View topic image gallery

IMG_4583.JPG
IMG_4584.JPG
CoinTakers_New_8_Led_Flex_Flasher_006..jpg
CoinTakers_New_8_Led_Flex_Flasher_004..jpg
CoinTakers_New_8_Led_Flex_Flasher_003..jpg
CoinTakers_New_8_Led_Flex_Flasher_002..jpg
#1 10 years ago

I ask'd Chris if he would design a Flex Flasher that Would direct ALL the Light 2-ward's the insert ,

Wham Bam ,, The 8-Led Flex !! These are Pure Awesome ...

CoinTaker Should have these Flasher's on Their Web site by the weekend ....

Here's a Short Demo- of the 89 Flex Flasher's on my IM ..

CoinTakers_New_8_Led_Flex_Flasher_002..jpgCoinTakers_New_8_Led_Flex_Flasher_002..jpg CoinTakers_New_8_Led_Flex_Flasher_003..jpgCoinTakers_New_8_Led_Flex_Flasher_003..jpg CoinTakers_New_8_Led_Flex_Flasher_004..jpgCoinTakers_New_8_Led_Flex_Flasher_004..jpg CoinTakers_New_8_Led_Flex_Flasher_006..jpgCoinTakers_New_8_Led_Flex_Flasher_006..jpg

#2 10 years ago

My wallet...

#3 10 years ago

Bad ass!!! Good call those were much needed for some of the things us modders would like to do.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

My wallet...

LOL ,,,,, It's All Good !! Chris told me that the Flex Flashers will be the Same price as the FlatTop 8 Led flasher's ,, under $ 2.00 after the 15 % discount ..

#5 10 years ago

Now those are very cool, great idea!

#6 10 years ago

Great idea. I was replacing some flashers the other day and was not liking how the flasher was not getting the flash where it needed.

#7 10 years ago

Nice, these are needed! I put some of the regular flat flashers in my WCS94 and half of them have no effect as they were perpendicular to the globe.

#8 10 years ago

THESE are going to be AWESOME. I need to check colors.... but looks like a pink might be available.... based upon the base colors in pics above.

Oh yeah... I have wanted something that flashes a little faster and is bright, and flexible.

#9 10 years ago

I honestly wish that someone would come up with a STROBE LED... These would be great for things that you want to use as an attractant, like perhaps in the game over graphic on the back box... or anywhere that you really want to highlight that comes on briefly during game play.... please... someone make an LED STROBE for pinball!

#10 10 years ago

Looks like a good LED . Wish the flex wires were a tad longer.

#11 10 years ago

Looks really good!

#12 10 years ago

Just what my WD? needs for the shoot again insert!
Awesome!
D

#13 10 years ago

Would be nice , if I ever remember the discount .

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

I honestly wish that someone would come up with a STROBE LED... These would be great for things that you want to use as an attractant, like perhaps in the game over graphic on the back box... or anywhere that you really want to highlight that comes on briefly during game play.... please... someone make an LED STROBE for pinball!

Are you the guy that came up with the <blink> tag?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Would be nice , if I ever remember the discount .

Just email me if you forget your discount will got back in and refund it...it may take me a day or so, but I will do it...

#16 10 years ago

Anyone tried the 906 version of these behind the ACDC lightning bolts?

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Anyone tried the 906 version of these behind the ACDC lightning bolts?

Good idea!

#18 10 years ago

Bump 4 a Great Product ,,,,,,,

These 8 Led Flex Flashers are Pictured and on CoinTakers Web site Now !!

http://shop.cointaker.com/category.sc?categoryId=8

#19 10 years ago

Awesome!!!!! Will order this week!!!!!

Will look great in my new WCS94

#20 10 years ago

Not a good idea; you will seriously need shades if your going to play with flat 8s pointed towards the player. I put them in the backbox flashers of avengers; an hour later I thought I was on acid and going in a seizure...and I wasn't playing pinball anymore

Seriously; these will kick ass for flashers in very obscure and hidden locations where you wouldn't even know a flasher existed unless you were in flash test menu.

*edit*
Examples would be the flasher pointed at hulk. Or flasher pointed at magneto. Or the flasher behind the moving band in ACDC prem. or under Optimus prime in TF. Pretty much anywhere that is not directed at the players vision.

#21 10 years ago

Now that's bad AZZ I think I need to order some

#22 10 years ago

But The best thing about these is they are flex! So you can adjust them to not blind you.

#23 10 years ago

Very Very Cool!!! And Thank you for keeping them on the less expensive side!

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not a good idea; you will seriously need shades if your going to play with flat 8s pointed towards the player. I put them in the backbox flashers of Avengers; an hour later I thought I was on acid and going in a seizure...and I wasn't playing pinball anymore
Seriously; these will kick ass for flashers in very obscure and hidden locations where you wouldn't even know a flasher existed unless you were in flash test menu.
*edit*
Examples would be the flasher pointed at hulk. Or flasher pointed at magneto. Or the flasher behind the moving band in ACDC prem. or under Optimus prime in TF. Pretty much anywhere that is not directed at the players vision.

You have obviously never played a modern Pachinko machine, haha, all LEDs are bright flash and point directly into your eyes! That is part of the fun of flashers, they are supposed to be bright for a brief moment.

#25 10 years ago

B.R. had a great idea with these. They are great for a lot of different spots. I'm really liking them. Way to go B.R.!

#26 10 years ago

I can think of a few under the ramp locations like on Demolition Man where these would be a boon. Only way you currently even know there are flashers there are when you are walking through self test and not during gameplay.

#27 10 years ago

Outstanding. I'm a big proponent of throwing light only where you need it.

I've been using perpendicular superflux flashers where I could for a while now, but they've never been available in an 89 base, nor sold in the US.

This is a big win for consumers.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Alright, you would be my hero here if you could pull this off, (and it's really simple). I want flex flashers so I can direct the light where I want it under inserts. I know I can't be alone on this. The lack of these is one of the reasons I usually leave incandescants in the flash sockets. Do this at a decent price point and you'll sell a shit ton.

I posted this a while back on the pinballbulbs thread, glad to see somebody jumped on it.

#29 10 years ago

My other suggestion was to make blinkers in colors other than white as I've been using colored condoms, but I hate to use them if I don't have to...

1 year later
#30 9 years ago

Old thread I know, but rather than start a new one, I'll just add to this one.
I took the 906 Flatties one step further a couple weeks ago, combined 2 together for a particular area that I wanted light to flash in opposite directions. Melissa loved the idea, and it works great!

IMG_4583.JPGIMG_4583.JPG IMG_4584.JPGIMG_4584.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointakers-new-89-906-flex-8-led-flashers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.