3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by JayDee
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 257 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0EC73E1D-A128-46FC-8CD3-809229B1E483 (resized).jpeg
SnowmobileCalendar (resized).JPG
Hi-Deal (resized).jpg
AdlerBrau (resized).JPG
yXUNRbw (resized).jpg
zmwHDRs (resized).jpg
3qMdxNq (resized).jpg
IMG_1804[1] (resized).JPG
21762032_10209628461615739_883410714307779917_n (resized).jpg
ZaugsVendingSign (resized).jpg
IMG_2889 (resized).JPG
IMG_2879 (resized).JPG
IMG_2877 (resized).JPG
LAKEHOUSESign (resized).jpg
Gettelman (resized).jpg
IMG_0002 (3) (resized).JPG

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Alex...where did you get the Technicolor sign??

I got it from my uncle. The local Rialto theater burned down many years ago and apparently the sign hung on the building. I believe it's cast aluminum. I could never sell mine as I got it from my uncle and also a piece of local history.

I've seen different variations of the same sign for sale over the years. They pop up on Ebay from time to time.

Here are a couple that were sold.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/101684778/1940s-red-techni-color-movie-sign
http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-1940s-technicolor-movie-459712362

CamelTechnicolor (resized).jpg

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Very cool! Is it going to fit in that spot at the roof peak like you planned?

Quoted from d0n:

I dont think so but I'll find a spot.

It'll fit.

saw (resized).jpg

#103 2 years ago

Here's my latest.

John

IMG_0002 (resized).JPG

Shipsee Auction Nov. 30th 2016, $35+tax (resized).JPG

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I've seen different variations of the same sign for sale over the years. They pop up on Ebay from time to time.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out...

2 weeks later
#105 2 years ago

I had some money set aside for an EM pinball. Discovered this old Blatz sign today at an antique show and bought it instead.

BlatzA.jpg

BlatzB.jpg

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I had some money set aside for an EM pinball. Discovered this old Blatz sign today at an antique show and bought it instead.

Awesome sign

#107 2 years ago

Nice! I like the Blatz memorabilia. When I was a kid, my dad bought Blatz by the case in returnable bottles. He would have me go fetch him one when he was working in his workshop. He pretended not to notice if a sip or two were missing. He still drinks it today at 88.

#108 2 years ago

I didn't know you could still buy Blatz? I'd like to try it. I found a home for the sign yesterday. It makes a nice focal point in my homemade backbar.

TinCeilng (resized).jpg

#109 2 years ago

Unfortunately you can't get it in returnable bottles anymore, but it is available in cans. The brand is owned by Pabst and it is currently being brewed under contract by Miller.

Great spot for the sign!

7 months later
#110 2 years ago

Picked up a few more since my last posting on this thread. 3/4 are local eateries which two of them went out of business yearrrrs ago.

John

IMG_0012 (resized).JPG

IMG_0064 (resized).JPG

IMG_0001 (resized).JPG

IMG_0002 (3) (resized).JPG

#111 2 years ago

This isn't a new sign, I've posted it before. What is new is I found an old pic of it in it's original location. On top of the old Lake House Inn Hotel/Supper Club in the 1940s. Obscured slightly by the tree.

Gettelman (resized).jpg
LAKEHOUSESign (resized).jpg

#112 2 years ago

My family has collected a few signs over the years... here's a few

IMG_2877 (resized).JPG

IMG_2879 (resized).JPG

IMG_2889 (resized).JPG

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

This isn't a new sign, I've posted it before. What is new is I found an old pic of it in it's original location. On top of the old Lake House Inn Hotel/Supper Club in the 1940s. Obscured slightly by the tree.

That's really cool that you can show the sign in it's original location. Very cool!!

John

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

That's really cool that you can show the sign in it's original location. Very cool!!
John

I agree, that is awesome. I do not believe any of the signs we have come across have any possible documentation like a picture

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I agree, that is awesome. I do not believe any of the signs we have come across have any possible documentation like a picture

Thanks, your collection is simply amazing. The cars and the signs...

