games, I guess.

Pete

#172 9 years ago

....having said that, I'd prefer Champion Pub or Shadow.

=)

#173 9 years ago

I'de get one for Shadow too. But there is so much that could be done with Dredd, I can't imagine they would bypass it just because it is a $1400 game.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep, I may buy the ColoDMD for my IJ, and do a DIY solution for my TZ. Unless they do something really impressive, TZ wouldn't be worth it, to me.

3 weeks later
#175 9 years ago

none of this stuff is ever in stock. fail

#176 9 years ago

Shadow would be awesome.

Really want to see LOTR of TSPP get done.

#177 9 years ago

I think it's about time they took on a Stern title. Tron or LOTR would be the likely first Stern title, IMHO.

#178 9 years ago

WHAT! I was really really hoping for Williams Indiana Jones

I'm surprised this one isn't near the top of the list.

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

The WPC/WPC95 multicolor displays are identical to "ColorDMD Replacement Display (SIGMA) with WPC/WPC95 Installation kit." Still have a few in stock.

Randy

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Not a fail so much as a sign of a product in demand in this case.

#181 9 years ago

So when will product be in stock? Just looked, sigmas seem to be out too.
Need one for creature

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Need one for creature

I just bought one for my DW a few days ago, and their site shows all currently in stock. ???

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Need one for creature

It looks to be in stock (all the Bally/Williams games use the same display):

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-indiana-jones-pinball-machine/

#184 9 years ago

every item i click on says out of stock, any other vendors have any?

#185 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

every item i click on says out of stock, any other vendors have any?

They still had IJ listed as in stock last night but not anymore. I am sure they will have more available soon.

#186 9 years ago

Why not do TZ? I understand the show is in black and white, but the entire playfield and back glass are in color. If they remastered the actual show in color, would this take away from the creepiness? Just to note, I've never seen twilight zone.

#188 9 years ago

The IJ release and Expo preorders cleaned us out. Next production run is in progress and should be available early November.

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

The IJ release and Expo preorders cleaned us out. Next production run is in progress and should be available early November.

Sounds like you guys are riding the Gravy Train $$$ lol

Glad I ordered mine before the code was released.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

In other words, stocking up for the next color ROM release.

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

In other words, stocking up for the next color ROM release.

I have a good feeling the next few releases will bring lots more orders

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Randy stated 9 releases are in the works according to the interview I heard, which was just before the IJ release. Can you imagine the possibilities there??

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

TZ and the most popular Sterns are where the rest of the big money lies for ColorDMD.

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

TZ and the most popular Sterns are where the rest of the big money lies for ColorDMD.

As well as the Shadow, Judge Dredd and Indy 500. Others would argue WCS94, BSD and Roadshow.

#195 9 years ago

It is a shame Stern is not putting in ColorDMD into the Premium/LE machines going out the door.

#196 9 years ago

I would love a T2 and would not mind a TSPP. Mostly since them are the only ones I have left that can use a colorDMD. lol

#197 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

It is a shame Stern is not putting in ColorDMD into the Premium/LE machines going out the door.

It's a shame Stern is still using 1991's DMD technology.

The full display panel JJP uses is stupid for pinball (awkwardly dancing scarecrow) but, really, it's time to retire the dots on new machines and have graphics in Flash or something similar. Probably cheaper to develop, even.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

They actually been using LED displays since Xmen, I believe.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

Probably cheaper to develop, even.

Quite the opposite actually, it's one downside to high rez screens.

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

The full display panel JJP uses is stupid for pinball (awkwardly dancing scarecrow) but, really, it's time to retire the dots on new machines and have graphics in Flash or something similar. Probably cheaper to develop, even.

Flash?

LOL

How 1999!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-announces-next-title/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.