4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dgoett
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1732.JPG
    Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Been a while since I bought from cointaker. Went to place an order and am being charged $20 to ship something that would fit in a $6 USPS ship and it fits box.

Is this new, as I used to recall them having very reasonable shipping rates. No way I'm spending $20 to ship $30 worth of lights

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

#2 4 years ago

#3 4 years ago

Maybe shoot them an email and see if they can re-check the shipping rate? That is mighty high.

#4 4 years ago

back to work Robert!

#5 4 years ago

Welcome to the world of Canadian and international shipping rates

#6 4 years ago

Their shipping rates have gotten out of hand. $20 dollars to ship a 4x6 box full of light weight leds from pennsylvania to new jersey (2 hours away). Actual cost was probably $4.90

I switched to comet. Same leds, made by same factory. Way cheaper price, $2.00 to ship via USPS. Talk about reasonable.

#7 4 years ago

Something isn't right, I ordered $27 in bulbs from them earlier this week, shipping was $2.32.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Imeh:

back to work Robert!

I am in my office working on Pinside. Lol.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

Welcome to the world of Canadian and international shipping rates

Good point. Where do u live OP?

#10 4 years ago

I live in Texas. Used to cost about $5-$6 to have an order shipped. Going to send them a message from the contact us link. I'd really like the order but if it's going to cost more than $10 to ship I don't need it that bad.

#11 4 years ago

85 - I need some LEDs, we should combine. Though I was thinking of ordering some from comet.

#12 4 years ago

There must be something going on. I was also gonna order but the shipping was way too high for 20 bulbs so I went to comet. I should have emailed them to see if something was in fact wrong.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

85 - I need some LEDs, we should combine. Though I was thinking of ordering some from comet.

PM sent.

#14 4 years ago

Our shipping rates have not increased. We are still working out the bugs on our new website.
    We have automatically been crediting back all over charges on shipping, and are working on getting this straightened out. For those who ordered and feel they were over charged, please check your credit card or paypal receipts and you will find that you were credited back the difference.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

Our shipping rates have not increased. We are still working out the bugs on our new website.
    We have been crediting back all over charges on shipping, and are working on getting this straightened out.

And there you go people! Straight from the Top!

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

We have automatically been crediting back all over charges on shipping, and are working on getting this straightened out. For those who ordered and feel they were over charged, please check your credit card or paypal receipts and you will find that you were credited back the difference.

U guys going to Allentown? I need some led's... No shipping cost.

#17 4 years ago

Thanks CT. Just placed my order

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Thanks CT. Just placed my order

Glad that got worked out.
    You are going to love those new larger LED boards for the Star Trek Enterprise inserts.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from CoinTaker:

Talk about AWESOME customer service! Can't wait to see the CoinTaker crew in Allentown!

#20 4 years ago

CT has been here a very long time, and it was just a matter of time before they addressed this.

I love CT; done business with them for nearly 3 years and 11 games hand-picked fully LED'd. The only time I don't order from them is with specialty flashers or colors (cyan, very light greens, etc).

#21 4 years ago

I ordered some a week or so ago and got a 10 credit for shipping overcharges the next day.

Ct rules.

2 weeks later
    #22 4 years ago

apparently it isn't fixed yet.
    went to place an order Friday and was ordering 450 LEDs [200 frosted 555, 200 frosted 44's and 50 2led clear dome] and shipping was $35.
    I said Hell no. $8-$10 I can understand. I shipped a widebody playfield in a wooden crate for $25.......

Hope they get it worked out soon.

and pinside10 and pinside15 don't work any longer. any new updated codes? I'd prefer to stay with cointaker as we have a process in place to LED games, but no discount makes their bulbs a LOT higher than competitors.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 320.00
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 114.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 119.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 142.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 159.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside