Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Banker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Is there a major difference between both of them? ARe they relatively the same?

#2 10 years ago

dosen't marco Re-Sell the CoinTaker LEDs?...I have bought from both & they are the same product (except Marco is 4 x the cost)......

#3 10 years ago

For some reason right now MARCO's are $159 for my kit and Coin taker is $220

#4 10 years ago

Cointaker has the best LED's hands down. There's a reason why Stern chooses to use them over what else is available.

#5 10 years ago

Looks like by the picture they are ablaze led's not ct

#6 10 years ago

Personally I have had machines with both Cointaker and Ablaze LED's and actually prefer the Ablaze. I can't speak for any of the other companies though.

Quoted from exflexer:

There's a reason why Stern chooses to use them over what else is available.

Are you kidding? Stern cuts corners all over the place. My guess is they went with the best deal out there. I admit their quality has come up over the last few pins, but to say Stern uses the best of anything is somewhat laughable.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

You'll get out way cheaper not going with a kit and just buying what you need. It also gives you more opportunity to be creative and style the LEDs the way you want them exactly. I've done whole machines including the backbox for ~$100.

#8 10 years ago

Kits... ugh. Make a list of what you need, then order from Cointaker. Don't forget the PINSIDE15 discount!

#9 10 years ago

Coin taker , great Service and Great LED's !!

#10 10 years ago

Double check the kit. Some kits are only GI lights, some are insert lights, some just a backglass kit. and some are the whole machine.

Plus

Quoted from The_Director:

You'll get out way cheaper not going with a kit and just buying what you need. It also gives you more opportunity to be creative and style the LEDs the way you want them exactly. I've done whole machines including the backbox for ~$100.

And

Quoted from rvdv:

Coin taker , great Service and Great LED's !!

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

Cointaker has the best LED's hands down. There's a reason why Stern chooses to use them over what else is available.

I see ablaze flat tops in stern games though a lot

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

Are you kidding? Stern cuts corners all over the place. My guess is they went with the best deal out there. I admit their quality has come up over the last few pins, but to say Stern uses the best of anything is somewhat laughable.

You act as if Bally WMS never cut a corner to save costs.

Quoted from jrivelli:

I see ablaze flat tops in stern games though a lot

Are you referring to the pop LED's or the LED's above the mystery hole on Metallica?

#13 10 years ago

I'm a big fan of CoinTaker, great people, GREAT customer service.

#14 10 years ago

CoinTaker LEDs in all of my pins.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-vs-marcospecs-led and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.