0Surf-Champ-Work-30 (resized).jpg
0Surf-Champ-Work-29 (resized).jpg
0Shangri-La-tricky-Solution-Save (resized).jpg
0Aquarius-Work-05 (resized).jpg
0Aquarius-Work-04 (resized).jpg
0Aquarius-Work-03 (resized).jpg
0Aquarius-Work-01b (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Hi Rolf-It is a standard 1156 car bulb (US) = "Philips 1156 Standard Auto Bulb (Pack of 2) Philips brand miniature automotive lamp. 26.9 Watts and 12.8 volts. S-8 size and shape, single contact bayonet base."

#52 5 years ago

Hi currieddog
no luck - I visited the mentioned store - no answer like "Yeah - it is because ...". The people said "mysterious - aha - AC-Current - maybe kind of flash due to Hertz - or - or - or --- many "maybes" and when they started questioning the OHMs (1.5 to 2.1 Ohm) on the Aquarius-Relays - 1.5 Ohm is impossible - maybe 1.5 Kilo-Ohm: I stopped the discussion and asked "how about putting an resistor there (instead of the Test-Light)" - they adviced 8.4 OHM - 30 Watts. Hmm - maybe an 8.4 Ohm, 30 Watt resistor does the job - maybe - maybe not. For sure such an 30 Watt (!) resistor will cost a lot ...

I look in pinside at Your collection of pins - several Gottliebs - may want to buy (from PBR) an Gottlieb-A-9746-Coil as a replacement on the P-Relay - maybe with an new coil the problem vanishes ? - may want to buy an Gottlieb-A-9746-Coil when You are buying other stuff needed for another pin (?)
A lamp is good for maybe 2000 to 3000 hours --- when You mount the 24Volt-Test-Light (dim lighting) the life-span will be longer -
my suggestion is: Mount an Test-Light permanent - make an good documentation and live with the situation. I have no more ideas - I did ask experts in the store*** - there is nothing more I can do to help You.

experts in the store***: It is a store for Hobby-ELECTRONICS (making me an receiver or an amplifier or whatever --- it is not for EM-pins) --- Yes, they sell relays - to use in printed circuits --- such relays they know --- look here https://gfinder.findernet.com/public/attachments/40/EN/S40EN.pdf on page four - the 40.52 type (size about two sugar-cubes) --- I bought such relays 6VAC, 24VAC, 48VAC, 220VAC - nice handy, practical. See on page 9 "AC coil data" - 6Volt-Coil has 21 OHMs, 24Volt-Coil has 320 OHMs, 110Volt-Coil has 6900 OHMs means 6.9 Kilo-OHMs. So I accept when they question the 1.5 to 2 OHMs on 1970ies-pinball-relays.
Greetings Rolf

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

there is nothing more I can do to help You.

NOOOOO!!! Say it isn't so, Rolf!

I actually do have a new coil. I bought it a while ago, but then went back and forth about whether it should be changed. Might as well give it a try. Maybe a tiny break in the wire or something.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

If you'd like a phone call, PM me some contact information.

Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

there is nothing more I can do to help You.

Quoted from currieddog:

NOOOOO!!! Say it isn't so, Rolf!

#55 5 years ago

Hi currieddog
I see no problem YOU have a permanent hooked-up LAMP on an relay --- I enjoy my Shangri La with an permanent hooked-up RELAY*** on a lamp --- rewarding me an Extra-Ball when the lamp lights-up --- see the JPG - it is very hard to get - when the red light below the text "Special" lights up: ALSO my RELAY*** pulls-in and I have gained an Extraball. See the wire to "my letter 'S' on the playfield" - a simple connecting wire to the tip of the lamp below the playfield.

RELAY***: It is an Finder-6VAC-Relay - see the link in post-52. Greetings Rolf

0Shangri La-my-Extraball-Relay (resized).jpg0Shangri La-my-Extraball-Relay (resized).jpg
#56 5 years ago

Well this is odd: the new coil only reads .2 ohms. But it should be up around 1.6 or so, yes?

#57 5 years ago

Hi currieddog
have "old coil free of connecting wires" and have "new coil free of connecting wires" - then measure --- does the old coil has about 1.5 to 2 OHMs - and new coil has 0.2 OHMs ? Then I'd say: New coil is bad - buy another one. Greetings Rolf

#58 5 years ago

Well, after all that ... the coil (P). And the plate was fairly cruddy, too. And I used the one I had after chatting with Steve at PBR. Thanks to everyone who checked in, esp. Rolf!

5 months later
#59 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Well, after all that ... the coil (P). And the plate was fairly cruddy, too. And I used the one I had after chatting with Steve at PBR. Thanks to everyone who checked in, esp. Rolf!

So what was the eventual solution? Replace the P coil ?

#60 5 years ago

Yes, oddly enough. The new and old coils had the same ohm readings, but NOW IT WORKS CORRECTLY!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cold-case-files-aquarius-kickout-hole-scoring/page/2?hl=jethrop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.