IMG_2097.JPG
IMG_2094 - Copy.JPG
93cf6368-135e-4876-a583-6197a52ec223.png
l2.jpg
l1.jpeg
71771-that-belongs-in-a-museum-gif-I-UqaM.gif
AExZB6I.gif
frog.jpg
There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 9 years ago

Gilligan's Island!!

10605999_904239582938365_7976959259485483590_n.png10605999_904239582938365_7976959259485483590_n.png

Edit: Why did I get downvoted for a legitimate post?

#2 9 years ago

Done by somebody with poor taste too. No reason that should be a rainbow of fruit flavors like that.

#5 9 years ago

T2 COME ONNNNNNNN

#6 9 years ago

I didn't see that coming!

No, I really didn't!

#7 9 years ago

Would be curious about the mounting too, since Gilligan's backbox is non-standard. I think maybe Randy is messing with us.

#8 9 years ago

ian-malcom-272x300.jpgian-malcom-272x300.jpg

#9 9 years ago

I thought the OP was pulling our leg, so I looked it up on facebook. Sure enough the picture's on ColorDMD's page.

#10 9 years ago

Its true! Confirmed.

Here is why people need to not be so butt hurt about it...

COLORDMD is accelerating its products because of fan submitted coloration's... that is to say that 4-6+ projects are going on right now being colored by "fans of the game" who happen to have the tech know how and programming knowledge to do such a thing...

So if you are a programmer nerd... and your favorite pin happens to be Gilligan's Island... you own one... and you are investing your own free time and energy into this... you go for it. lol.

Next thing you know: we have this product here. Right out of left field.

The only way to make sure its "for the game you want" is to do it yourself as a part of a color DMD collaboration or bribe one of the people with the tech know-how to do it for you.

#11 9 years ago

Is Judge Dredd NOT a worthy title for a colour dmd FFS?
I would place it right up there with STTNG and before Doctor Who !!!!

#12 9 years ago

Wow not even for IJ

#13 9 years ago

Uggh!! Why the hell not TZ and Indy next??

#14 9 years ago

IJ is a pretty steep hill to climb with the various video modes. I'm sure it'll get done eventually though.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Uggh!! Why the hell not TZ and Indy next??

TZ too. Lots of random. Make the frame matching difficult.

#15 9 years ago

I am sure it would be a lot easier for ColorDMD to just announce what games are being worked on right now, but then that would lead to other headaches of people constantly wondering when is the game going to be done... also there might be unforseen complications that make the colorization process not work on said title. Give them a break, they want to get the popular titles out too I am sure.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I am sure it would be a lot easier for ColorDMD to just announce what games are being worked on right now, but then that would lead to other headaches of people constantly wondering when is the game going to be done... also there might be unforseen complications that make the colorization process not work on said title. Give them a break, they want to get the popular titles out too I am sure.

I'm sure there have been at least a few 'community contributors' who started with good intentions and then realized the tedium of doing the actual work wasn't something they wanted to follow through on.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I am sure it would be a lot easier for ColorDMD to just announce what games are being worked on right now

agreed. when they first announced that they were actually going to start working with the public and using user submitted colorization, I emailed randy about a half dozen times with projects that I would have been willing to work on, but it was always "we've got someone working on that already" and never here's a list of what we're not working on if you'd like to submit a project suggestion.

I can understand from the business point of view that you don't want to show your hand, but given that they've basically got a monopoly for this sector of the mod market, letting their customer base (both current and potential) know what's coming down the pike wouldn't be a bad thing

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Done by somebody with poor taste too. No reason that should be a rainbow of fruit flavors like that.

This proves to me that every B/W title (minus CV & SC) will be done eventually.

I really hope ColorDMD is monitoring "fan" created games closely. I would rather wait and have a game done right, than get a title I have been waiting for put out with questionable colors.

#19 9 years ago

Yep. Every time ColorDMD says they accept user submitted colorizations, a few people pop up and mention emailing the guy and offering to do it and not getting anywhere. Pretty clear which side the bottleneck's on.

I would love to colorize my JP or CV.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from tjsynkral:

Yep. Every time ColorDMD says they accept user submitted colorizations, a few people pop up and mention emailing the guy and offering to do it. Pretty clear which side the bottleneck's on.
I would love to colorize my JP or CV.

CV has the mounting problem -- unless Randy has custom cut LCD sizes made, which would make it much more expensive -- So that's not really likely.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

CV has the mounting problem -- unless Randy has custom cut LCD sizes made, which would make it much more expensive -- So that's not really likely.

I mentioned this before, but prefab LCD panels in the proper dimensions for CV do exist. It would be more expensive but not as bad as a custom LCD.

I'd be cool with an XPin collab with RGB LED modules too.

