(Topic ID: 218462)

Collectible Insurance Services?

By REDEYE

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viper001.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 years ago

There have been many posts on this particular subject. I was once very sure of my particular position (I only have a contents replacement homeowner's policy), but I'm no longer 100% sure that I'm good. I do have emails from my agent assuring me that I'm good, not sure how much that will help me if there is a problem.

What I do know is these collector's policies are a very good deal for the companies that sell them. The reason being is they are almost always considered secondary coverage to your normal homeowner's policy. So what that means is they will sit back and wait to see what that policy pays out. If it is less than what you can prove you collection is worth, they will eventually pay you the difference. So let's say your Allstate policy screws you over a bit and only offers you 20k for a collection you insist is worth 25k. The $700 a year collector policy will only be on the hook for 5k in coverage. Not a good value for money spent IMHO.

Probably the only safe bet it to individually schedule out the collection on your primary policy. But also, I am not an insurance agent or adjuster, everyone should figure this out for themselves. Just realize if you buy collector insurance they will not be cutting you a check for 70k the day after your house burns down.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viper001.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/collectible-insurance-services?tu=viper001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.