5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 240 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Iphone 017.JPG
    TOM.jpg
    hint3.jpg
    153443.jpg
    hint2.jpg
    images.jpg
    153359.jpg
    BugsBunny.jpg
    untitled.png
    map.jpg
    dmd-colorize.jpg

There are 240 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #202 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Come on now. Having a color display is a nice plus. A little bling. It doesn't change the game in any way, it still plays the same.

I really like color dmds, but I don't think it would make me keep a game. I still plan on selling mine.

#203 5 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

It sounds like you would be a very pleasant person to work with.

Randy knows I am just having fun even if you can't figure it out...

#204 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Randy knows I am just having fun even if you can't figure it out...

Everyone else knows I am just having fun even if you can't figure it out... Grumble Grumble

#205 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

Video is posted.

Can't find it on website or YouTube.

#206 5 years ago

Yeah...but he's right your clues suck pinballs....

#207 5 years ago

Need to get Robin to add an emoticon that looks like the SarcMark - then these sorts of misunderstandings can go away.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/12710/13-little-known-punctuation-marks-we-should-be-using

#208 5 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Can't find it on website or YouTube.

Over here - http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/theatre-of-magic-colordmd-9-official-announcement

Why Randy didn't link that, I don't know.

#209 5 years ago

The temptation to buy is gone since I sold my TOM. Thanks ColorDMD.

#210 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Need to get Robin to add an emoticon that looks like the SarcMark - then these sorts of misunderstandings can go away.
    http://mentalfloss.com/article/12710/13-little-known-punctuation-marks-we-should-be-using

I should just make that my new avatar.

#211 5 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Everyone else knows I am just having fun even if you can't figure it out... Grumble Grumble

mental note: Herg is a big smartass just like me

#212 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dmod:

Congratulations to DCFAN for solving the puzzle and winning a ColorDMD T-shirt!
    But did you guys catch any other clues or red herrings?:
    In the second hint, the posting of Bart and Homer was an obvious misdirection (a magician's trick). Another was the hint itself... The designer is still "in the game," an allusion to Tron that many people seemed to miss. I have to admit the image of Ritchie in Fish Tales was a fortunate but unforeseen benefit.
    In the third hint, the "key" feature is Trunk Escape. The word key was in quotes... "Escape" is a key on a keyboard. At the end of the hint, we also told you "the big reveal" was coming... the end of a magic trick.
    Hope you enjoyed playing! ToM video is coming shortly!

Iphone 017.JPG

I'm thrilled as I have a TOM on the rotisserie and will finish a nice high end Brass, CC restoration .This will be the cherry on top.

Don't make any plans to come over for charades though.

#213 5 years ago

What are the reasons colorizing can't be combined with upscaling? Seems like if those 2 could be combined it would be incredible.

#214 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

What are the reasons colorizing can't be combined with upscaling? Seems like if those 2 could be combined it would be incredible.

I'd guess it's the CPU power it would take to do both VS the amount of available power on their current hardware design. But that's just a guess. In addition, I suspect smoothing of two colors (or more, really) next to each other would be much more complex than just a single color.

#215 5 years ago

To me dots look better because it looks like you are looking through a screen which gives the picture the illusion of having more detail. Right now the smoothing is cool but the very low-res nature of the image leaves some nasty jaggies.

#216 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

In addition, I suspect smoothing of two colors (or more, really) next to each other would be much more complex than just a single color.

In theory the color information could actually lead to some smarter smoothing algos though.

I care not, I'm not a fan of any of the smoothing, the color dots are bad ass and all I want!

#217 5 years ago

Same here. Happy with the color dots but the smoothing does look good in black and white on my TZ.

#218 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

In theory the color information could actually lead to some smarter smoothing algos though.
    I care not, I'm not a fan of any of the smoothing, the color dots are bad ass and all I want!

I agree
    color dots for me as well, all the way

#219 5 years ago
    Quoted from pauloz:

Same here. Happy with the color dots but the smoothing does look good in black and white on my TZ.

Just to confirm, if there are color dots, you cannot do smoothing, correct?

#220 5 years ago

That is my understanding Sigma is "Blending"... Color Dots Firmware replaces the stock Sigma firmware thereby replacing the "blending" functionality.

#221 5 years ago
    Quoted from RDReynolds:

Just to confirm, if there are color dots, you cannot do smoothing, correct?

Correct. You can only have smoothing in a single color at present and can only have color dots on supported games.

#222 5 years ago

Guess I will not have a ColorDMD for TOM in time for the Thanksgiving holiday. Bummmer!!

#223 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Guess I will not have a ColorDMD for TOM in time for the Thanksgiving holiday. Bummmer!!

Yeah, a full day to play pinball and its all in boring orange!! Its killing me, I need ToM color!

#224 5 years ago

Still waiting on a sigma here ......

#225 5 years ago

I really like the color DMD's but think my TAF isnt worth the upgrade. If there will be one released for LOTR i will buy it within seconds hahaha

#226 5 years ago
    Quoted from nerbflong:

Yeah, a full day to play pinball and its all in boring orange!! Its killing me, I need ToM color!

Right now, I have red gel in front of my DMD on TOM, Judge Dredd, Corvette, and TZ. They all look good with red.
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/30189U

#227 5 years ago
    Quoted from hb1981:

I really like the color DMD's but think my TAF isnt worth the upgrade. If there will be one released for LOTR i will buy it within seconds hahaha

Sigma support for Stern is released now assuming you are just wanting a single color.
    http://colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

ColorDMD SIGMA 2.3 ROM Update (Updated Nov 16, 2013)

2.3: (11/16/13) Increased number of colors to 97 and added text identifier to menu. Fixed a bug in 2.2 scan line modulation.
    2.2: (10/13/13) Improved upscaling. Support for Whitestar and SAM systems added.

#228 5 years ago

just waiting...Excited but can't stay awake waiting on this to happen.

#229 5 years ago

Right now, I have red gel in front of my DMD on TOM, Judge Dredd, Corvette, and TZ. They all look good with red.
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/30189U

The red looks good, better than orange... I already have a colordmd in Tom, just waiting on the update file

#230 5 years ago
    Quoted from nerbflong:

I already have a colordmd in Tom, just waiting on the update file

Uggghh....I should have bought one when CFTBL was released. I had a feeling TOM was next.

#231 5 years ago

Have them on AFM, MM, STTNG and TZ.

Would get them for my Sterns if they become available.

#232 5 years ago
    Quoted from pauloz:

Would get them for my Sterns if they become available.

Support for Stern games with SAM system is already there with Sigma if you want to make your own mounting cable and modify the bracket. Otherwise that is due out by early December.

2.3: (11/16/13) Increased number of colors to 97 and added text identifier to menu. Fixed a bug in 2.2 scan line modulation.
    2.2: (10/13/13) Improved upscaling. Support for Whitestar and SAM systems added.

#233 5 years ago

Support for Stern games with SAM system is already there with Sigma if you want to make your own mounting cable and modify the bracket. Otherwise that is due out by early December.

Which is great but they do not have them to order on the site!!!!!!!!!!!

#234 5 years ago
    Quoted from magnoliarichj:

Which is great but they do not have them to order on the site!!!!!!!!!!!

They are building more as we speak, and they will be available soon.

#235 5 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

They are building more as we speak, and they will be available soon.

Not soon enough. I wanted one 2 weeks ago when color ROM was announced for TOM.

#236 5 years ago

Not soon enough. I wanted one 2 weeks ago when color ROM was announced for TOM.

You will probably be able to get one before they actually release the color firmware, and have it ready. They will be back in stock later this month or early december. Just keep an eye out, and order one as soon as they have them.

1 week later
    #237 5 years ago

So the color dmd is available for sale today. But I cant find the link to download the software......

#238 5 years ago

Do these fit to the Star Trek LE - anybody tried them yet?

#239 5 years ago
    Quoted from mtdouble:

So the color dmd is available for sale today. But I cant find the link to download the software......

Dmod said on another thread that the ROM for TOM would be uploaded by Saturday.

#240 5 years ago
    Quoted from sillyoldelf:

Do these fit to the Star Trek LE - anybody tried them yet?

Read dmods in stock thread
    New front panel has studs which may prevent install

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 23.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 18.99
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 9,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 26.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 58.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    There are 240 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside