Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by spiroagnew
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1799.jpg
credit.jpg
banzaiglass13.jpg
banzaiglass12.jpg
banzaiglass11.jpg
banzaiglass10.jpg
banzaiglass09.jpg

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

Game works 100%.
probably one of the nicest examples that exists.
Both playfields clearcoted, game completely restored to as much of an original condition as possible.
I won't list everything that's been done to it since the list is extensive.
All coils and flippers have been torn down and cleaned and are very strong.
New CPR backglass and plastics set, plastics protectors, new sub ramp, new main ramp, every metal part polished to mirror finish, new legs, new cabinet protectors, new coin box cover, new coil rappers, new rubbers etc. etc.
Inserts have LED's and inserts are not cracked like most of these system 11's.
Different colored motocross mods added over corresponding playfield targets and smaller bikes with LED's added on the slingshot plastics.
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
Asking 7500$
http://s377.photobucket.com/user/ALJO1122/library/?view=recent&page=1

#2 4 years ago

Bump!

1 week later
#3 4 years ago

Bump!

#4 4 years ago

The cpr backglass might turn some people off. Collector quality and cpr bg isn't the same thing.

#5 4 years ago

I still have the very nice original backglass that I'll include with the sale.
By the way, the guy from who I bought the game years ago worked at CPR and this is the very backglass that was used to reproduce it at CPR.

#6 4 years ago

Bump!
Back up to 7500$.......if it goes, it's got to be worth the income, the game is too nice, I'll never ever find another one like this one.
Fun game as well, even after 7 years of owning it, I still love game play as much as the first day I bought it.....

#7 4 years ago

looks nice. glws

#8 4 years ago

Thanks!

#9 4 years ago

I've never seen someone bump a sale price back up after dropping it. I think this could be a pinside first!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from ALJO:

I still have the very nice original backglass that I'll include with the sale.
By the way, the guy from who I bought the game years ago worked at CPR and this is the very backglass that was used to reproduce it at CPR.

Huh? The backglass was created using a scan of my backglass here in Florida. I sent them a CD with the scan file on it and dimensions of the glass and they made the repro. Whoever told you that was lying...

Nice game anyway though.

#11 4 years ago

I'm not trying to crap on your sale, but moving the price to $6500, then back to $7500 is kind of strange.

#12 4 years ago

no no no, still way too low of a price. You may wanna up it again.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from ALJO:

Bump!
Back up to 7500$.......if it goes, it's got to be worth the income, the game is too nice, I'll never ever find another one like this one.
Fun game as well, even after 7 years of owning it, I still love game play as much as the first day I bought it.....

This was posted two days ago, and it's still available, so time for another price drop increase.

#14 4 years ago

Would taking it off the market, waiting a few weeks and creating a new thread for $7500 be better? Is there a correct etiquette for lowering price then wanting to raise it back to original?

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Is there a correct etiquette for lowering price then wanting to raise it back to original?

It's not an issue of etiquette, it's an issue of lack of common sense.

#16 4 years ago

I see why, He must have figured out the currency exchange and saw $$$ lol

#17 4 years ago

Bottom line seller can do what ever they want as far as asking price but unless someone is really foolish or really wants a title once a seller starts pulling shit like bumping price up after lowering it most buyers are smart enough to stay away.

In a free market society prices are actually set by supply & demand. Price something too high and it will never sell. Price it too cheap and it is gone in minutes. But bottom line buyers set price all seller can do is ask for an amount but if no one bites the item will never sell.

My comments are in no way saying seller shouldn't ask for what ever they feel they need out of an item. But sellers need to realize most people are only going to be willing to pay a "fair market value" for an item being sold regardless of asking price.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Huh? The backglass was created using a scan of my backglass here in Florida. I sent them a CD with the scan file on it and dimensions of the glass and they made the repro. Whoever told you that was lying...
Nice game anyway though.

I was told by the guy who sold it to me that they used this backglass to replicate the exact color of the of the backglass by checking under the plastic molding surrounding the glass.

Did'nt you guys see the HUO Banzai Run that sold for 10,000$ USD on Mr. Pinball last year?
Another one sold for 6000$ USD on Mr. Pinball that was in a very "usual" condition, and I'm sure you guys saw the one on Ebay that sold for 5200$ USD last year as well and that one was far from being nice.
I think I'm spot on with my price, it took me months to restore this game and many many new parts were added as well.
If it does'nt sell, I don't care, I'll keep it, it's such a fun game, but I can wait the time it takes.....
I know a guy who has high quality games and when he sells, sometimes it takes up to 2 years to get his price but he always gets it.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I see why, he's Canadian. He must have figured out the currency exchange and saw $$$ lol

WTF does being canadian have to do with anything!?!?
so that must make you a dick because your an american?
i was going to oreder your WOZ volume kit but i will never do business with a shallow minded asshole like you.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

WTF does being canadian have to do with anything!?!?
so that must make you a dick because your an american?
i was going to oreder your WOZ volume kit but i will never do business with a shallow minded asshole like you.

Lol ... Was joking about the currency exchange wasn't trying to label Canadians as bad people I should have just posted about the change of money when leaving the USA to another country. Sorry u were offended. Ill edit my post

#21 4 years ago

thanks for that, sometimes the delivery, gives the wrong message.

#22 4 years ago

Here are 2 others Banzai Run's for sale on Ebay, the first has a shot playfield and is partially working at 2800$ USD OBO and the second has what I call a "shot cabinet" and a very ugly playfield for 4500$ USD OBO.
ebay.com link » Williams Banzai Run Pinball Machine Needs A Little Work
ebay.com link » Williams Banzai Run Pinball Machine Nice Looking

The more I see BR's for sale, the more I'm comfortable with my price.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from ALJO:

Here are 2 others Banzai Run's for sale on Ebay, the first has a shot playfield and is partially working at 2800$ USD OBO and the second has what I call a "shot cabinet" and a very ugly playfield for 4500$ USD OBO.
ebay.com link » Williams Banzai Run Pinball Machine Needs A Little Work
ebay.com link » Williams Banzai Run Pinball Machine Nice Looking
The more I see BR's for sale, the more I'm comfortable with my price.

Wait which price the original $7500, the $6500 u lowered it to, or the $7500 u went back up too?
Lol best of luck with the sale banzai run is a fun game.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Wait which price the original $7500, the $6500 u lowered it to, or the $7500 u went back up too?
Lol best of luck with the sale Banzai Run is a fun game.

All three.... LOL

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I've never seen someone bump a sale price back up after dropping it. I think this could be a pinside first!

At least he stopped calling his restorations H.E.P

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-joust-on-ebay-that-isnt-a-hep

#26 4 years ago

When you make a mistake once, you usually don't repeat.... unless you are bad intentioned.

#27 4 years ago

"I see why, he's Canadian. He must have figured out the currency exchange and saw $$$ lol"

I see no offence to this post. All in good fun! Enough with all this political correctness BS ILLVJR I would have never edited my post

Nice BR... I'd be interested but waaaay out of my budget

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The cpr backglass might turn some people off. Collector quality and cpr bg isn't the same thing.

Actually, our BR repro's blew the doors off original. Banzai glasses suffered badly from green-to-teal color shifting everywhere there wasn't trim protecting from light. Even if a BR original glass was perfect with no shedding or a single nick or ding - our repro's were better.

Remember, our spot color glasses are lossless quality, completely vector redrawn at 5000%+ zoom. Brand new inks, and colors are controllable, matched, and corrected where applicable.
Totally a "collector quality" boost in this case.

You might be confusing our spot color glasses with our CMYK glasses....

Dug up some old comparison photos from 2007:

banzaiglass09.jpg

banzaiglass10.jpg

banzaiglass11.jpg

banzaiglass12.jpg

banzaiglass13.jpg

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from ALJO:

I was told by the guy who sold it to me that they used this backglass to replicate the exact color of the of the backglass by checking under the plastic molding surrounding the glass.

Quoted from John_I:

I can confirm both stories for clarity:

I went back and looked at the old (retired/offline) web page for the BR glass, and here were the credits as written on our site back in 2007:

. . . .

Community Credit:
ORIGINAL DONOR FLATBED SCAN contributed by JOHN ILGENFRITZ
ORIGINAL DONOR FACTORY BACKGLASS contributed by TANNER COOK

. . . .

And I can confirm Tanner indeed started working for us a year or two later, and has stuck with us right up until today. He is our CNC operator and head of the wood shop. I have played this Banzai Run at Tanner's place many many years ago.

There were TWO donors that made the repro possible. We always need both a HQ scan AND a physical specimen. Sometimes they are from the same person, sometimes separate. Hope this helps.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

credit.jpg

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from ALJO:

All three.... LOL

I like this guy... Taking a joke in stride. Well done sir.. Good luck with the sale...

Bump

#32 4 years ago

Thanks Kevin. It's nice when vendors or restorers can clarify claims made in FS threads.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

"I see why, he's Canadian. He must have figured out the currency exchange and saw $$$ lol"
I see no offence to this post. All in good fun! Enough with all this political correctness BS ILLVJR I would have never edited my post
Nice BR... I'd be interested but waaaay out of my budget

Hey!
I think I know you, Did'nt we speak together a few years ago about your Banzai Run???

