Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 240 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Iphone 017.JPG
    TOM.jpg
    hint3.jpg
    153443.jpg
    hint2.jpg
    images.jpg
    153359.jpg
    BugsBunny.jpg
    untitled.png
    map.jpg
    dmd-colorize.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

Already here. The software works just fine. Only catch is you have to do a little bracket work, the official mounts aren't out yet.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Kinda digging the DIY ColorDMD...the options to do the coloring yourself is pretty attractive

You mean pick the 4 color palette option? I mean, it's cool, but man, to take your user name as an example, the true full color on Monster Bash looks so nice. I can't imagine my Scared Stiff without it.

Quoted from Dmod:

Oh... and if you happen to be watching our FB page, we've got something else coming too...

A tease for a tease!

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I would love to see how well the multicolor ColorDMD could do with the SM animations in making them "easier to see and understand" as you say.

I could be wrong, but I highly doubt we're going to see any titles with movie clips like SM getting colorized. That sounds like a nightmare to do by hand.

You can smooth it with Sigma, saw that at Expo and I think it did actually make the clips a little clearer. But they're stilly 128x32 monotone images. So I wouldn't expect a miracle, but if you get a chance, check it out, I suspect it's a matter of personal preference.

I guess if Randy is really recruiting people now I'd better stop harassing him about The Shadow unless I'm willing to do it.

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

I'm not sure if we'll ever try to fully colorize the low-resolution movie footage.

You know, it might be interesting to color all the other stuff, and then make the movie footage in like a slightly sepia greyscale. I'd be willing to bet that you could make out the footage better in greyscale as opposed to the stock red.

Randy do you think you could spot the text over the movie footage so it could be colored? Or would that be lost in the noise?

#19 10 years ago

Just for fun I tested my greyscale theory. Personally I find it much easier to take in at a glance, things like the eyes become much clearer. To me at least.

dmd-colorize.jpgdmd-colorize.jpg

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

It's from a designer we haven't covered before.

Shadow dreams crushed.

The clue doesn't mean much to me, so I'm going with World Cup Soccer, since we hosted it the same year as the game, and that maybe ties in with the country graphic, and it's JPop who hasn't been done.

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

They just posted a pic of Homer and Bart on Facebook, so I'm thinking it's gotta be TSPP.

Comment on page says "Nope, not TSPP!"

The designer is still "in the game." <- Man, that would be Dennis Nordman if he wasn't eliminated already!

#63 10 years ago

Well Mark Ritchie isn't really "in the game" anymore, he's not doing pinball. JPop is though.

I have no idea what the Simpsons image is supposed to mean though.

#67 10 years ago

The impression I got from Randy is that this is too soon to see colorized Stern games. I could be wrong, but I'd leave them out of guesses myself.

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Nobody has said Borg!

He didn't do any Williams games, I'm assuming he's out of the picture for now.

#72 10 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Does is have to be Williams? Borg is still in the game with Stern.

Like I said I don't think they're ready to release a colorized Stern game yet, so I'm guessing it's Williams. Pure speculation on my part, the Stern brackets are for Sigma mode only and future color games I presume.

#126 10 years ago

Okay if it's Fish Tales I have one thing to say: Randy, we love you, but your clues suck.

#136 10 years ago

Is there a JPop game that *doesn't* feature a spinning toy? Ball in WCS, trunk in TOM, lamp in TOTAN. I guess CV doesn't really, but that one is out anyways, can't fit an LCD in the DMD spot.

#194 10 years ago
    Quoted from at_t_2d:

Still patiently waiting for Twilight Zone.

Has anyone put a ColorDMD in a TZ and just run it with white dots yet? That would be nice.

Edit: Apparently, thanks Dug.

#216 10 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

In addition, I suspect smoothing of two colors (or more, really) next to each other would be much more complex than just a single color.

In theory the color information could actually lead to some smarter smoothing algos though.

I care not, I'm not a fan of any of the smoothing, the color dots are bad ass and all I want!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-2?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.