Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Murphdom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191207_201311_com.android.chrome (resized).jpg
    67D6F964-A6D2-4F39-A764-B0706C446188 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mahoyvan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I’ve read that Coleman camp fuel is actually naptha, but is it really?

I have this kickin in my garage, but it doesn’t list Any ingredients on the tin.

67D6F964-A6D2-4F39-A764-B0706C446188 (resized).jpeg67D6F964-A6D2-4F39-A764-B0706C446188 (resized).jpeg

A quick Google states: “Coleman fuel is a mixture of cyclohexane, nonane, octane, heptane, and pentane.” Whatever hell those are, but none actually naptha..

Is it suitable to clean/once-over on newer Sterns?

#10 4 years ago

Thanks for the replies everyone. Much of it WELL above my head, but who doesn’t need a good ‘huh’ now and again!

Im dealing with very light duty. A microfiber cloth would work well enough to get the light ball trails and dust off, but I’m thinking that dampening the cloth with something would be even better.

Im guessing Novus 1 is what I’m looking for, but wanted to find something in the meantime as that will require an online order. I also live in tiny a 1 horse town.

#12 4 years ago

Any version of Novus requires an order, which in my case means US/CDN conversion, shipping up the bHole and maybe duty, so I’m more so lookin for a common solution while i build up a hassle worthy order.

Furthermore, I think anything with abrasive additives is over kill at this point, im really just lookin for a safe ‘something’ to give a light wipe down.

Any other votes for iso prop? Any other suggestions all together that you could find in a standard hardware store?

Thanks

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

If there is anything you need that you can’t get where you live let me know. I don’t mind getting it for you and shipping it to you.

Thanks so much Murphdom, that's above and beyond!
    I do have a pretty good list of stuff building up so I'll need to bite the bullet sooner or later, but I do appreciate the offer!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mahoyvan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/coleman-camp-fuel-naptha?tu=Mahoyvan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.