Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by delt31
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

I have tried to resolve this matter for months . I purchased a Oktoberfest new in box (cash) at Sturbridge show in Mass from cointacker June 29th . I was suppose to get a shaker motor. They did not have and said they would ship it . I have called numerous times over the past 4 months and they ( Melissa )blame American Pinball for not shipping . I contacted someone in your office at ( American Pinball )and texted him my receipt showing all information. I just want my motor I paid for , how can we resolve this . At this point I would just like a full refund and someone can come pick the machine up if I can not get my shaker motor. 30 years of playing and buying this has to be the worst experience. I think Oktoberfest is a work of art , but Sales and communication are unsatisfactory with both companies . Anyone have any suggestions ? I will post receipt here if it helps to resolve

#2 4 years ago

This should turn out well I’m sure. I’ve never known anybody to rid a pin because of a shaker motor.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

This should turn out well I’m sure. I’ve never known anybody to rid a pin because of a shaker motor.

Sounds like it's more about the shitty customer experience than the shaker motor itself.

#4 4 years ago

How is your coin door lock?

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Like I said I would like the shaker motor but I am so disgusted with dealing with these 2 companies for months ,both of them pointing fingers at the other. I have not bought a new in box since Family Guy . I took a chance dealing with both these companies and got burned .

#6 4 years ago

Ask Melissa for a refund on the shaker motor and order it from AP. No reason to stress about it. You have a game, play it and wait for the shaker motor, no big deal.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Ask Melissa for a refund on the shaker motor and order it from AP. No reason to stress about it. You have a game, play it and wait for the shaker motor, no big deal.

I have, I can post the email I sent to her with no response . A shaker motor is 100.00 . I asked for the 100.00 so I can order it from American pinball. Why a 4 month issue with no resolution . I've had to call every couple of weeks and she says we don't have them . I call American pinball and they say there in stock as you can see on their website .

#8 4 years ago

email? I'd call her if I sent an email with no response. Maybe it went in her spam folder, etc. don't assume. Give her a call, she is very reasonable.

#9 4 years ago

Pick up the phone and call. If you don;t get resolution by tomorrow come back and let's publicly condemn them.

#10 4 years ago

like sands through the hourglass.... so are the days of our lives.

#11 4 years ago

email? I'd call her if I sent an email with no response. Maybe it went in her spam folder, etc. don't assume. Give her a call, she is very reasonable.

Quoted from sterlingpinball:

I've had to call every couple of weeks and she says we don't have them . I call American pinball and they say there in stock as you can see on their website .

Apparently he's been calling.

#12 4 years ago

He;s been calling asking for cointaker to send the shaker. Cointaker doesn't have the shaker so they can't send it.
    This time he should be calling to cancel the shaker motor, get the refund and order the shaker from AP. DONE.

Quoted from pipes:

#13 4 years ago

Chris and Melissa are awesome, so there has to be more to the story. Maybe this really is on American and they are dragging their feet.

#14 4 years ago

He;s been calling asking for cointaker to send the shaker. Cointaker doesn't have the shaker so they can't send it.
    This time he should be calling to cancel the shaker motor, get the refund and order the shaker from AP. DONE.

Well there must be more to the conversation than a simple yes or no when he asks if they have the shaker. June 29th is quite a while ago.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Leave a voicemail. When it doesn't get returned, call every 30 minutes until you talk to a real person.

#16 4 years ago

Melissa is the best and something just does not smell right about this.

#17 4 years ago

I was about to buy a shaker motor from this place. The vibe I got from the message on the voicemail was that this is purely a side gig for them and not a full time job. I passed and went with a more reputable vendor.

#18 4 years ago

Melissa is always great to work with.

Anyone can have an issue for a customer that for what ever reason, gets worse and worse. They may be trying to resolve it too and hit a wall.

You have the game. It is a great game. I know it's frustrating. But not the end of the world type stuff. Install the latest update. Play the game. Enjoy it.

And take a deep breath and start over. Call Melissa. Try until you catch her live, no emails, no messages. Plead your case. Be nice. I'm sure she'll come through.

I'm pretty sure she isn't any happier about what has gone on here, than you.

LTG : )

#19 4 years ago

$100??? If you really need it NOW order the another one somewhere else. When the one from coin taker eventually shows shelf it.

#20 4 years ago

Like others have mentioned - I would start the process over and do this:

* Call Melissa, ask for a refund.
    * After securing a refund; call another vendor who has the shaker, confirm it's in stock, and once you're off the phone, order it.

For the times I have spoken to Melissa, she's very understanding and works hard to keep Cointaker's reputation at a high level.

Best of luck - I hope this is resolved promptly for you.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

$100??? If you really need it NOW order the another one somewhere else. When the one from coin taker eventually shows shelf it.

If 100.00 is nothing to you then you send it to me . I guess you have money to burn some of us don't . And yes this is partially about customer service . Do you really think a customer should have to call every couple of weeks or email for 4 months and counting to get their product they already paid for? You pay for customer service when you buy something . When I buy a hamburger I don't expect them to throw it at me. And yes they were very nice when we bought the game were talking about $7000.00 not a hamburger either .

#22 4 years ago

American Pinball has them in stock on their website store so odd that it's an issue.

Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

I get that it's only $100 and not essential to enjoying the machine, but can understand the Ops frustration if he has indeed been trying for 4-months to get something he's paid for as part of a major purchase. Sometimes it's more about good customer service than the cost.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from AFM95:

Like others have mentioned - I would start the process over and do this:
    * Call Melissa, ask for a refund.
    * After securing a refund; call another vendor who has the shaker, confirm it's in stock, and once you're off the phone, order it.
    For the times I have spoken to Melissa, she's very understanding and works hard to keep Cointaker's reputation at a high level.
    Best of luck - I hope this is resolved promptly for you.

I would imagine the problem here lies in that the OP probably did not specifically purchase the shaker motor and instead the shaker was likely included with the pin as an incentive to buy in order to get around the minimum sell price that some pinball companies enforce.

#24 4 years ago

When I buy a hamburger I don't expect them to throw it at me.

In this case it sounds like you didn't even get a rubber biscuit you paid for... bow bow bow.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

Sounds like it's more about the shitty customer experience than the shaker motor itself.

Well..... in that case, I’m sure they’ll send somebody right over to pick up a used pin and issue a full refund.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I would imagine the problem here lies in that the OP probably did not specifically purchase the shaker motor and instead the shaker was likely included with the pin as an incentive to buy in order to get around the minimum sell price that some pinball companies enforce.

Good point. I didn't think about that. I thought it was a purchase AFTER the pin was bought.

If that's the case, someone owes this guy a shaker motor. It also makes this a tougher situation for the OP for resolution.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

In this case it sounds like you didn't even get a rubber biscuit you paid for... bow bow bow.

A Cabinet full of Blues...

#28 4 years ago

Coin No-refunder!

#29 4 years ago

American Pinball have reached out to me , which I really appreciate . Cointaker uses aftermarket shakers. I was told Cointaker does not have my home address to ship to . I have the carbon copy and they have the original receipt and never asked me for it all the times I called also. I was always told we don't have them and we will send it out immediately. So I will email them my address right now . Thanks to those here that were helpful . I will update when I actually receive it .

#30 4 years ago

American Pinball have reached out to me , which I really appreciate . Cointaker uses aftermarket shakers. I was told Cointaker does not have my home address to ship to . I have the carbon copy and they have the original receipt and never asked me for it all the times I called also. I was always told we don't have them and we will send it out immediately. So I will email them my address right now . Thanks to those here that were helpful . I will update when I actually receive it .

I hope you get it... Do not understand why people felt the need to attack you.

#31 4 years ago

The Shaker Shakedown is almost over..............

#32 4 years ago

I didn’t see any attacks on the op from anybody. I did see an attempt to run down the reputation and names of vendors and people on here. A more professional approach could have been a simple message

i.e. “I can’t get ahold of anybody from cointaker, can somebody please pass on the fact I’m trying to get ahold of them for an issue I have.”

Simply put, I have never seen a negative public call out benefit the OPs or business, it normally just airs out dirty laundry that is incomplete and doesn’t paint the entire picture. It spoils the the fun and community and in some cases hurts the vendors that support pinball.

I am glad the OP got his issue worked out though.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

I didn’t see any attacks on the op from anybody. I did see an attempt to run down the reputation and names of vendors and people on here. A more professional approach could have been a simple message
    i.e. “I can’t get ahold of anybody from cointaker, can somebody please pass on the fact I’m trying to get ahold of them for an issue I have.”
    Simply put, I have never seen a negative public call out benefit the OPs or business, it normally just airs out dirty laundry that is incomplete and doesn’t paint the entire picture. It spoils the the fun and community and in some cases hurts the vendors that support pinball.