#34 4 years ago

I have been wanting a Banzai Run for a long time now, the prices are out of control on it and its just not worth the price. Yes there are a few guys out there, here and there, that have more money than they know what to do with that will snatch them up, but you'll have to get lucky. I just wouldn't go up over $4000 for this game period and even thats a bit high of a price to pay. Its fairly rare and very unique, but it isn't in the league with games that are much more rare and better players. It is what it is and all it takes is one person to pay stupid money. Some of the quotes on prices paid for this game on ebay are false. Its been documented that the beaten up Banzai on Ebay was never actually sold and later was put up on craigslist. Good luck with your sale.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I just wouldn't go up over $4000 for this game period and even thats a bit high of a price to pay.

That would be my budget as well.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from ALJO:

Hey!
I think I know you, Did'nt we speak together a few years ago about your Banzai Run???

yup ...ended up selling it and my kids got mad at me, so I on the hunt for another.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

yup ...ended up selling it and my kids got mad at me, so I on the hunt for another.

Too bad your budget is'nt a little higher, we're very close to each other, only 2 hours and a half away.
Good luck on your search.

#38 4 years ago

Beautiful game. GLWS.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Actually, our BR repro's blew the doors off original.

You guys did a good job on all of the colors except for the biker's faces. You kept them "paper white" instead of adding their proper flesh tones.

I never understood that.

3 weeks later
#40 4 years ago

Bump!

10 months later
#41 3 years ago

Something has came up in my life and the game is no longer in my last wills....., I'm bumping the listing at a 7000$ USD price.
I can wrap up the game on a pallet for free but buyer must arrange shipping.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

thanks for that, sometimes the delivery, gives the wrong message.

I'm glad this got cleared up, Canada is one of the last few countries that doesn't hate us!

Canada, Mexico, USA, hey we're all 'merican!!!

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I have been wanting a Banzai Run for a long time now, the prices are out of control on it and its just not worth the price. Yes there are a few guys out there, here and there, that have more money than they know what to do with that will snatch them up, but you'll have to get lucky. I just wouldn't go up over $4000 for this game period and even thats a bit high of a price to pay. Its fairly rare and very unique, but it isn't in the league with games that are much more rare and better players. It is what it is and all it takes is one person to pay stupid money. Some of the quotes on prices paid for this game on ebay are false. Its been documented that the beaten up Banzai on Ebay was never actually sold and later was put up on craigslist. Good luck with your sale.

Not commenting on this, but there have been a couple sub 4k that took ages and prices drops to sell. Really been lookng hard at this one, but just not able to get more than 3k of funds together without letting a game go. Soon =P

#44 3 years ago

The thing with this game, from my point of view, is that, if it sells good, but if it does'nt sell, good too (maybe even better) since I'm fed up of restoring pins I'll probably never get another chance to own such a beautiful great playing example ever in my life .....I've owned this game for many years and I just don't get tired of it.
I won't go lower than 7K, this is my baby..... :-)it's well worth it in my book......

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from ALJO:

The thing with this game, from my point of view, is that, if it sells good, but if it does'nt sell, good too (maybe even better) since I'm fed up of restoring pins I'll probably never get another chance to own such a beautiful great playing example ever in my life .....I've owned this game for many years and I just don't get tired of it.
I won't go lower than 7K, this is my baby..... :-)it's well worth it in my book......

You minus well close the tread then...

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

You minus well close the tread then...

No, I want to sell, in other words, I'm willing to wait for the right buyer, that's all.

Like I said 11 months ago from post #18 of this thread : If it does'nt sell, I don't care, I'll keep it, it's such a fun game, but I can wait the time it takes.....
I know a guy who has high quality games and when he sells, sometimes it takes up to 2 years to get his price but he always gets it.

#47 3 years ago

And in 2 years if the market keeps going the way it is all games will be worth more.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

And in 2 years if the market keeps going the way it is all games will be worth more.

Maybe, but better yet, your dollar will be worth less.

So $7000 in a few years will have a real value of $6500 - so the longer you wait, often the price is actually less.

#49 3 years ago

Yes they have definitely dropped off in price this last year as demand has waned a little. GLWS and quality will always demand slightly higher price.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Maybe, but better yet, your dollar will be worth less.
So $7000 in a few years will have a real value of $6500 - so the longer you wait, often the price is actually less.

Well if he extrapolated a few more.years of waiting for a buyer, he would be at $5k, which coincidentally is the amount I'm willing to pay now. Nice pin, by the way.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside