(Topic ID: 241827)

collection status of each game (nailed to the ground, consider sell)

By toyotaboy

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by toyotaboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I know that when people really want a game, they'll sometimes contact random people that own that game. I know on pinballowners.com they give three options:
    1. Never for sale
    2. Possibly for sale
    3. For sale

That way if someone searches for pinballs anywhere in the world, they can see who wants to sell, or would possibly entertain offers. Might be nice to also have this feature on pinside.

Obviously if it's for sale, you'll just throw it in marketplace
    If it's nailed to the ground, you want people to know that you don't want to even be contacted.
    If you're on the fence (you aren't necessarily looking to sell, but might sell for the right offer), then there would be an option to tag it as such.

#2 4 years ago

I think it's a good idea but the truth is everything and everyone has a price.

#3 4 years ago

I’ve never owned a “keeper”. Limited finances and limited space have me rotating pins. I usually keep around 5 pins at home and a few on route.

Quoted from SuperPinball:

That’s correct. Everything has a price, even the most rare prized collector piece can be bought of the price is right.

#4 4 years ago

Nope. I've gotten offered stupid money for some games but they have sentimental value.

Even normally though, I think 'nailed to the floor' is useful to turn away normal offers

#5 4 years ago

Alien.

I'm a mover but after getting a second chance on it, the game is beyond special and I've played many. Been offered very good money on it but not moving. I think if it moves, I'm out of the hobby and doing something else. It's that special.

#6 4 years ago

Depends on the game and how hard it is to find.

My Mystery Castle I'd debate letting go since it is player's grade and they go for silly money now. On the other hand I have been offered a chunk of change above what I paid for Avatar LE and It just won't leave because its too much fun and to tough to replace. then you get into the new stuff like houdini where its fun, but won't get played by anyone but me so I'd trade it out as soon as I find a deal for something I think guests will go for, but still entertain me.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Alien.
    I'm a mover but after getting a second chance on it, the game is beyond special and I've played many. Been offered very good money on it but not moving. I think if it moves, I'm out of the hobby and doing something else. It's that special.

So you’d turn down $25000 or some other crazy price? Just a hypothetical question.

#8 4 years ago

People still contact me on PinballOwners, even if I have it marked "never sell", and I have sold some pins marked as such. I've sold more pins outside of pinside!

#9 4 years ago

Everything has it's price. Everything.

#10 4 years ago

What's the point of ranking pins like that when things always change? Pins get old after a while. New games get released. Sometimes you need space or funds for something else that pops up. If a pin is for sale then just list if for sale. Everything else is just a maybe for the right price.

#11 4 years ago

everything and everyone has a price.

Quoted from snyper2099:

I realize this, but who honestly would pay stupid money for anything unless it's rare, like there's only 2 in all of your country. Anything that is space themed in my collection is nailed down. Would I turn down stupid money like $5k for my space shuttle? Of course not, because even if they don't always come up for sale, I could turn around and offer a higher than market price to get one back fairly easily.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

So you’d be turn down $25000 or some other crazy price? Just a hypothetical question.

Yes I have.....and then some.

John

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

So you’d be turn down $25000 or some other crazy price? Just a hypothetical question.

I would like to say no but 25k? damn.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I would like to say no but 25k? damn.

I didn't say it was $25K, what I said was "and then some".

John

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I doubt anyone offers that sort of thing for an alien so its a bit silly. My pm is a sample and I'd turn down 6k even though you can get a pm for 4k. I doubt anyone ever offers that let alone more.

#16 4 years ago

My PM and Airborne are the pins in which I shall be buried. Everything else is negotiable. I've owned BBB, TBL, and Alien--only Alien remains. And even Alien would be sold for the right price.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I turned down $20,000 for a video card.

No, everything doesn't have a price.

#18 4 years ago

People see things differently!!! I just turned down $10,000.for my RZ Spook show,but offered to get one for him!!!

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

No, everything doesn't have a price.

While I’m sure this isn’t going to happen - I bet you would sell anything you own for $100 million (unless market price for something you own is more than that)

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Barkz:

While I’m sure this isn’t going to happen - I bet you would sell anything you own for $100 million (unless market price for something you own is more than that)

I would take that bet and you would lose.

Money would not change my life very much, its just nothing I put much faith in. I had my own business for several years and accrued an excessive amount of money which brought me not a wit of happiness nor satisfaction and closed my doors after that realization. I find far more satisfaction in helping my friend save his fathers business and quiet time with my wife and family.

And telling people with far to much money to go pound sand when they want something from me and I'm not inclined to part with it.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I would take that bet and you would lose.
    Money would not change my life very much, its just nothing I put much faith in. I had my own business for several years and accrued an excessive amount of money which brought me not a wit of happiness nor satisfaction and closed my doors after that realization. I find far more satisfaction in helping my friend save his fathers business and quiet time with my wife and family.
    And telling people with far to much money to go pound sand when they want something from me and I'm not inclined to part with it.

I get what you mean - but I would just go buy a better version of something if they were willing to overpay. The only thing I may not sell would be a one of one or something along those lines.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Barkz:

I get what you mean - but I would just go buy a better version of something if they were willing to overpay.

And then he finds a bunch of guys like him that tell him to pound sand

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

And then he finds a bunch of guys like him that tell him to pound sand

This did make me laugh!

#24 4 years ago

Ok how about these two options:

* might sell, ask me for a price
    * This is my crazy don't want to sell price (no negotiations)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/collection-status-of-each-game-nailed-to-the-ground-consider-sell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.