Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stooges (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 9.19.31 PM (resized).png
IMG_1970 (resized).JPG
IMG_20161108_082455 (resized).jpg
SpinalTap_DontLook (resized).jpg
09A4DFA5-071A-4347-849C-1D45E3AA09BF-193-000000096B1C307D_tmp (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadderack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Adding a few categories:
1b. Players with (little or) No skill (or no time). They're not looking for CQ pins on the market, they just want a working game. Most can still fix basic things, change rubbers, fuses, check connections, send a board for repair... but prefer playing over trouble shooting. No interest in modding the game, except to correct design flaws (air balls, etc). They can live with an esthetic flaw... but can't stand a non working

Sounds like me too. The only people I disdain in the hobby are the disdainers. Arrogance is acceptable in very small doses in very few things in this world IMO. So what if the only types of games someone likes are 90s era DMD? Their money and their interest help the hobby too.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

6. Cliquers - geographically blinkered with a limited in group

One would think that pinball would be a lot more of a social (socially open) hobby if for no other reason than statistically pinheads are deviants... in terms of society as a whole. Pinball isn't an everyday, household hobby everywhere so it would seem that pinheads would be more socially accepting of each other.

Outside of my new league I sadly haven't found that to be the case. Maybe I'm into pinball for the wrong reasons.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
30,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Victoria, BC
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadderack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/collecting-and-playing-pinball-the-rift-has-widened?tu=chadderack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.