Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Miguel351
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I bought a couple of color changing LED's at PAGG this year to try out in a few different spots on my pins(primarily the door knob on my TZ) and while I love the colors, I hate that after it transitions from color to color smoothly, it blinks each of those colors afterwards.

Does anyone know of a company or brand that makes a color changing LED that DOESN'T flicker as part of it's "program"? I just want to see medium speed, smooth color transitions. No flickering, no blinking, no flashing.

Also, does anybody make color changers where you can custom pick the colors it transitions to/from?

#2 10 years ago

Wow, really? Nobody has seen this before? Nobody knows of a wedge-base color changing LED that doesn't flicker after the smooth transitions?

Is it possible I've stumped Pinside?

What do I win?

#3 10 years ago

Ablaze from PBL has 555 color-changers that only do the smooth transitions, no flicker. I have a pair in my Congo.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from Phetishboy:

Ablaze from PBL has 555 color-changers that only do the smooth transitions, no flicker. I have a pair in my Congo.

Exactly. I thought I remember seeing 2 different types before, one fast flashing and one slow flashing. Looks like PBLife carries the slower flashing ones....

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2262

#5 10 years ago

I think these slow changing ones might be too slow, though. Well, thankfully I already have a pretty full shopping cart with them. Maybe I'll add a couple to the cart to test out....

Thanks!

#6 10 years ago

Cointaker slow fade do what you want.

http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=835&categoryId=60

Comes in flex or regular, 555 or 47

#7 10 years ago

CT slow fades work perfect. I have a few in some choice spots.

#8 10 years ago

I've got some coming in from cointaker and Noflix, so I'll post about which I like better after they arrive in the mail.

1 week later
    #9 10 years ago

Noflix color changers arrived, and I must say these are of a much better quality than cointaker. Noflix's 555 wedge actually fits snugly into my machines fixtures, while cointaker's 555s fit loosely. It must be that German craftsmanship thing again

#10 10 years ago

What is the rate of color change?
    Smooth transition?
    Do they flash the sequence of colors, too?

#11 10 years ago

I specifically ordered the "slow" fading type from Noflix, which only slow-fade the colors. There are videos of them on youtube if you want to see the change rate. The main thing was these had the traditional bulb-shape diffuse cap on them, which I needed for my overhead ramps and one of my pop-bumpers that has a hole in the top for the bulb to stick through. Noflix also has "superflux" versions without the bulb cap, and those can be used for regular domed pop-bumpers.

The prototype LED I got from cointaker was a fast-fade changer with a flash sequence at the end of the fade cycle. I was informed those were not for sale at this point, and that they couldn't find any prototypes on hand of the kind I requested (a bulbed slow fader).

#12 10 years ago

I bought both ablaze bayonet and wedge from pinball life. The bayonet flickers and the wedge at transitions.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from FirebrandX:

The prototype LED I got from cointaker was a fast-fade changer with a flash sequence at the end of the fade cycle. I was informed those were not for sale at this point, and that they couldn't find any prototypes on hand of the kind I requested (a bulbed slow fader).

That's weird because that's exactly what I bought at PAGG. A wedge based, bulbed, fast changer with flash sequence at the end.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/color-changing-led-options and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.