Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nelly
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E86C755A-FF7C-458C-87CE-87A01DCB4891 (resized).jpeg
    F28ECB3F-79CF-4D7B-9D55-D852B6F70D05 (resized).jpeg
    C202CFE2-9DEF-44F3-81C1-6F89E8C864E6 (resized).jpeg
    9971ECE3-6759-44D6-8603-8CDE6A2FB6D6 (resized).jpeg
    6838BC38-FD84-4D0E-B867-56B811A697DC (resized).jpeg
    Atlantis_Pinball_2.jpg
    image.jpg
    images_2.jpg
    maxresdefault_2.jpg
    image-17_2.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    angle.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

New to Mr Pinball Australia
    Collectable Limited Edition Bally Centaur Skateboard $149.00

Centaur Skateboard

Skateboard featuring iconic Bally Centaur backbox graphics In keeping true to these American roots, these collectable boards are proudly Made in the USA, using premium North American Maple plywoods by one of the countries longest running board manufacturers. Where possible, all graphics are silkscreened by hand, direct to the board and further adding to the uniqueness of each item. The first in a series of collectable, fully licensed skateboards suitable to display on your game room wall!

angle.jpgangle.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Love it!
    Please make a longboard!

#3 8 years ago

Is the $149 shipped?

#4 8 years ago

That is sweet

#5 8 years ago

Nice. i collect vintage 70's dogtown boards but I see the need to have one of these.

#6 8 years ago

Contact us for shipping costs

#7 8 years ago

My question is

This a display only board, or suitable for actual use?

#8 8 years ago

How many will be sold as part of this "Limited Edition"?

#9 8 years ago

Snowboard next?

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

My question is
    This a display only board, or suitable for actual use?

You can add wheels and use

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from twenty84:

How many will be sold as part of this "Limited Edition"?

These are meant to be collectable, limited numbers, so they can be swapped and sold etc

#12 8 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

You can add wheels and use

Okay cool, I have someone in mind, thanks

#13 8 years ago

how about late 80's style old school board? http://www.wholesaleskateboard.com/longboards.htm

flippy tricks are for noobs

-c

#14 8 years ago

cheaper here...
    http://www.platinumpinball.bigcartel.com

I stand corrected. Mr pinball Australia is actually cheaper at the current conversion rate by $3.75usd.

Still as expensive as hell when most decks sell for $50usd. Must be the hefty license fee.

#16 8 years ago

Why did I have to see this thread!?!?

My name is PW79 & I have a skateboard problem...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#17 8 years ago

My problem with skateboards has always been that they didn't stay under my feet!

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

My problem with skateboards has always been that they didn't stay under my feet!

Strap yo gat to it for additional balance.

Use the 33rd mag for longboards lol

That's a bootleg Grosso Alice deck below. Got dayum beautiful!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

image.jpg

Absolutely KILLER collection there!

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

image.jpg

Dang, that is a nice bunch of decks you have there. Had friends with the Jason Jesse and the Psychostick - watched both of those get shredded to pieces. Still have my SC Slasher though!

#21 8 years ago

Any other sizes available?

Is it licensed art?

Who did you get blanks from?

"maple" means as much as huo these days in the skateboard world.

"Where possible, all graphics are silkscreened by hand, direct to the board"

Sound great is that happening on these decks?
    or only when "possible"?

I'd buy one to ride an one for a wall hanger if it was licensed, sized, shaped, and priced appropriately.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from renodakota:

Any other sizes available?
    Is it licensed art?
    Who did you get blanks from?
    "maple" means as much as huo these days in the skateboard world.
    "Where possible, all graphics are silkscreened by hand, direct to the board"
    Sound great is that happening on these decks?
    or only when "possible"?
    I'd buy one to ride an one for a wall hanger if it was licensed, sized, shaped, and priced appropriately.

Good questions,

- The product is approved, and fully licensed under Planetary Pinball Supply.

- The boards are manufactured in the USA, start to finish (including art) in one of the longest running board shops. (insert sales pitch here) They still press boards for a number of leading skate brands

- When the art style permits, the graphics will be silkscreened. In the case of the Centaur graphic, 3 colours and large bleed areas meant we could move forward with this process on this board. For later model games, the graphics become more intricate so a more modern process will be employed. We will communicate that with collectors though so you know what you are buying.
    But to answer your question, ALL Centaur boards are hand silkscreened from the factory, the old school way

If you have any other questions, just fire away!

Tim

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

image.jpg

I would have a hard time not skating those.

I have a few boards remaining but they are trashed. Would like to see more alva boards on that wall

#24 8 years ago

That came off rude.
    I don't mean to nitpick but I am passionate about pool skating and pinball.

I would ride the wheels off of a centaur deck and get some for my friends if it was a good size and a good wood.

#25 8 years ago

Not really . Price in the OP's first post is Australian Dollars . Price on the Platinum Pinball site is in US dollars . Works out about the same . Just depends on where you live as to where to buy it from to save on postage .

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from platinumpinball:

Good questions,
    - The product is approved, and fully licensed under Planetary Pinball Supply.
    - The boards are manufactured in the USA, start to finish (including art) in one of the longest running board shops. (insert sales pitch here) They still press boards for a number of leading skate brands
    - When the art style permits, the graphics will be silkscreened. In the case of the Centaur graphic, 3 colours and large bleed areas meant we could move forward with this process on this board. For later model games, the graphics become more intricate so a more modern process will be employed. We will communicate that with collectors though so you know what you are buying.
    But to answer your question, ALL Centaur boards are hand silkscreened from the factory, the old school way
    If you have any other questions, just fire away!
    Tim

Suggestion: Be great to see some horizontal designs too. I have spots where I can mount a deck sideways, but not vertically.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Suggestion: Be great to see some horizontal designs too. I have spots where I can mount a deck sideways, but not vertically.

Noted! Excellent point

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from platinumpinball:

Noted! Excellent point

I do honestly prefer vertical decks generally. But just thinking, people often have some space over their pins, enough for a horz deck, but not a vertical. A row of pins with a line of pinball decks above them would be sweet.

#29 8 years ago

I corrected my post not realizing is was in Aus and not USD. My bad.

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from renodakota:

That came off rude.
    I don't mean to nitpick but I am passionate about pool skating and pinball.
    I would ride the wheels off of a centaur deck and get some for my friends if it was a good size and a good wood.

For size reference here's a picture of mine next to a Blind, Element and Alien Workshop boards.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Great idea Aurich . Decks mounted as toppers on top of a headbox would be cool , or as you mentioned horizontally on the wall above each pin .

#32 8 years ago

Grand Lizard

image-17 (2).jpgimage-17 (2).jpg

needs some work but I have confidence in you.

#33 8 years ago

I'm guessing the $40 shipping right now is from Australia? Just wondering if it would be better for those of us in the US to order from Planetary when they get them.

#34 8 years ago

Obvious Radical designs

images (2).jpgimages (2).jpg
    maxresdefault (2).jpgmaxresdefault (2).jpg

#35 8 years ago

How many in the series, and any sneak previews on next ones? Also,how long till the whole series is done? Great work btw, would love to have one (or few) on my wall

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Obvious Radical designs
    images (2).jpg
    maxresdefault (2).jpg

These are sick ideas - our inbox has been hit with a fair few requests for Radical graphics on old school fish tail shaped boards... system11 series cant come quick enough!! Keep the ideas rolling (pun intended).

#37 8 years ago

Im looking for the swag flu for my radical topper image.jpgimage.jpg

#38 8 years ago

Sorry but every time I check this thread I think of another idea.

Atlantis Pinball (2).JPGAtlantis Pinball (2).JPG

Even Skateboarders gotta love women riding dolphins.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Sorry but every time I check this thread I think of another idea.
    Atlantis Pinball (2).JPG
    Even Skateboarders gotta love women riding dolphins.

No apologies required! Loving the feedback

1 month later
    #40 8 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Obvious Radical designs
    images (2).jpg
    maxresdefault (2).jpg

^^^THIS^^^

3 years later
    #41 4 years ago

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I am wondering if there is anyone out there that has one of these Centaur decks that would be willing to trade for a Xenon deck? Please let me know! Thanks!
    6838BC38-FD84-4D0E-B867-56B811A697DC (resized).jpeg6838BC38-FD84-4D0E-B867-56B811A697DC (resized).jpegC202CFE2-9DEF-44F3-81C1-6F89E8C864E6 (resized).jpegC202CFE2-9DEF-44F3-81C1-6F89E8C864E6 (resized).jpeg9971ECE3-6759-44D6-8603-8CDE6A2FB6D6 (resized).jpeg9971ECE3-6759-44D6-8603-8CDE6A2FB6D6 (resized).jpegF28ECB3F-79CF-4D7B-9D55-D852B6F70D05 (resized).jpegF28ECB3F-79CF-4D7B-9D55-D852B6F70D05 (resized).jpegE86C755A-FF7C-458C-87CE-87A01DCB4891 (resized).jpegE86C755A-FF7C-458C-87CE-87A01DCB4891 (resized).jpeg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/collectable-pinball-skateboards and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.