6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by zippydapinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WI.jpg

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from asnatlas:

I was going to say, it has been a little over a month now and the .net domain is redirecting to PPB.com. Seems like if they wanted to trade they would have registered it and tried to work out a trade closer to the date of registration before even setting up the redirect...

Well in fairness to PinballBulbs, if I bought something with my hard earned money I would use it and put it to work for me too until I could unload it. It only makes business sense.

#52 6 years ago

Maybe i'm in a distinct minority here, but it just seems very low rent to intentionally take a competitor's name in this way and then pretend like it's just business. Perhaps it's not illegal or anything but ethically it's really just not the right thing to do. Inferring that pinballled's (a pretty much generic term) is anywhere close to the same thing as a more custom business name like cointaker is really, really reaching.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from asnatlas:

I would think that IPs are logged ?? Can't Robin or a moderator search and see if the same IP is associated with another account ID on pinside ??

I would think so too. I am betting that Robin can figure out who a lot of anonymous new posters are based on IP address. He could probably write a book.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from gamestencils:

Maybe i'm in a distinct minority here, but it just seems very low rent to intentionally take a competitor's name in this way and then pretend like it's just business. Perhaps it's not illegal or anything but ethically it's really just not the right thing to do. Inferring that pinballled's (a pretty much generic term) is anywhere close to the same thing as a more custom business name like cointaker is really, really reaching.

So, to clarify, I'm not comparing the uniqueness of cointaker to pinballled. I have had customers, from shows, attempt to go to pinballleds.com and then find our contact details through a friend or from papers they had from that specific show. Probably out of confusion I'm guessing since we don't advertise that domain name as we don't own. Saw Cointaker had it, so we bought cointaker.net with the intent to do a trade down the road. If someone was specifically typing in cointaker.com but accidentally did .net and saw it went to Pinballbulbs.com I really doubt that would sway them from buying from Cointaker since they already knew the CT name and typed it in directly.

Either, this is a fairly common thing to do. Unethical? Not at all. Unethical would be is if CT contacted us to buy it and we wanted like 5k for it and bought it knowing they would want it. Not the case. Looking to leverage it for a domain name. We don't park domain names that are purchased, period. Always going to put those to work since it takes 1min to set a redirect.

For example, my dad's old coworker way back when owned hoover.com since it was his last name. Eventually hoover vaccums bothered him enough that he sold it...for 400k He got way over his purchase price, but still not something bought and squatted on.

If CT really wants cointaker.net then i think a 1to1 trade is pretty fair, and we'll cover the fees, albeit like $15 ish. If they don't want the trade then no biggie either, right? I mean, they are welcome to do as they please and we just made a small financial mistake by thinking it would get us pinballleds.com. They are also welcome to redirect pinballleds.com to ct.com if they wanted to cover even more of the online led bases. No objections here

#55 6 years ago

I do have to add I have bought from both companies and they are both excellent. PinballBulbs sends you an overly generous amount of extra LED's with your order because some always don't work and Cointaker's customer service is bar none. I had to return an order with CoinTaker and they gave me a full refund, paid the RETURN shipping for me and by mistake I guess I got a bulb mixed up with some others I had around and I told them I would pay for the missing bulb and Melissa just said "no worries it's yours" and let me keep it. Bang up people at Cointaker. In a normal situation I would probably have to do a pay-pal dispute but not with Cointaker, they don't sweat the little things. Both great companies just depends which ones bulbs you like better, I've tried both and I do have to admit pinbullBulbs has a really good product which I prefer at this point (interchanging bulb caps is genius, they should patent it), their customer service is good and you can't beat their prices that's for sure.

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I do have to add I have bought from both companies and they are both excellent.

Agreed, both companies rock and are great for the community! Hope they can work this out as it is really a pretty minor issue and PBB has offered what seems a fair trade and is willing to cover fees. Seems like a no-brainer and nothing to get worked up over. As mentioned before this is standard buisiness practice these days and IMHO a non-issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 839.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 98.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.95
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.50
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Plastics
    MicksPinball
    $ 117.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Protection
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside