(Topic ID: 271940)

Collect bonus issue on Bally Sea Ray (71)

By Riksvei22

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Riksvei22
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
15933757525961464815926751339641 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hi all
This is my first pinball machine and first post on the forum. I just got this cool machine home in one piece, and after soldering a loose wire and clearing out the money chute I fired it up with 95% success

The issue I have is when i advance bonus to 4000+ and collect bonus the score motor unit is stuck giving 4000 points over and over. This happens both in the top hole and on the right side. The eject functions work when I claim 0-3000 points.
Can anybody point me in the right direction?

All tips and ideas appriciated.

15933757525961464815926751339641 (resized).jpg15933757525961464815926751339641 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Riksvei22:

The issue I have is when i advance bonus to 4000+ and collect bonus the score motor unit is stuck giving 4000 points over and over. This happens both in the top hole and on the right side. The eject functions work when I claim 0-3000 points.
Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Congrats on getting a great machine and welcome to Pinside!!

I'm not sure why it would change from working up to 3000, but the one common thing for both is the motor sw. which appears to be 6A. Depending on how the score motor is set up, you will count the cams either from L>R or Front>Back and the switch lettering starts at the bottom. So, find the switch, which is supposed to be NO (normally open) and make sure that it is clean and makes solid contact when the cam is rotated. I've found the easiest way to do that is to loosen the screws on the stack and run a swab and 91 rubbing alcohol thru it. Carefully re-tighten the screws, making sure that the whole stack is nice and straight.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#3 3 years ago

Here is a picture of the score motor and here is a link to Clay's superb EM guide (bookmark!!): http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index1

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4 3 years ago

Does the Bonus Unit 1 Step Reset solenoid activate when this happens? This could be a mechanical problem in the Bonus unit.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Does the Bonus Unit 1 Step Reset solenoid activate when this happens? This could be a mechanical problem in the Bonus unit.

The solenoid works but the bonus wheel is stuck on the 4th notch. I'll take off the playfield and try to clean the bonus unit.

Added over 4 years ago:

Update: that did the trick. Thanks both for helping out.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/collect-bonus-issue-on-bally-sea-ray-71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.