2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by mbaumle
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Question, i need to load up a machine into my vehicle for a swap tomorrow and want to do it tonight, which would mean that it sits inside my vehicle parked in the garage overnight. it's supposed to be in the 20's tonight, maybe i am overthinking this but does anyone see an issue with it sitting overnight in sub thirty degrees temps? like i said, it will be inside my vehicle but want to get another opinion. thanks in advance.

#2 2 years ago

No issues, as I’ve done it. Just don’t power it up for a few hours after it gets warmed up inside.

These ARE commercial machines, designed for some abuse.

#3 2 years ago

What the hell are you thinking!!!??? Yeah, it’ll be fine. They’re being exposed to more temperature spikes during shipments. Just let the game acclimate before turning on inside the house.

#4 2 years ago

thanks gents. didn't think through waiting to power it up but shouldn't be an issue because i will be transporting it for a few hours with climate control in vehicle but great point, one i didn't consider.

#5 2 years ago

The big reason to let the game acclimate to temperatures is because if you're moving it from a cold location to a warm location, condensation can form on the boards and create electrical shorts when you turn it on. Just something to keep in mind.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!