• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Vengeance_command_chair.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Looking nice!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151907158274244&set=vb.136972659243&type=3&theater

This is why I'm in on the LE. This is a big step up from ACDC... if you watch, the colors change with a gradient. So the technology is there, will all come down to the programming now.

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Looking nice!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151907158274244&set=vb.136972659243&type=3&theater
This is why I'm in on the LE. This is a big step up from ACDC... if you watch, the colors change with a gradient. So the technology is there, will all come down to the programming now.

Nice catch! You are right. There is SO much you can play with here inside the code. Looking foward to my LE!

#3 10 years ago

Can't see it. Don't use FB

#4 10 years ago

This is really looking good. I think Stern is playing this one right, holding the LE to be the later release.

#5 10 years ago

You can see the red dmd in the clearcoat reflection... so those hanging onto some faint hope of a "surprise" should get over it now .

I ordered a Blue DMD.

#6 10 years ago

Yep, looks good. The shots are there, the aesthetics are there and the rules are looking real good at this point. Very excited to see how this goes.

#7 10 years ago

A blue DMD? Why? Please explain why the color of the DMD really matters to you? How is Blue better for Star Trek than red? Serious question here, not messing with you or anything just would like to know.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

and the rules are looking real good at this point.

Did I miss them sending out a code update? When I played it I found the code to be a bit lacking still. Nothing wrong with that at this stage, but a moderate player can more or less see almost everything in the game within 5 plays.

#9 10 years ago

A blue DMD? Why? Please explain why the color of the DMD really matters to you? How is Blue better for Star Trek than red? Serious question here, not messing with you or anything just would like to know.

Look at the blue powder and art of the LE. Blue dmd will look real nice. Plus the blue dmd will add variety amongst my pins already represented with orange, red, and green.

#10 10 years ago

On the premium the armor is red. Plus the playfield artwork is predominantly red. Red is a great contrasting color to blue. Different strokes I guess. It's great that we have a choice these days.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Looking nice!

Thanks for posting the link looks great! Premiums will have the same insert lighting and that is the model I am thinking of getting so I am pretty stoked as well.

On the premium the armor is red. Plus the playfield artwork is predominantly red. Red is a great contrasting color to blue. Different strokes I guess. It's great that we have a choice these days.

Agreed.

#12 10 years ago

The software will define this game - It has all the elements to be great - they just have to put the time into it. We shall see,

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Did I miss them sending out a code update? When I played it I found the code to be a bit lacking still. Nothing wrong with that at this stage, but a moderate player can more or less see almost everything in the game within 5 plays.

Steve Ritchie announced on his facebook page yesterday that Stern will have updated Code, Callouts, Music and Rule Sets for the Launch party in Chicago next week. And that Stern will have them posted then too. I think this is the second update? I believe the first update was about a week after our Austrailian friends posted the videos.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Steve Ritchie announced on his facebook page yesterday that Stern will have updated Code, Callouts, Music and Rule Sets for the Launch party in Chicago next week. And that Stern will have them posted then too. I think this is the second update? I believe the first update was about a week after our Austrailian friends posted the videos.

Awesome! I really want to see things get banged out code wise on this game. The shots are definitely there and I want code that keeps me coming back to play it.

#15 10 years ago

Are those the warp ramp chase lights I see off to the left in back winding around? Could be a nice cool blue effect.

Game is looking sharp. Hopefully it won't be blinding. ACDC isn't so hoping this one isn't either.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are those the warp ramp chase lights I see off to the left in back winding around? Could be a nice cool blue effect.

Forgot about those. I agree, those could be a really nice effect for the warp ramp shots.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Looking nice!

First, I agree. It's looking nice. However, I do not see the colors changing with gradient. These lights are still rgb with about 7 possible colors and it looks like that's how they're using them to me. I think each light board has 3 physical LEDs. I guess we will see in a couple weeks but I'd try not to get too excited. It'll only set you up for disappointment.

#18 10 years ago

7 colors is enough for me and really the human eye does not see too many more then that anyway

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

First, I agree. It's looking nice. However, I do not see the colors changing with gradient. These lights are still rgb with about 7 possible colors and it looks like that's how they're using them to me. I think each light board has 3 physical LEDs. I guess we will see in a couple weeks but I'd try not to get too excited. It'll only set you up for disappointment.

I highly doubt many will be disappointed I mean how many colors for inserts are really necessary. It's cool new feature that Stern is showing off with this release. Us pinheads are a tough crowd to please.

#20 10 years ago

Ill say 7 colors is plenty

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

7 colors is enough for me and really the human eye does not see too many more then that anyway

Game will still look great with seven, but most 'experts' say we can distinguish between 100,000 and 10 million colors. Whatever that's worth.

#22 10 years ago

For crying out loud guys we don't need more then 7 colors really

#23 10 years ago

I hate to even bring up WOZ, really not looking at starting the same boring pissing match, but I've seen WOZ in person and the color changing there is really nice, and allows for a lot of flexibility in the programming. Beyond just "these are the 7 colors we need because we only have 7 modes" or whatever logic. I'd hope Stern was keeping up there, forget the LCD screen.

Easy example, when you hit the fire button and send the attack towards the ship (at least i think you do, only seen vidoes) a wave of lights pulses up. Fine control over colors would make that light show really nice.

Sorry, but saying "we don't need more than 7" strikes me as apologetic and short sighted. Whatever though, I have no dog in this fight, I'm not buying a WOZ, and until the code is finished I'm not considering a Star Trek either. I'd just hope Stern wasn't cheaping out on this.

#24 10 years ago

All I know is I like what I see.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Whoa. Lets hold up for a minute. These are most definitely not limited to 7 colors. In the ACDC menu you can adjust each LED with 100 shades each of red, green and blue. That means 1 million color choices.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Whoa. Lets hold up for a minute. These are most definitely not limited to 7 colors. In the ACDC menu you can adjust each LED with 100 shades each of red, green and blue. That means 1 million color choices.

7 colors or a million colors; as long as it has GI ill be happy.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hate to even bring up WOZ, really not looking at starting the same boring pissing match, but I've seen WOZ in person and the color changing there is really nice, and allows for a lot of flexibility in the programming. Beyond just "these are the 7 colors we need because we only have 7 modes" or whatever logic. I'd hope Stern was keeping up there, forget the LCD screen.
Easy example, when you hit the fire button and send the attack towards the ship (at least i think you do, only seen vidoes) a wave of lights pulses up. Fine control over colors would make that light show really nice.
Sorry, but saying "we don't need more than 7" strikes me as apologetic and short sighted. Whatever though, I have no dog in this fight, I'm not buying a WOZ, and until the code is finished I'm not considering a Star Trek either. I'd just hope Stern wasn't cheaping out on this.

RGB lights can handle more than 7 colors.

I have a feeling the light show will be great on STLE and Prems. We will have to wait and see.

#28 10 years ago

Looks great. Can hardly wait to get my LE.

#29 10 years ago

Well I can tolerate the red DMD for a wile in hopes Color DMD releases a color DMD. I might even consider one of those big ass DMD's that mount on top of the back box in blue. Why Blue you ask, because blue IMO looks better for scenes in space and the ships. Why do you think Earth is called the big blue marble.
I had a picture of the enterprise but could not get it to upload. The new process seems a little flaky
Vengeance_command_chair.jpgVengeance_command_chair.jpg

#30 10 years ago

Looks great!

Is this something that they could do for Metallica or AC/DC if they wanted? Is it mostly software from this point on?

#31 10 years ago

Watching that video again, I'm certain there's a brief 'wash' or gradient between colors. It's not like a light switch.

#32 10 years ago

All this will be demonstrated by Stern at Expo correct?

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Game is looking sharp. Hopefully it won't be blinding. ACDC isn't so hoping this one isn't either.

Yea they look like the Warp Ramp LED Chase Lights and I wonder if they are blue or color changing LED's. Either way it should be a cool effect. I love the chasers on ST 25th.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.95
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-changing-st-lights-shown-on-stern-facebook-page and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.