Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by yfz450
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

did it go up for sale last night? they all gone again?

#2 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Yes, and mostly yes at Bay Area and Planetary. There's TAFs listed at Bay Area but they weren't supposed to be ready for another month yet?

#3 11 years ago

The MM is available at bay area right now.

Stock is going up on colorDMD site in approx 20 min supposedly.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

The MM is available at bay area right now.
    Stock is going up on colorDMD site in approx 20 min supposedly.

No MM available at Bay Area.

#5 11 years ago

read main page of site

#6 11 years ago

I woke up at 5AM eastern time and saw BAA had AFM's listed as "in stock", so I finally bought one of them (I need my green Martians).

I figured I'd hold off on the MM until the second run (fingers crossed for a second run).

#8 11 years ago

it says out of stock

edit now back in stock wtf

edit again out of stock lol

#9 11 years ago

go go go go go get them right meow

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

go go go go go get them right meow

ColorDMD site has the MM NOW. Get em! Got mine.

#11 11 years ago

it appears only 25 left on colordmd right now

#12 11 years ago

Finaly got one for AFM.

#13 11 years ago

Thanks for putting up this post I forgot about them coming out today.

Was able to just get one just now at colordmd

#14 11 years ago

i get 40 mm and 31 afm

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

It went up just a few minutes ago.

Got mine ordered for MM

#16 11 years ago

all gone that took like 20 minutes lol

#17 11 years ago

Shit. I got the e-mail as I was walking out the door. Drove to the office, and by the time I got to the site they were all out of stock. Sold out at ColorDMD, BAA and Planetary. I think these guys need to ramp up production.

#18 11 years ago

Wow! Glad I was available this morning or I would have missed them too

#19 11 years ago

ordered mine for MM.

#20 11 years ago

AFM is still in stock run people

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Shit. I got the e-mail as I was walking out the door. Drove to the office, and by the time I got to the site they were all out of stock. Sold out at ColorDMD, BAA and Planetary. I think these guys need to ramp up production.

They had twice as many for MM as they did when they first offered AFM. Still not enough obviously.

#22 11 years ago

Crap.. just got email on phone.. out of stock.
    I hope they're reading this and know they're not making near enough

#23 11 years ago

Damn, totally forgot about this and missed out. Guess we wait for the next batch....plus side is hopefully any bugs will get updated by then.

#24 11 years ago

Wow... that was fast. Looks like I snoozed this time.
    With so many customers eagerly awaiting this product, how do you just produce a handful at a time?

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

With so many customers eagerly awaiting this product, how do you just produce a handful at a time?

Maybe they only have limited funds to order more? They want to keep the market wanting more? i dunno. I got one for my client on afm so i am good.

#26 11 years ago

It's a kind of crappy way to do a wait list though. They shouldn't email blast everyone on the list when they only have 40 pieces. When I create a wait list I only email up the list in order received and only to the amount of people I actually have product to ship for. So, now what? Get back on the email list again and hope I'm not taking a leak the next time they robo blast everyone?

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

So, now what? Get back on the email list again and hope I'm not taking a leak the next time they robo blast everyone?

i know this sucks and i was ready to pay them for a AFM 3 weeks ago. I offered the payment and they wouldnt take it. So yeah we know there good for it why not take pre orders now payment up front and make to order so to speak.

#28 11 years ago

They are working the hype machine but if not careful it could blow up on them real quick.

I am glad I got one, but I also had been religiously checking the website and as of yesterday they updated a specific time that they would be released on the store page. They did exactly what they said and if you had been checking, then you got one with no problem.

It is not always the best way to do business, but keeping demand high and trickling out the supply is typically a good thing with new product that may still have unforseen bugs.

JMHO of course.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

They did exactly what they said and if you had been checking, then you got one with no problem.

wow. thanks.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

They are working the hype machine but if not careful it could blow up on them real quick.
    I am glad I got one, but I also had been religiously checking the website and as of yesterday they updated a specific time that they would be released on the store page. They did exactly what they said and if you had been checking, then you got one with no problem.
    It is not always the best way to do business, but keeping demand high and trickling out the supply is typically a good thing with new product that may still have unforseen bugs.
    JMHO of course.

I have a suspicion that they just can't handle the labor involved with larger batches. Do they have to do any final assembly here? Load the firmware plus all image data?

If it's just one or two guys even doing 100 at a time would be fairly daunting.

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

JMHO of course.

Not only that, but they sent an email on 8-3-12 with an update saying that these would be for sale on 8-8-12 as a heads up.

#33 11 years ago

If anyone bought an extra MM DMD and wants to make a little profit please contact me.

Thanks!!!

#34 11 years ago

I wonder if the mm fw can be loaded on the afm Dmd. I can't see the hw being different.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from sepins:

If anyone bought an extra MM DMD and wants to make a little profit please contact me.
    Thanks!!!

I had 2 in my cart to do that but then decided not to screw anyone over so I just got one.

#36 11 years ago

I got two, but ordered one for a friend that wasn't able to be at a computer at that time.

Glad I was ordering by 10:15 EST. I think they were sold out by 10:25. Yikes!

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

I got two, but ordered one for a friend that wasn't able to be at a computer at that time.
    Glad I was ordering by 10:15 EST. I think they were sold out by 10:25. Yikes!

I had a friend do the same thing for me. For once I was actaully working at work and could not hold down F5 waiting on the site to update. Now I have one for AFM and MM, too bad the next one is TAF i have no interest in that title.

#38 11 years ago

If anyone wants to make $100-200 I'll buy yours at higher prices. PM me if you're interested.
    Edit: one kind person took care of me it seems

#39 11 years ago

Already got shipping info from bay area!

So looking forward to this mod!

#40 11 years ago

Mine shipped yesterday. I noticed it had to be SIGNED for. Make sure your home or someone is.

#41 11 years ago

Mine comes today.

And yes, I am home to sign for it.

#42 11 years ago

I got both coming today. AFM and MM are both going to get the treatment.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Mine comes today.
    And yes, I am home to sign for it.

Bah...mine won't be here until the 15th (My birthday, at least). You west coast folks win this round!

#44 11 years ago

We are still waiting for the new batch of Color DMD displays here in the UK. I'm hoping to pick up my MM display at the UK Pinball Party next weekend. Can't wait!

#45 11 years ago

Got my shipping info! and yes you have to sign and it has to be an adult siggy...I know that from the AFM ones.

I believe it is just a couple guys doing the assembly (as they find/order and receive parts) and also fielding tech updates and issues and making (designing) new ones...They are working very hard to get out new displays for us as well as keeping up with any issues that arise with the ones already out there, and they are trying to please everyone...but as we all know know you can't please all of the people all of the time! They are trying!!! Thanks guys!! As well as putting out an awesome product with great customer service!

Phoebe

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Got my shipping info! and yes you have to sign and it has to be an adult siggy...I know that from the AFM ones.
    I believe it is just a couple guys doing the assembly (as they find/order and receive parts) and also fielding tech updates and issues and making (designing) new ones...They are working very hard to get out new displays for us as well as keeping up with any issues that arise with the ones already out there, and they are trying to please everyone...but as we all know know you can't please all of the people all of the time! They are trying!!! Thanks guys!! As well as putting out an awesome product with great customer service!
    Phoebe

Right. So they should focus on building and shipping the product rather than on making new ones. Once they have stock on shelves the they should make new ones for new machines. They should also make things easier on themselves by having a single hardware platform with a flash chip that contains all the code. As it stands now, a separate factory level platform is required for each system. That means if they have 100 units rather than dynamically programming them as demand requires and shipping them, they must decide the number of one vs the other and potentially have stock sitting idle of one and being out of stock on the others. So just trying really hard isn't necessarily enough. It also requires making good decisions.

#47 11 years ago

Kept missing out too, Got AFM &MM this time super stoked

#48 11 years ago

Got mine installed on my MM last night. It looks great.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Got mine installed on my MM last night. It looks great.

I tried calling you fool.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I tried calling you fool.

I called you back fool.

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-dmd-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.