#116 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Thanks, your collection is simply amazing. The cars and the signs...

Thank you, honestly it's all my uncles stuff, but it's a family effort. It has completely desensitized me from going bananas over expensive and rare cars. If cars or signs are not amazing in their original state, they get a full on professional restoration, even if it takes a very long time to do it right

1 week later
#117 2 years ago

Found this one today at the Flea Market. Nothing fancy, but always fun when you can find one that is coin-op related.

ZaugsVendingSign (resized).jpg

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Found this one today at the Flea Market. Nothing fancy, but always fun when you can find one that is coin-op related.

Nice. Looks like Canteen acquired them in 2013.
https://www.vendingtimes.com/main/articles.aspx?iid=B76D0EACA7D7414F84B3E9AC7365FE98

#119 2 years ago

Picked up a couple this weekend. The vending machine sign I'm guessing came out of a bowling alley

21762032_10209628461615739_883410714307779917_n (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#120 2 years ago

Not porcelain, but I have a Miller High Life bouncing ball sign that needs a new rotating screen. Basically a 4'' wide mylar strip with colored stripes, wrapped around two rotating rollers. Does anybody know if these have been reproduced at all?

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Not porcelain, but I have a Miller High Life bouncing ball sign that needs a new rotating screen. Basically a 4'' wide mylar strip with colored stripes, wrapped around two rotating rollers. Does anybody know if these have been reproduced at all?

Miller made a few different variations of the bouncing ball sign from the 50s-80s. It's a neat effect. Motion signs are an addicting and fun thing to collect.

They reproduce quite a few parts for Hamm's signs as they are the most popular among collectors.
http://www.brewskilights.com

Unfortunately I don't think anyone has reproduced the bouncing ball film? Could be wrong? Motion signs can be kind of like working on old pin though. I have had luck piecing them together from different parts signs. So keep an eye on Ebay. You might find one with a busted case and good film.

There is a pretty fun beer show coming up next weekend that may be a fun place to look for parts or other signs as well.
milwaukee.craigslist.org link

#122 2 years ago

Cool, I may check out that show. I actually have two of the Miller bouncers, one looks like it is from the 80's and this latest one that is actually from 2002. The newer one is of noticeably cheaper construction. Vacuum formed plastic housing, thin aluminum bezel, and the rollers inside are basically cardboard tubes with a rubber band around it for friction. It does not look like it will hold up over the years like some of the classic signs of yesteryear. I like the look of it though, and would like to get it running again. I just don't want to invest more into than it's worth.

I've done a searched most of those sites for the Hamm's stuff and neon repair, but no luck so far on Miller motion lights.

Thanks for the info Alex.

IMG_1804[1] (resized).JPG

#123 2 years ago

For those around Chi-Town, may recognize these..
yXUNRbw (resized).jpg
3qMdxNq (resized).jpg

And then from our trusted gov't, NOS brass, printed:
zmwHDRs (resized).jpg

2 years later
#124 10 days ago

Man I can't believe its been two years since myself or anyone has posted in this thread. I've bought tons of signs/advertising goodies since then. Anyone got any pictures to post, porcelain or not?

John

#125 10 days ago

Picked up this Adler Brau Clock last year. And recently the framed Wrigley's sign (cardboard standee) to the right of Hi-Deal. Also this 1974 NAPA calendar, Elvgren is one of my favorite pin-up artists and I like anything with a vintage snowmobile on it. Nothing porcelain recently...
AdlerBrau (resized).JPGHi-Deal (resized).jpgSnowmobileCalendar (resized).JPG

#126 10 days ago

I picked this original double sided porcelain sign up because it reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom would save up these stamps
0EC73E1D-A128-46FC-8CD3-809229B1E483 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 49.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
$ 71.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 89.99
$ 92.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside