(Topic ID: 98841)

Color DMD announces Dr Who for newest release!!

By Gundam_Pilot_

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dendoc
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WD_RS_Color.jpg
DH_mod.jpg
X_Flat.jpg
X_Tail.jpg
X_Soldered.jpg
tom.jpg
DSC_1411.JPG
IMAG1571.jpg
image-726.jpg
image-882.jpg
IMG_1720[1].JPG
image-638.jpg
image-539.jpg
image-105.jpg
image-635.jpg
image-996.jpg

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/colordmd?hc_location=timeline

Just posted on FB

10537441_877888465573477_5847786888926665416_n.png
#2 7 years ago

The best news is they say there are presently nine titles actively being worked on.

#3 7 years ago

Missed the mark. I fully support what they do, have purchased more kits than I care to say but this title is a huge miss.

Ij and tz, please develop a title we all keep asking for.

#4 7 years ago

Hopefully one of the nine is JD!!

#5 7 years ago

its about TIME....get it

#6 7 years ago

Interesting choice....

#7 7 years ago

Wonder how the DR lights are going to work below the DMD. I see they have to be removed..but does the LCD mimic the original lights?

#8 7 years ago

With the following caveat:

"Due to the size of the LCD panel, installation of a ColorDMD display in Doctor Who will require removal (or modification) of the lamp board that lights the Doctors faces on the speaker panel."

Modification documented here:

http://www.colordmd.com/Light%20Board%20Mod%20TAF%20and%20DW.pdf

viperrwk

Post edited by viperrwk: Added link to mod doc

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Wonder how the DR lights are going to work below the DMD. I see they have to be removed..but does the LCD mimic the original lights?

Interesting idea but no way they could do this because they would somehow have to tie the lamp matrix and display driver together.

viperrwk

#10 7 years ago

Awesome! Looks like the wobblehead mod I was saving up for will need to take a back seat!

#12 7 years ago

I'm very excited about this title. I think the color will do wonders for the game. Now i'll just need to work so overtime so I can gather some fun money to buy it!
Brian

#13 7 years ago

Unexpected but cool! Motivation for me to fix the reset problems on my Dr. Who!

Quoted from viperrwk:

Interesting idea but no way they could do this because they would somehow have to tie the lamp matrix and display driver together.
viperrwk

They did it on Addams. Works fine. The THING "inserts" on the DMD panel are lit by the LCD.

#14 7 years ago

Per there facebook:

Rest assured, "we have top men working on it."

IJ has got to be one of the 9.

#15 7 years ago

Seeing this gives me hope that WCS may show up some day.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

IJ has got to be one of the 9.

Maybe Indy is just too much awesome for the Color DMD to handle.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Interesting choice....

Keep in mind that they have volunteers doing titles now too, and they pick projects based on personal interest, or what machines they have access to. So it's not like Chris and Randy necessarily said WE MUST HAVE DOCTOR WHO! Someone probably really wanted their game in color and took on making it happen.

I get that IJ and TZ are the last "A" titles missing color, but any game that gets color is great in my book, even if I don't own it. I want The Shadow, we all have our personal wishes. I don't have time to volunteer, so I have to just wait until someone else does it. I can't gripe about that.

#18 7 years ago

Here is the text from the announcement earlier today:

THE DOCTOR IS IN... AND AN UPDATE ON COLORDMD!

ColorDMD Displays is excited to announce multicolor support for Doctor Who pinball machines! Doctor Who is the 12th supported title for the ColorDMD platform*, and second game colored through community involvement!

Doctor Who was colored by Mark Jarzewiak, a member of the Northern Georgia Pinball League, and an active member of the Pinside and P-ROC forums. Mark joined the ColorDMD Developer Group in late 2013, and has done an outstanding job to bring the Doctor to life. We're excited to share his work with you!

Just as the Doctor's appearance changed with his 12th incarnation this year, Game 12 is a fitting position to alter the look of the game! A video trailer for the new ColorDMD display will be released on Monday, August 4th and the multicolor ROM will be available for download from our website by Friday, August 8th.

The ColorDMD Developer Group was formed to encourage participation by the pinball community, increase the rate at which games are colored, and extend the effort to color titles that might not otherwise be reached. The Developer Group has grown to seven developers and there are currently nine active projects at various stages of completion!

While support of the Developer Group does draw some time away from our own projects, we believe this is the right investment, both for the success of ColorDMD and for the benefit of the pinball community. If you're still wondering "Where's [insert game of choice]!?!"... Rest assured, "we have top men working on it."

Thanks for your continued support, and please join us in congratulating Mark on a job well done!

Randy and Chris, ColorDMD Displays

*Due to the size of the LCD panel, installation of a ColorDMD display in Doctor Who will require removal (or modification) of the lamp board that lights the Doctors faces on the speaker panel.

#19 7 years ago

well, looks like I finally have no reason not to get this game. Trades will be happening this fall! w00t!

#20 7 years ago

Indiana Jones please, WAY overdue

The Shadow as well.

#21 7 years ago

Congrats Mark, look forward to video and GL with your next project. NGG
Hint Hint

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Unexpected but cool! Motivation for me to fix the reset problems on my Dr. Who!

They did it on Addams. Works fine. The THING "inserts" on the DMD panel are lit by the LCD.

My bad. Didn't realize this was already there.

Edit: On Dr. Who the Dr lights are in 6 columns and 6 rows unlike Addams where the THING lights are all in the same column (thus the 13 pin connector). Would require a new connector to support the lights on the display itself.

viperrwk

#23 7 years ago

Great, so how do I get the tools to colorize Jackbot?

#24 7 years ago

The ColorDMD cannot be hooked to the line for the 7-light. The modification will have to work. I actually haven't had those in there the entire time during development and really didn't miss it, though now I think it is time to do the mod and get my light board back in.

#25 7 years ago

This is awesome! Doctor Who is my #1 title and I can't be more excited!!

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Hopefully one of the nine is JD!!

They're gonna make a fortune on me if it is!

#27 7 years ago

Count me in on this one!

#28 7 years ago

Dr. Who? In that case how about RS?

#29 7 years ago

ColorDMD just hit my Christmas list with this announcement!

Better that than replacing the dodgy DMD that is currently giving me fits!

#30 7 years ago

We want tz .........you guys would sell way more color dmds if you would have done tz .....

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

We want tz .........you guys would sell way more color dmds if you would have done tz .....

Don't you think if they could have they would have by now? There is probably somebody working on it. There may have been some issues with it or something else that we don't know about. I am sure if they could just flip a switch and it would be done, they would have had TZ and IJ by now, but that isn't how things work. Considering they sell out of every run they have had so far, I don't think they are hurting.

#32 7 years ago

I don't want a TZ version...I think all white works best.
But of course it could come out great.

#33 7 years ago

I love the color. My bank account hates it. I have 2x more to buy now!

#34 7 years ago

I am digging the Dr Who choice personally. Then again this is unfortunately a game I am looking for at the moment. So now it will cost me more money : \

#35 7 years ago

Love the DW choice for color DMD but don't like the idea of losing the light board for the doctors or hacking it up to keep it in there. Oh well, saves me a few bucks

#36 7 years ago

Really disappointing it wasn't IJ

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from viperrwk:

viperrwk

Already been done for TAF, I believe ....

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Love the DW choice for color DMD but don't like the idea of losing the light board for the doctors or hacking it up to keep it in there. Oh well, saves me a few bucks

I have looked over the instructions, and really don't consider the board being hacked at all. I personally find it to be a very good solution to keep the board in the game. Really the biggest issue I have would be using the ultra-bright leds, which I worry may wash out the doctors on the backboard.

Hopefully I can afford this sooner or later. At least it has given me the drive to actually finish getting my DW working!

#39 7 years ago

Its really not that big of a deal to mod. I would assume anyone in this hobby can mock up that mod and make it work

#40 7 years ago

I for one am stoked that it is DW. I understand that people really want the "A" titles but this was made possible by someone that has a passion for the game and took the colorization on themselves. Very impressed.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I for one am stoked that it is DW. I understand that people really want the "A" titles but this was made possible by someone that has a passion for the game and took the colorization on themselves. Very impressed.

You should get one

#42 7 years ago

While I understand that some people want other games I can't understand thumbing up negative responses to any game. For anyone that wants a game done, have you contacted Randy about doing it? There are lots of games being done now because people have made a commitment. I will say that it is now impossible to think if DW not colorized.

#43 7 years ago

They really need to make a color DMD for Playboy...I can see it now...

#44 7 years ago

Bravo!
If the Time Lord is to travel the universe for millennia, I'm glad he will be doing it in colour.

#45 7 years ago

Well....I'm just going to order the sigma for my TZ....have to admit, I really like the smoothing feature almost as much as I like the colorization.......

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I agree. It's really cool that a game like DW is getting the Color DMD treatment.

#47 7 years ago

Getaway!!! I'd like to see the 'Nice Wheels' lady in full color.

#48 7 years ago

TZ and CV need in on this fast...

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

TZ and CV need in on this fast...

Cv is physically impossible due to the screen placement.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Cv is physically impossible due to the screen placement.

Really???

- that seems lame

There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside