IMG_7605 (resized).png
IMG_7374 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0007 (resized).JPG
IMG_0006 (resized).JPG
IMG_2122 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2117 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2118 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 7 years ago

Never figured signs would bee that much of a draw, since there was countless ones made, based on how much money a store or company had. I have a few that i've picked up with my secondary job.. Two are advertising signs far I got cleaning out a workspace, but the rest (save for one!) are from worksites...

The two signal pics are related to my second job, they are supposed to be connected up to an intersection controller, but it's back at the manufacturer getting a part repaired.

1468708600996_(resized).jpg1468708600996_(resized).jpg

1468708639133_(resized).jpg1468708639133_(resized).jpg

1468708673805_(resized).jpg1468708673805_(resized).jpg

1468708702166_(resized).jpg1468708702166_(resized).jpg

1468708725805_(resized).jpg1468708725805_(resized).jpg

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I just thought we'd see how much you city slickers know. They are right above the Gulf sign. It's a handle with a round disc-like object screwed to the bottom.

I've seen these, many, many years back, and at the moment, I cannot recall... My gut is saying something with farming/soil/gardening, but not sure.

1 month later
#79 7 years ago

Well, it's not porcelian, or even enamel. But I had 5 sets of these come in end of last week to be put up this week...

CqQo978UAAIBQf_.jpg large (resized).jpgCqQo978UAAIBQf_.jpg large (resized).jpg

2 months later
#93 7 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Not porcelain but... I purchased this 1970's laundry business sign yesterday over the phone. It's in the shape of a coat hanger, double sided and lit from inside. I haven't seen it in person yet but I think it's about 8 feet wide.
The story goes... my sisters well went dry so she's been doing her laundry outside the home now. She posted this photo on facebook a few weeks ago while she was waiting for her clothes to dry. I saw it and being a vintage sign lover, I had to have it. I called the business and asked if it was for sale. I left my info. The owner finally called me yesterday and sold it to me. Now, I just got figure out how to get it from Maine to Georgia! LOL.
For size reference, that's a cars front drivers side fender in the pic.

I have the perfect place to hang it in the media room.

I have a few signs in the garage that I haven't figured out where to hang yet. >

If you ever wanna get rid of the Eastern sign, lemme know. My dad was a pilot for them for 27 years before they went down. It'd be a fantastic gift for him.

11 months later
#123 6 years ago

For those around Chi-Town, may recognize these..
yXUNRbw (resized).jpgyXUNRbw (resized).jpg
3qMdxNq (resized).jpg3qMdxNq (resized).jpg

And then from our trusted gov't, NOS brass, printed:
zmwHDRs (resized).jpgzmwHDRs (resized).jpg

3 years later
#142 2 years ago
Quoted from SergioJ:

Here’s a few that I’ve had up for a while. I started collecting these through the FIL who was into antiques and going to auctions etc. with him. Unfortunately he’s not collecting anymore, so am going through his collection to see what I want to keep and what should move on. I’ll post more as I get them hung up. I got the distillery sign at the York show one year...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You absolutely MUST get neon back in that Star Model Beer sign, for the love of Zoidburg, please.

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from SergioJ:

Lol! Yeah I’ve thought about it but never looked into it strongly. It’s obviously meant to be a double sided sign and I don’t have the frame or other side to it, so I’m not sure how hard it would be to do it. It’s not very stiff as it hangs now. It’s a great sign though.....
How do other folks handle that?

Not sure it is relevant for this thread, but without the frame/other side, you WOULD need to secure it better, as well as give a place to mount the receptors for the tubes and such. Doable - usually with a cut piece of wood, and mounting the front of the sign to it. That will give enough rigidity to then be able to mount the transformers and tube connections.

3 months later
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I still have my "Open Donuts" old school neon for sale

Neon is always a winner. I would be interested, but sadly won't be up your area for a while.

1 week later
#156 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

How long are we talking? I could possibly hold it for you, we'll I can keep it hanging on the wall that is...otherwise it will get quite heavy hanging onto it after a while........LOL.
John

Looking at where you are, and my next planned trip out towards Nebraska, likely it'd be EITHER this winter sometime (January?), and if not, then next April!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/collecting-porcelain-signs?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.