#22 9 years ago

If you asked me a hour ago what would be the most unlikely title to be done. Gilligan's Island would be it.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

If you asked me a hour ago what would be the most unlikely title to be done. Gilligan's Island would be it.

I dunno, I think TMNT or Checkpoint are more unlikely!

#24 9 years ago

I checked this thread hoping it would be Shadow, I500 or Congo. Definitely didn't expect GI.

#25 9 years ago

Road show!!!

#26 9 years ago

hmmmm ...really... no color dmd for the shadow but a color dmd for GI....oh the humanity

#27 9 years ago

I appreciate what these guys are doing and have purchased north of 20 of their units. Do I think GI is a game worthy of colorization? NO, but it is great to see that they are not just doing A list titles and are truly open to any title. I think in the long run everyone will benefit from this approach as there are some games that I love that are not very popular that I would run a color dmd in. Yes we may have to wait for games like TZ and IJ, but they will come and every game in between. I can't complain that they keep adding to the library of games, especially since they allowed us to take one color dmd and change it to any title we want. That was a great move and generous of them.

#28 9 years ago

I too find it awesome that it isn't only A-list titles

I pitch in a vote (that won't matter anyway) for JD or HS2!!

#29 9 years ago

WHAT! I was really really hoping for Williams Indiana Jones

#30 9 years ago

Wow, they ought to crank up production at Color DMD. Lot of demand for that badboy

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

This proves to me that every B/W title (minus CV & SC) will be done eventually.

BSD may prove to be a challenge as well

#32 9 years ago

Wow...I just got a GI and would love a ColorDMD in it.... for once its a title I want to get

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Gilligan's Island!!

It was the first full size DMD game, yes? I think they will sell a bunch of these. As for colorizing the first season of Gilligans's Island as I have seen them do, I am not impressed.

#34 9 years ago

Not what I was expecting, but it is GREAT to see the less popular titles getting some love.

Hoping to see a DE game here soon!

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As for colorizing the first season of Gilligans's Island as I have seen them do, I am not impressed.

From the looks of things, the same guy did these dots...

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

BSD may prove to be a challenge as well

Not really. The repro speaker panel has removable red film. If there's interest I might do a new translite and panel too (original design) with a clear DMD window to support the colorization. See how it goes.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not really. The repro speaker panel has removable red film. If there's interest I might do a new translite and panel too (original design) with a clear DMD window to support the colorization. See how it goes.

the "love never dies" also needs to be integrated.

#38 9 years ago

Hmm. Didn't see that title coming. Will IJ ever be released? Over 12k games made and a huge demand by the fan base. Maybe it's just too cool for color.

#39 9 years ago

This thread is just funny.

As far as keeping an eye on quality, there is a high standard for the finished product.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

Hmm. Didn't see that title coming. Will IJ ever be released? Over 12k games made and a huge demand by the fan base. Maybe it's just too cool for color.

They have dropped IJ hints. I can't imagine it not being on their radar. The upside here (if you are not jazzed enough about GI) is that this release is out only 5 or so weeks after their last one. Hopefully they will keep up this pace.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It would definitely push me closer to getting one. Would you be up for a new figure to replace the hideous one in the coffin lock too?

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Gilligan's Island!!

10605999_904239582938365_7976959... 33 KB

Technically, the DMD for the first ball should be standard, then Balls 2 & 3 in color.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Technically, the DMD for the first ball should be standard, then Balls 2 & 3 in color.

Well played sir. Well played indeed.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm sure there have been at least a few 'community contributors' who started with good intentions and then realized the tedium of doing the actual work wasn't something they wanted to follow through on.

I was one. I was unable to get the time that they needed when it was needed. Tedious is an understatement of what it takes. It was also beyond my skillset and not an interface I found to be intuitive. Glad the one I was working on was handed off to someone else and now done. While I do not care for many of the color choices personally, it looks pretty cool and is DONE. Getting the projects done is a primary for any business.

#45 9 years ago

Maybe I should get in touch with them and work on a game...

#46 9 years ago

Ooohhhh.... a puzzle. Notice the difference between the 1st post and the 2nd...

GI_missing1.pngGI_missing1.png

GI_original.pngGI_original.png
#47 9 years ago

LS... What is LS? :=)

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Would be curious about the mounting too, since Gilligan's backbox is non-standard. I think maybe Randy is messing with us.

Quoted from Jazman:

Ooohhhh.... a puzzle. Notice the difference between the 1st post and the 2nd...

Aha! So Randy IS messing with us.

#49 9 years ago

Should say Gilligan's ISLE. That's what the song says anyway.....

#50 9 years ago

Hmm, if they're not actually doing Gilligan, they're going to have a bunch of angry pin owners to deal with...

"Finally some respect for Gilli--oh WTF?"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 262 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-announces-next-title and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.