Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Onwallst
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Please forgive me if these questions have been asked before. I was planning on getting an mmr. Now I have found an original I might get next weekend. There are several things I like about the MMR, that the original does not have. Are they planning on making the shaker motor mod available again? Has anyone heard? Also does the color DMD upgrade look the same as on the MMR? My mind is really going back and forth. Original? Remake? Im trying to decide. pros and cons to both. thanks,

#2 6 years ago

The MMR is a million times better then the original if you are comparing the LCD animations. On the remake everything is alot more detailed. You should do a Google video search or check YouTube for good examples of both. I also thought on Chicago Gaming website they had a side by side comparison. On the remake the shaker motor is plug and play. The original is a great game but from the aesthetics of it the MMR is the winner.

Great game either way Congrats on whatever you so choose.

(Disclamer: I apologize in advance if I have offended any original MM owners)

#3 6 years ago

I don't own any of them at this moment, but if I could pick up a nice quality original (with mint playfield, the rest does not matter for me), or a remake for the same price, I'd get the old one. But it really is preference. The only valid point you can bring up against the remake is home serviceability, and parts supply in the future, but none of those will really be an issue in my opinion.

3 weeks later
#4 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

The MMR is a million times better then the original if you are comparing the LCD animations. On the remake everything is alot more detailed. You should do a Google video search or check YouTube for good examples of both. I also thought on Chicago Gaming website they had a side by side comparison. On the remake the shaker motor is plug and play. The original is a great game but from the aesthetics of it the MMR is the winner.
Great game either way Congrats on whatever you so choose.
(Disclamer: I apologize in advance if I have offended any original MM owners)

I own both and the color animations are very close. Get the hi res file on the original.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 150.00
Cabinet - Other
Starcade Amusement

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-and-shaker-motor-upgrade-question-on-original-mm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.