Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Loupie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MB-P.F.jpg
    JB_w-LED_s.jpg
    ToM.jpg
    WH20-.jpg
    BK2K.,.jpg
    107b2660.jpg
    The_Mouth_of_Sauron.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    images.jpeg
    pimptastic.jpg
    IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_1688.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Which are better or are they the same?

#2 12 years ago

Talkin about the complete kits. Sorry

#3 12 years ago

I never try from Marcos but i have tried plenty from cointaker and
    they are the best

#4 12 years ago

I never tried Marco for LEDs either. But have been pretty impressed with cointaker LEDs. Remember pinsider's get a 10% discount just put in PINSIDE in the coupon code box. Unless Marco is a lot cheaper I would advise you to go with cointaker.

#5 12 years ago

Their the same price but I was ordering from Marco right now. Just noticed there out of stock on Marco anyway so Cointaker it is!

#6 12 years ago

Cointakers. Or pinball life

#7 12 years ago

Stick with Cointaker,Great LEDS,Great Service and Fast Shipping and
    they always take good care of customers.Chris and Melissa are great
    folks

#8 12 years ago

CT... Ultra Brites wherever you can use them... Amazing.

IMG_1688.jpgIMG_1688.jpg

#9 12 years ago

That TOM looks awesome!!! I may need to finally break down and buy the LED kit for LOTR.

#10 12 years ago

Andrew ( Marco ) buy's his Led's from CoinTaker.. Maybe PinLife also.. A Lil- info,,,

#11 12 years ago

60/40 CT/PL.
    It just makes that magic... well MAGIC!
    (Until CT releases those ghostbusters...)

IMG_0498.JPGIMG_0498.JPG

IMG_0504.JPGIMG_0504.JPG

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

60/40 CT/PL.
    It just makes that magic... well MAGIC!
    (Until CT releases those ghostbusters...)

Where did you get all the extra figures on the playfield? I'm especially interested in the POTD figures...

#13 12 years ago

I have orderd from all three, plus another I will never use again, and they all have their pluses. It depends on what kind of LED you want and where you are putting them. The only problem I have had with any are the crazy 555 LEDs from Marco that are 8 (I think) LEDs in one. They will not fit in a bulb board but work well in like a pop bumper or a wide insert opening. Other than that they have all been good.

#14 12 years ago
    #15 12 years ago

Amazon, Mr.Binks!
    Amazon!
    Here you go!

http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-AOME-Mini-pack/dp/B0026RT9RK/ref=sr_1_8

Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmptastic!

pimptastic.jpgpimptastic.jpg

#16 12 years ago

Why do those girls have that concerned look on their faces?!?
    Is he packin' "BD style" or what?

Maybe "Goodbye Horses" is playing in the background..?

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Maybe "Goodbye Horses" is playing in the background..?

If that's the case, this won't end well... Buffalo Bill is not to be trifled with.

One more thing... Is this the Sauron that you have on your LOTR pin?

http://www.amazon.com/Lord-Rings-Armies-Middle-DEFEAT/dp/B00009KO8D/ref=sr_1_7

#18 12 years ago

"Si!"

IMG_0514.jpgIMG_0514.jpg

#19 12 years ago

Now they just need to bust out the Mouth of Sauron figure and this thing will be golden.

The_Mouth_of_Sauron.jpgThe_Mouth_of_Sauron.jpg

#20 12 years ago

Marco sells cointaker leds...so they are the same ones but if you buy them from marco you won't be able to get the Pinside discount at Cointaker.com

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Andrew ( Marco ) buy's his Led's from CoinTaker.. Maybe PinLife also.. A Lil- info,,,

I think the Pinballlife ones are different. They look different and they offer a ghostbuster version, which CT doesn't have yet.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

I think the Pinballlife ones are different.

I believe you are right, if I can remember Pinballlife carries "A-Blaze" and CoinTaker is different. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the two carry different types and brands.

#23 12 years ago

Can you explain the ghostbuster version. I mean is it lighter, brighter, flashes faster? I cant find a youtube video on it.

#24 12 years ago

the bulbs do not ghost. ghosting is when they glow a bit when to bulbs are off. i have ordered from pinlife and ct. cointakers bulbs are simply brighter. however if you are on a budget the ablaze bulbs from pinlife are still better than regular bulbs. sometimes you can get great deals on colored bulbs. if you are lookin jus for an upgrade and money is tight pinlife if you are not concerned about money or jus want spectacular bulbs cointakers the way to go.

#25 12 years ago

if you are not concerned about money or jus want spectacular bulbs cointakers the way to go.

You said it bro !!!! I've Led'd 30 or More Pin's , Color match the insert with the Super, Cotton swab it clean and Lite it up.. Coming Soon ,, CoinTaker's Full List of Ghost Proof led's.. I talked to Terry @ PinballLife,, he said he actually tore apart a Ghost-proof Led of his, He said there are 7 component's in that 1 led.. Terry know's Chris @ CT and Respect's him Alot,, CT has and is Still Improv-n the Led and coming up with New Item's All the time.. Salute !!!

107b2660.jpg107b2660.jpg BK2K.,.jpgBK2K.,.jpg WH20-.jpgWH20-.jpg ToM.jpgToM.jpg JB_w-LED_s.jpgJB_w-LED_s.jpg MB-P.F.jpgMB-P.F.jpg

#26 12 years ago

I installed the super LED package in my AFM and Cointaker is the best. I'll get more kits from them in the future. Super nice people to deal with.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-vs-marco-leds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.