3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by delt31
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 3 months ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

I screwed up, we were waiting on the shakers to come in and they just came in, notified the customer I needed his address.
    Also refunded his money and sending the shaker. I take full ownership of this screw up. It's all on me.
    Many apologies to this customer.
    Sincerely,
    Melissa

^^^ THIS is how you handle a foul-up. Well, done, Melissa! Customer service at their best!

#52 3 months ago

Again I just want to thank most of the Pinside community for their help. It's not about me coming out ahead but being whole . I will donate to Pinside so it continues to help others and provide a great pinball resource.

#53 3 months ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I give the OP credit. I didn't go public, and have a $200 topper that never worked properly. Fell on deaf ears for 6 months now.

May the Force Be With You !

#54 3 months ago

Melissa is platinum and has always treated me like gold.

I think shaker motors are a horrible idea with node boards btw.

#55 3 months ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Melissa is platinum and has always treated me like gold.
    I think shaker motors are a horrible idea with node boards btw.

nah shakers are awesome. Node boards are a horrible idea.

Seems like this one is wrapped up.

#56 3 months ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

I'll never understand why it takes someone creating a public thread in order to get a response from these companies.

Apparently sometimes it works.

#57 3 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Apparently sometimes it works.

I think what he means is that it shouldn't be necessary.

#58 3 months ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

But its Chris and Melissa!!??
    How dare you say anything about them!!

LOL

#60 3 months ago

I'm glad this is getting resolved. Don't like seeing problems like this drag on in the pinball world. We want vendors to be successful, profitable, and thought well of.

#61 3 months ago

Seventy percent of the time, it works every time.

#62 3 months ago

I can honestly say this is the only call out post I’ve seen that turned out good, I’ll eat some crow about how these never turn out good.

Good job cointaker, good job OP for the patience.

#63 3 months ago
    Quoted from Bud:

I can honestly say this is the only call out post I’ve seen that turned out good, I’ll eat some crow about how these never turn out good.
    Good job cointaker, good job OP for the patience.

They do turn out entertaining, however.

#64 3 months ago

wouldn't be pinside without the pin drama!

#65 3 months ago

All Im gonna say on this subject is people make mistakes....... But to roast such a reputible company and make assumtions about what kind of business they are is simply appaling.

Chris and Miss are fantastic buiness people and have built the Cointaker brand into a multimillion dollar business in less time than I have been collecting games.

They are great friends and some of the most honest people in the game. " would give them the keys to my house and not think twice "

Glad this all worked out

#66 3 months ago

I’ve bought lots of stuff from Melissa (Cointaker). I had some items show up dead on arrival. Emailed Melissa and was taken care of right away. I understand mistakes can happen. Things get lost in the shuffle. If it was a part I needed to get my car back on the road I would be freaking out. Glad this was resolved for the OP.

#67 3 months ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

All Im gonna say on this subject is people make mistakes....... But to roast such a reputible company and make assumtions about what kind of business they are is simply appaling.
    Chris and Miss are fantastic buiness people and have built the Cointaker brand into a multimillion dollar business in less time than I have been collecting games.
    They are great friends and some of the most honest people in the game. " would give them the keys to my house and not think twice "
    Glad this all worked out

Agree!

How dare ANYONE say a word?!

#68 3 months ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Glad this all worked out

Not that great when it takes 4 months and the customer has to come on a forum and try to resolve the issue that should have been done a couple months back. If it was there mistake why does it have to come to this to be resolved?

#69 3 months ago
    Quoted from ryan1234:

Seventy percent of the time, it works every time.

People dont go there anymore, it's too crowded.

#70 3 months ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

^^^ THIS is how you handle a foul-up. Well, done, Melissa! Customer service at their best!

This thread is good damage control, not good customer service.

#71 3 months ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

No, actually you address it when the customer calls/emails/contacts.

"Well done" isn't waiting for 4 months and having to post on a website.

#72 3 months ago
    Quoted from Banker:

I have purchased 20+ NIB pins , 30 sets of mirror blades , shakers, and more than $5,000 of LEDs from Melissa,
    She is great to work with.

lol....no shit, i wonder why.........

#73 3 months ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

No, actually you address it when the customer calls/emails/contacts.
    "Well done" isn't waiting for 4 months and having to post on a website.

I agree. That post from Melissa should have been sent as an email to the customer months ago. It shouldn't have come to this. That was just damage control, not good customer service...there's a difference.

#74 3 months ago
    Quoted from pinlink:

I'll never understand why it takes someone creating a public thread in order to get a response from these companies.

It shouldn't but that is the reality these days with understaffed organizations and under trained employees. (not saying Cointaker is either but thats generally why it occurs).

#75 3 months ago

Since we're taking about Cointaker and shakers I thought I would share a recent experience

Ordered a Shaker, didn't work so Melissa sent another without asking or receiving the original. 2nd Shaker received timely too. Still have the original which I'm returning when I see her next.

Just throwing it out there. Mistakes are made.

#76 3 months ago

Never had a problem when dealing w/ CoinTaker. I recently bought a JP3 from CoinTaker & their service is top notch. I also purchased a shaker motor at the York Show for JP3 & it was the wrong motor. Melissa pleasantly stated that she will send the correct motor out in exchange for the SAM unit. It was a simple exchange so all's well.

Melissa did take accountability for the overlook/mishap in regards to this thread topic. That's what matters as there is so much denial in preservation of righteousness. CoinTaker is a cornerstone of our pinball hobby, as is a go-to for everything pinball. Not everything is perfect, but this did work out in the end.

#77 3 months ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Since we're taking about Cointaker and shakers I thought I would share a recent experience
    Ordered a Shaker, didn't work so Melissa sent another without asking or receiving the original. 2nd Shaker received timely too. Still have the original which I'm returning when I see her next.
    Just throwing it out there. Mistakes are made.

You got
    two when the customer was told they were out of stock for months, and Melissa just posted that they had just got them back in stock?

I’ve only had positive experiences with Cointaker, but it appears to be 100% damage control on this transaction.

#78 3 months ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

You got
    two when the customer was told they were out of stock for months, and Melissa just posted that they had just got them back in stock?
    I’ve only had positive experiences with Cointaker, but it appears to be 100% damage control on this transaction.

Maybe stop and consider that cointaker sells several different shaker motors. It's pretty possible that they could have stern shaker motors in stock that do not work on AP games.

#79 3 months ago

I love the fact people down vote a positive post for both parties. WTF .... but that’s pinside and pitchforks.

I am 100% positive CT was not trying to screw him out of a shaker that costs them peanuts and risk neg posts.

Think what ya want and I’ll do the same.

#80 3 months ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

You got

Not only am I talking about different shakers but different timing as well. I was just sharing my personal experience with shakers....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 8.99
    Lighting - Other
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 159.99
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside