Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
CT_Shaker.jpeg

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Cool thanks guys. I'll give it a shot if need be. Whole reason I tried the red tremor is my STLE factory shaker was causing flipper jitter. A pinsiders replaced theirs with the red tremor and it resolved their flipper jitter. Upon further research, it looks like a bad lead wire or one of the bank of wires is bad. So for now I just used all the red tremor wiring with the factory shaker and so far so good. If I have to go back to the red tremor I'll take your advice and flip one of the weights. Thanks!

#52 8 years ago

Mmmm,why would you not get the shaker when you by the pin??are you that cheap?The shakers installed at the factory are the correct ones to use!! If you over amp ,all kinds of negative stuff will start to shake loose! aftermarket items sometimes not all they should be! Shaker in my ST/pre lasted 2 years now,!!IMHO,peace

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Mmmm,why would you not get the shaker when you by the pin??are you that cheap?The shakers installed at the factory are the correct ones to use!! If you over amp ,all kinds of negative stuff will start to shake loose! aftermarket items sometimes not all they should be! Shaker in my ST/pre lasted 2 years now,!!IMHO,peace

I guess hawkmoon don't know how to read, I reiterate for you. My factory STLE shaker was causing flipper jitter and flasher issues. Known problem with some peoples shakers and even Patrick at stern knew about it. He sent me their fix which didn't fix my issue. As I was about to buy a new stern shaker motor to replace my existing stern shaker motor I read a post about someone having the same issue and it was fixed with the red tremor so I have that a shot. By that logic I wouldn't consider that cheap, just doing research. So Eskaybee shall continue for hawkmoon....the red tremor fixed my issue that the factory shaker was not and the stern service support fix for this issue did not as well. My next problem was that the red tremor was just way too darn powerful. So I read more and with the lead of a fellow pinsiders found that Lloyd had made a post about flipper jitter with shakers and it was a bad lead wire or somethin to that matter. So I reinstalled sterns factory motor but used the wiring I had extra from the red tremor and replaced all the factory stern shaker wiring. Problem solved and back to using the stern factory motor as hawkmoon recommends. Had I been more technological sound and patient, I probably could have resolved this without having to buy any new motors, sterns or coin takers. Got it? Good. Kthxbye peace

#54 8 years ago

Your right I'd buy my pin and my shaker from CT. I personally think that shakers should come with the prem and le from the factory. If this were so we would not be having the question floated. Do you all not remember that before the tremor came out shaker prices were going up well over 150 even at the discounted retailers? Tremor came in and the price dropped to current levels. Thank you cointaker for offering a solid option and I enjoy all three of mine.

#55 8 years ago

doesn't know how to read is the correct way to put me down,sir,peace

4 weeks later
#56 8 years ago

http://sternpinball.com/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-184-third-party-shaker-motors

Stern won't warranty any board issues if an aftermarket shaker is installed in any of their pins. Here is the link for the bulletin

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

http://sternpinball.com/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-184-third-party-shaker-motors
Stern won't warranty any board issues if an aftermarket shaker is installed in any of their pins. Here is the link for the bulletin

It doesn't say "any of their pins," it says "spike".

#58 8 years ago

Yeah, the bulletin says Spike but I called on Friday about the sale on shaker motors and spoke to someone who told me any of their pinball machines still under a warranty.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cointaker-red-tremor-thoughts-after-install/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.