0609191859c (resized).jpg
0609191859 (resized).jpg
amhcolor (resized).jpg
20190518_074103 (resized).jpg
20190518_074218 (resized).jpg
20190518_073706 (resized).jpg
fri3 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Can someone attending MGC please take some video footage and post it here! Thank you in advance, this is very exciting!

I won't be there, and I don't want to steal anyone's thunder, but...

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Can someone attending MGC please take some video footage and post it here! Thank you in advance, this is very exciting!

Can do! Also editing footage today of something special - stay tuned

Jeremy
Pinball Mayhem

#103 5 years ago

Feast your eyeballs on the magic of the Color Display by LED OCD

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Feast your eyeballs on the magic of the Color Display by LED OCD

That looks awesome. Thank you PM_Jeremy for the video and herg for making this happen!

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

That looks awesome. Thank you cad-kid for the video and herg for making this happen!

Thanks, also thanks to Tallon as he did the install & it's his machine. Oh he's a better AMH player than I am too

#106 5 years ago

On the waiting list!

#107 5 years ago

Here's the instructional video - a bit long at 15 min but Tallon did a great job with the install.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Here's the instructional video - a bit long at 15 min but tallon did a great job with the install.

Great video. Thanks. I'm going to link to it from the installation page.

I do wish there was more clearance for the upper screw so that it didn't touch that backglass channel. Short of a custom bracket (I used the standard one from Pinball Life) or routing the bottom of the backbox like RZSSI, I don't see much choice, though.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Great video. Thanks. I'm going to link to it from the installation page.
I do wish there was more clearance for the upper screw so that it didn't touch that backglass channel. Short of a custom bracket (I used the standard one from Pinball Life) or routing the bottom of the backbox like RZSSI, I don't see much choice, though.

I'm glad you enjoyed the video. It was a fun change of pace for me to be the camera man

You did a great job jumping over the hurdles and bringing this neat mod to the market.

Jeremy
Pinball Mayhem

3 weeks later
#110 4 years ago

Any update on this?

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Any update on this?

Nothing interesting, so I haven't posted.
- All the accessory kits are bagged and ready to put in the boxes.
- I've started installing LCDs in the mounting brackets, but I can't go further until PCBs arrive.
- I'm expecting to hear any day now from the PCB manufacturer that boards are shipping.
- I haven't heard any complaints from @tallon, who had his game at MGC with the display installed.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Nothing interesting, so I haven't posted.
- All the accessory kits are bagged and ready to put in the boxes.
- I've started installing LCDs in the mounting brackets, but I can't go further until PCBs arrive.
- I'm expecting to hear any day now from the PCB manufacturer that boards are shipping.
- I haven't heard any complaints from tallon, who had his game at MGC with the display installed.

Actually pretty good info and happy to know it. Keep it up.

#113 4 years ago

Afaik the display worked perfectly the whole show. The game was positioned in a prime spot within Kinpin's 5000 sq ft "booth". Here's a pic taken during Friday setup.

fri3 (resized).jpgfri3 (resized).jpg
#114 4 years ago

The AMH side cab art really stands out at a distance.

It's almost as if I was once in the sign industry!

#115 4 years ago

I'm still looking forward to getting the kit but I was a bit disappointed after seeing it at MGC. Basically, just wasn't "wow'd" by the coloring jobs. I realize this is understandable given that the game was originally intended to be released as mono so there wasn't time put into it (you can see it in the video link above as well). The color palette is kind of flat. I'm hoping that there will be an option for someone to come in and update the graphic files later with better colorization. I gently poked EP about it at MGC but he says his time is going to be pretty maxed out with other projects for the foreseeable future.

Jaz

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

I'm still looking forward to getting the kit but I was a bit disappointed after seeing it at MGC. Basically, just wasn't "wow'd" by the coloring jobs. I realize this is understandable given that the game was originally intended to be released as mono so there wasn't time put into it (you can see it in the video link above as well). The color palette is kind of flat. I'm hoping that there will be an option for someone to come in and update the graphic files later with better colorization. I gently poked EP about it at MGC but he says his time is going to be pretty maxed out with other projects for the foreseeable future.
Jaz

Why don't you?

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Jaz

I'll readily admit that I'm not artistic. I'm a technical guy, and my main goal was to develop a platform. As part of that, I have done the best I can at coloring many of the scenes. I'm really hoping that someone who IS artistic can carry the torch and complete/improve the coloring.

My source files are available here:
http://ledocd.com/amh_color/index.html
Specifically, my source TIF files are:
http://ledocd.com/files/AMH_CHROMA_TIF_20190331.zip

Also, Ben has offered to share the original game assets:

Quoted from benheck:

Spoke with Harold this evening. Very impressive work!
I can supply the Adobe Premiere and After Effects files for fast colorizing of the modes he hasn't finished yet.
Anybody with the above programs want to help on the effort?

My conversion tools that convert the colored TIF files into stuff to put on the SD card are a bit of a mess. They work for me, but may be difficult for someone else to use. Send me colored files, and I'll be glad to convert and include them.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Why don't you?

Wish I had that kind of talent. I'm not artistic enough... just an engineer. I took at stab at a ColorDMD project once but I couldn't do it justice. EP has the touch though and does amazing work. Based on herg's post above, he doesn't have the touch either. But it sounds like it's ripe if we can find someone who does!

Awesome to hear Herg. If a talent doesn't present itself, maybe I can eventually prod Eric in it...

Jaz

#119 4 years ago

I have all the original files, it's all Adobe Premiere and After Effects files.

Most of it is black & white but since everything is in animation layers would be much much easier to colorized than tracing over flattened dots.

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I'll readily admit that I'm not artistic. I'm a technical guy, and my main goal was to develop a platform. As part of that, I have done the best I can at coloring many of the scenes. I'm really hoping that someone who IS artistic can carry the torch and complete/improve the coloring.

Your honesty and efforts with this project are very much appreciated. While someone with more of an artistic background may be able to put more detail in the colorization, what you were able to do is still so much better than what we're used to with the original display. Can't wait to get mine!

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Wish I had that kind of talent. I'm not artistic enough... just an engineer. I took at stab at a ColorDMD project once but I couldn't do it justice. EP has the touch though and does amazing work. Based on herg's post above, he doesn't have the touch either. But it sounds like it's ripe if we can find someone who does!
Awesome to hear Herg. If a talent doesn't present itself, maybe I can eventually prod Eric in it...
Jaz

So you are going to sit and complain, but expect someone else to do all the work for you, for free? Sounds like pinside...

#122 4 years ago

I think it looks good to me better than i could of done and we should all thank herg for all the work done so far. If someone else add's to it later on even better.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

So you are going to sit and complain, but expect someone else to do all the work for you, for free? Sounds like pinside...

Everything can't always be sunshine and rainbows. If everyone was just a yes man, nothing would ever improve. If there is enough demand for better dots, maybe something will eventually come of it. I am still excited to get my display installed! I never thought a color display would ever be made available for AMH.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Everything can't always be sunshine and rainbows. If everyone was just a yes man, nothing would ever improve. If there is enough demand for better dots, maybe something will eventually come of it. I am still excited to get my display installed! I never thought a color display would ever be made available for AMH.

Indeed color dmd do it lol But i think one herg is doing is fine but could use some polish by a graphics guy.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

You are right, not everything is sunshine and rainbows, but whining when you aren't willing to step up is too common in this hobby. There is no reason he can't put in the work. Nothing is stopping him. Saying that you will bug someone else to do it for you is just a cop out. Complaining that an aftermarket mod that was never a part of the original release is not good enough when it was started up front that someone else can take up the torch is pathetic.

#126 4 years ago

Looks awesome to me. I'm on the wait list, so if anyone gets their Color display and doesn't like the dots, I will gladly take it off your hands

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

- I haven't heard any complaints from tallon, who had his game at MGC with the display installed.

That would be because Tallon has been tied up on other games that didn't get done because of MGC. Everything is still working great. The game did really well at the show. Thanks to Chris for letting me throw it over in his area for the show. I honestly had trouble getting to it most of the weekend, it was played a lot and I think everyone enjoyed it. I'm not sure most people realized it had a color upgrade. I was told not to put signage up as all the displays were sold.

On a side note, I did remember one thing I forgot to mention in the install video. The original display cord can be removed from the MPU as its no longer needed. I remembered when I setup at MGC and when I got home as it hangs down and got in the way of setting the game up.

#128 4 years ago

Mini-update:
PCBs are shipping to me today.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Mini-update:
PCBs are shipping to me today.

...and they arrived today.

I have built two displays and verified that they are working as expected. It will likely take a while for me to build and test all of the displays, but the first invoices will be going out this evening.

I'm really excited for you guys to receive these and I'd love to see some pictures of them installed.

#130 4 years ago

#67 is paid and thanks again for doing this.
-Mike

#131 4 years ago

I appreciate the updates. Looking forward to this!

#132 4 years ago

Paid up. Will install as soon as it arrives at my location. Thanks!

#133 4 years ago

Just building some displays on a Saturday morning.
20190518_073706 (resized).jpg20190518_073706 (resized).jpg20190518_074103 (resized).jpg20190518_074103 (resized).jpg20190518_074218 (resized).jpg20190518_074218 (resized).jpg

#134 4 years ago

Paid and "patiently" waiting. Thanks again for doing this.

#135 4 years ago

When I placed my deposit the number 36 is shown in the description on the receipt - is that my place in line? Just curious.

Glad these are starting to ship. I’m really looking forward to it. Awesome work!

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

When I placed my deposit the number 36 is shown in the description on the receipt - is that my place in line? Just curious.
Glad these are starting to ship. I’m really looking forward to it. Awesome work!

No, the four digit order number is your place in line.

#137 4 years ago

Paid and just sent an email asking for the used display. Was playing this last night and stoked to get the upgrade. Now if i could just fix my trough switch problems and get the ghost magnet to release the ball to the flipper and not sdtm...

#138 4 years ago

Paid up this morning. Thanks again for making these available to us, herg!

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Paid and just sent an email asking for the used display. Was playing this last night and stoked to get the upgrade. Now if i could just fix my trough switch problems and get the ghost magnet to release the ball to the flipper and not sdtm...

You can adjust to "fling" the ball in service mode. Have you tried that? Mine had the same issue with factory settings. Now, with that adjustment... sdtm off the magnet rarely happens .

Brian

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm still going to kick you in the nuts.

Except then you can say ‘hold my beer’ first. Nice...

#141 4 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

You can adjust to "fling" the ball in service mode. Have you tried that? Mine had the same issue with factory settings. Now, with that adjustment... sdtm off the magnet rarely happens .
Brian

It does. I was messing with it this weekend. Fling makes it better. Ben said to check to see if anything was diverting as it fell, nope. It rolls smooth as glass, sdtm lol. Will probably just leave it on fling and live with the cheap drains.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

It rolls smooth as glass, sdtm lol.

That's a bummer. Mine very rarely does that, and I don't have fling turned on. Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions other than the obvious stuff; level, a playfield edge bumping it right, etc.

It looks like some of the early display shipments should be arriving at their homes today. A bunch more are shipping out today. I'm hoping to be able to send out all of the invoices by the end of the week.

#143 4 years ago

Arrived. Will head down shortly to install and try to stream it as well.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Arrived. Will head down shortly to install and try to stream it as well.

That would be great!

#145 4 years ago

Installation was a piece of cake, getting decent internet at my location was not. Took a few hours to dial in settings for my streaming rig at the location, but I had a good game beating 5 of the modes which should give you a pretty good idea about a lot of the animations in the game. The battery dies at one point during the video on the player cam but the playfield and display kept chugging along.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/427713521

This next game I had far better multiball play and fewer modes and I qualified and started Bumps in the Night although I didn't do much with it. Player cam was still out but again you should see a lot of the game's animations.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/427718889

#146 4 years ago

Man, that scoop is working great!

The display looks pretty good, also. You can clearly see that there is still some work to do in coloring things, especially War Fort and Prison modes. Still, it's great to see these games finally getting color.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Man, that scoop is working great!
The display looks pretty good, also. You can clearly see that there is still some work to do in coloring things, especially War Fort and Prison modes. Still, it's great to see these games finally getting color.

Yes and thank you a ton for putting in the time and taking the risk to make this happen. Game got played pretty much all night even after we cut the stream off.

#148 4 years ago

Great to see this starting to come out, big thanks to you @herg. I haven't received the invoice yet, just checking that they haven't been sent out to everyone yet, right?

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I haven't received the invoice yet, just checking that they haven't been sent out to everyone yet, right?

They have not. You're coming up soon, and I expect to have them all out by the end of the week.

#150 4 years ago

All of the invoices have been sent. If you've made a deposit, you should have received one by now. If not, check your spam folder or PayPal directly. You can also send me a message, and I'll try to track it down.

There are 239 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-display-for-america-s-most-haunted-it-s-happening/page/3?hl=mthirkell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.