8%
  • Other 55 votes
    66%

(83 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_7122 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 4 years ago

Well take a look at what what types of bulbs you need, is it a mix of 44s & 555s?
Take that info and go to Comet, and go to the bulk section and order warm white 50 or 100 packs. Then you don't have to sit around and try to make a list of what colors where blah blah (although you might have to get a few specific if it has exposed colored bulbs above ramps or something g like that).
Never buy a kit.
Don't know how much fading there is in BTTF so don't know if an OCD LED is needed.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/2smd-bulbs-100-packs

Does anyone know if BTTF has ghosting issues?

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from jimgravina:

Even if it is one type of socket...arent there still different sizes of the bulbs themselves I would need to figure out? Also, what is an OCD LED?

Right check my link above. The " sizes" are just power of the leds, the ones 8 linked above I'm going to tell you are the best and used in the most applications; frosted domes. That just means the type of lens or cover goes over the Led.
Sure there are all special types of bulbs for all types of.... Zzzzzzzz..... Don't get pulled into marketing shit, these leds work in 99% of applications perfectly.

Ocd led is an add on that helps leds look like incandescents. It's not something you need for most machines.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If you are new to pinball and have never done this before I highly recommend just getting a kit....

If you're new to pinball it's best to learn right now how to do shit for yourself; cause that's the life.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from jimgravina:

I doubt I will get any other games so this is all a one-time thing.

Hahaha this guy is hilarious.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from jimgravina:

I think I am good to work through this.

Personally I would say NOT to use LEDs in your flashers...those are the bigger bayonet bulbs and their number is 89. Their more expensive, canbe overly bright, and I am assuming since it's a Data East you have a ton of them.

This is probably also a good time (?) to bring up there are 2 types of sockets/lighting; GI & Inserts/controlled.
The General Illumination lights the game up and they are all connected, always on or off.
The inserts/controlled are all the other lights that go on and off depending on what is happening in the game.

I bring this up because it may not be so easy to swap on the GI. Data East could have stapled down socket for GI and not easy to chnage form the underside of the playfield, meaning you might (will) have to take some fo the shit n the top off to change them.
That's my recollection, but I haven't hopped a BTTF in like a year.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

You can't go wrong with either...

Well you can get dumb colored GI and spend more monies for it...I think that's what we are calling wrong.

2 weeks later
#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

...I had some color changing bulbs from Comet....

Oh boy.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I was only asking since the OCD LED/GI boards work "best" with ghosting LEDs but it probably doesn't matter in the grand scheme...

I think OCD LED specifically calls for non ghosting bulbs?

Ah I see...just more flexibility

"What if I already have non-ghosting bulbs?
Standard LEDs will give the OCD board more direct control over the LEDs, but you can still use non-ghosting bulbs with some minor restrictions."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-vs-pinballbulb?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.