People can go back and see your comments "BUD" how were you helpful which you were not. You were not the one being ignored and paid good money for a product . People should be aware of these situations. Pinball is suppose to be fun I agree . Where was my fun dealing with this for 4 months ? Keep in mind I still have not received it

#34 4 years ago

I'll never understand why people get up in arms when someone airs a grievance on Pinside to get results. If he waited for 4 months with no resolution what else could he do? How long is an appropriate amount of time before one can post about being unhappy with their experience? I had a similar negative experience with Coin Taker and a shaker motor that ultimately resulted in a refund. I didn't post on Pinside but if it took four months I bet I would have. It's a Pinball community and if you are getting jerked around other people might like to know, or in this case, it might help speed up your resolution. Just my 2 cents.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

I'll never understand why people get up in arms when someone airs a grievance on Pinside to get results. If he waited for 4 months with no resolution what else could he do? How long is an appropriate amount of time before one can post about being unhappy with their experience? I had a similar negative experience with Coin Taker and a shaker motor that ultimately resulted in a refund. I didn't post on Pinside but if it took four months I bet I would have. It's a Pinball community and if you are getting jerked around other people might like to know, or in this case, it might help speed up your resolution. Just my 2 cents.

But its Chris and Melissa!!??

How dare you say anything about them!!

#36 4 years ago

I also recently had a horrible experience with Cointaker and will not deal with them ever again. I was sent the wrong mirror blades three different times and they continued to behave as if it was my fault somehow?. This went on for 6 weeks and Melissa was very rude in her e-mail responses with one word answers when I asked for a status update. Just horrible communications.

#37 4 years ago

I'll never understand why it takes someone creating a public thread in order to get a response from these companies.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Not sure what you expect someone to do after almost 4 months, several follow ups and no results or follow through on promises. Any company will have some hickups and things that fall through the cracks. Pretty sure this one could have been handled several different ways months ago. People just need to remember that there are several sides to a story and one bad transaction does not mean a company is bad or good.

Hope the OP gets everything sorted out.

#39 4 years ago

I screwed up, we were waiting on the shakers to come in and they just came in, notified the customer I needed his address.
    Also refunded his money and sending the shaker. I take full ownership of this screw up. It's all on me.

Many apologies to this customer.

Sincerely,

Melissa

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

I screwed up, we were waiting on the shakers to come in and they just came in, notified the customer I needed his address.
    Also refunded his money and sending the shaker. I take full ownership of this screw up. It's all on me.
    Sincerely,
    Melissa

Crap happens, you guys go through a ton of inventory so mistakes and things slipping through the cracks will happen every once in a while. I've always had fast quality service from cointaker. Glad you were able to get everything squared away.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

I'll never understand why it takes someone creating a public thread in order to get a response from these companies.

It is an option to seek help.

No matter how good a seller is. Crap happens. And often snow balls into more crap. When trying to right a wrong, it can go south in a hurry and then be worse.

It is also a chance for a good seller ( See CoinTaker's response ) to set things right, and try and prevent them from happening again.

LTG : )

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

It is an option...

I think you need to re-read his post

Quoted from pinlink:

...why it takes someone creating a public thread in order to get a response from these companies.

#43 4 years ago

I have purchased 20+ NIB pins , 30 sets of mirror blades , shakers, and more than $5,000 of LEDs from Melissa,
    She is great to work with.

#44 4 years ago

I will come over and shake the pin by hand for 50 bucks.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

Sincerely,
    Melissa

Nice,
    Always a stand up distributor.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from Banker:

I have purchased 20+ NIB pins , 30 sets of mirror blades , shakers, and more than $5,000 of LEDs from Melissa,

I wish I was a banker

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from Banker:

I have purcha :impressed:sed 20+ NIB pins , 30 sets of mirror blades , shakers, and more than $5,000 of LEDs from Melissa,

5k must get you a quite a few leds

#48 4 years ago

I give the OP credit. I didn't go public, and have a $200 topper that never worked properly. Fell on deaf ears for 6 months now.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

Sincerely,
    Melissa

Taking accountability like this, probably just got you some new sales.
    -Mike

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I give the OP credit. I didn't go public, and have a $200 topper that never worked properly. Fell on deaf ears for 6 months now.

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Taking accountability like this, probably just got you some new sales.
    -Mike

Maybe it can get them some OLD sales?

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-took-my-money-4-months-later-still-no-shaker-motor?hl=alexmogil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.